Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dungy & Harrison HoF per Jim Irsay

bababooey

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Being a very nice guy payed off for Dungy

Winning a super bowl as a player and a coach didn't hurt either.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget how he revolutionized the NFL with his version of Chuck Knoll's defense. 

I am also sure that how he resurrected a dead franchise in Tampa Bay helped his case. Dead doesn't really begin to explain just how terrible that franchise was.

First African American head coach to win a super bowl.

You know when you add all of this stuff up, it's kind of why the the hall of fame was implemented, right? People who stood out, and made a real difference on the game.

1 minute ago, peytonmanning18 said:

So Marvin couldn't even carve time into his schedule to be there with the rest of the new class of hall of famers

Im not going to pass judgment. It's the easy quick decision to make, but we have no idea why he wasn't there. So many possibilities.

If later we find that he just blew it off then yeah that's strange. But really, Marvin is a strange cat anyway.

16 minutes ago, peytonmanning18 said:

So Marvin couldn't even carve time into his schedule to be there with the rest of the new class of hall of famers

Yes, I was disappointed  and surprised that he wasn't there, but we have no idea what the reason is.

Nontheless... Congratulations Marvin on this very deserving award.

29 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Winning a super bowl as a player and a coach didn't hurt either.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget how he revolutionized the NFL with his version of Chuck Knoll's defense. 

I am also sure that how he resurrected a dead franchise in Tampa Bay helped his case. Dead doesn't really begin to explain just how terrible that franchise was.

First African American head coach to win a super bowl.

You know when you add all of this stuff up, it's kind of why the the hall of fame was implemented, right? People who stood out, and made a real difference on the game.

No

haha  I guess  people can be negative about anything if they put their mind to it. :mindblow: 

We have two people from our SB winning organization going into the HOF in the same year and yet some here find reasons to argue about it.   :scratch:

I am very happy for both Tony and Marvin who are both so deserving of this honor.

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Well the NFL thanks you for your opinion, but it disagrees.

Actually, the same dipstick writers who made Marvin wait three years disagrees.  I'm crushed to be at odds with that brain trust.

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

haha  I guess  people can be negative about anything if they put their mind to it. :mindblow: 

We have two people from our SB winning organization going into the HOF in the same year and yet some here find reasons to argue about it.   :scratch:

I am very happy for both Tony and Marvin who are both so deserving of this honor.

People always disagree with who and who doesn't get in.....there is no harm in it. The fact that they played for the Colts has no bearing.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

People always disagree with who and who doesn't get in.....there is no harm in it. The fact that they played for the Colts has no bearing.

It should if you are a Colts fan, but that is certainly in question.

You see Marvin Harrison will be the first ever Indianapolis Colt (start to finish) to go in the Hall of Fame. It means a lot.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I understand that people disagree on things.

I just think as a Colts fan most would be ecstatic to have not only one, but TWO from our organization being recognized and going in at the same time.   Something definitely worth celebrating and being proud of.

Congrats to both.  I have no argument in either getting in, but to me, Harrison was just a no-brainer.  I also think Edge should eventually get in although I don't feel he's a 1st-ballot guy and I guess the voters agree.  

Either way, I'm ecstatic that FINALLY, after more than 30 years in Indy, someone will represent the 'Shoe in the HOF that played in Indy.  Sure, we've had guys that played here that are in such as Dickerson and Faulk but they went in with other uniforms on.  Now someone(s) will rep the INDY Colts and I couldn't be more ecstatic.  

I've always maintained that the year someone wearing an Indy uni went in I would be there to witness it.  Guess I will have to hold up my end of the bargain.  And get ready for more trips in the future with Peyton and possibly Edge, Reggie, Adam, Dwight, and Robert.  So proud to be a fan of the 'Shoe tonight!

2 minutes ago, James said:

Marvin should have been there. 

Meh, he has made it clear thru the years this stuff isn't his cup of tea.  I'm hoping his speech consists of "thank you" and then sits down.....classic Marvin.

46 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Congrats to both.  I have no argument in either getting in, but to me, Harrison was just a no-brainer.  I also think Edge should eventually get in although I don't feel he's a 1st-ballot guy and I guess the voters agree.  

Either way, I'm ecstatic that FINALLY, after more than 30 years in Indy, someone will represent the 'Shoe in the HOF that played in Indy.  Sure, we've had guys that played here that are in such as Dickerson and Faulk but they went in with other uniforms on.  Now someone(s) will rep the INDY Colts and I couldn't be more ecstatic.  

I've always maintained that the year someone wearing an Indy uni went in I would be there to witness it.  Guess I will have to hold up my end of the bargain.  And get ready for more trips in the future with Peyton and possibly Edge, Reggie, Adam, Dwight, and Robert.  So proud to be a fan of the 'Shoe tonight!

I believe u will be there.....the real question is will Marvin? I wonder what the line will be in Vegas on him appearing. I have my doubts honestly.

12 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

I know it is a silly question but how can there be Peyton haters on a Colts forum?

Clearly haven't posted long here. Don't get me wrong...it's unfathoable to me too but I'd argue there are many more here than you'd expect. Many place a lot of our disappointing finishes on Peyton and many are newer fans that weren't fans until Luck got here...and in supporting their favorite player it benefits them to bring down his predecessor. The first I can understand a bit Peyton had some stinkers in the postseason but he also carried several unworthy playoff teams into the postseason too. Whatever the reason there are many haters on here...but a majority of Colts fans understand the complexity of winning it all and are objective in viewing Mannings career. No matter how he is viewed he has always carried himself with class and represented our team with excellent play and even better decorum.