Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 round defense dream mock

1 hour ago, Combsey said:

Yes I know this will never happen not realistic. Its just for fun they were available at those picks on fanspeak thus would be a dream draft.

Screenshot_2016-02-06-17-59-15.png

My issue is not with Combsey,  so please don't take this as an attack on you.     It's not.

It's an attack on these computer simulation games.

-- No way Hargraves falls to 18 unless something really bad happens to him.

-- No way in the world Smith falls to pick 17 of the 2ND ROUND.

-- No way Wright falls to pick 19 of the 3rd round.

The people who run these computer simulation games have no idea how to value players.    That's why/how you get results that look like this.     

The chances of any of the first three games being available where we pick them is tiny.    But the chances of ALL THREE OF THEM being available when we pick?      Is there a number smaller than zero?

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Wright might fall IF he has bad medical reports.     And that's possible.

But based on game tape?       He could fall to the 3rd round,  but not likely to pick 19 of that round.

his acl tear will drop him in the third I agree, but there might be a chance hes there at our pick. I do have us taking him in the third in my latest mock draft

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Here is my dream draft...

1 - ILB Jaylon Smith

2 (via Cleveland) - OLB Noah Spence (Indy trades 2017 1st)

2 - DT Sheldon Rankins

3 - S Karl Joseph

4 - OT Joe Haeg

5 - CB Deiondre Hall

7 - RB Leon Allen

As of today,  I think there's just as good of a chance Rankins goes in 1st than he does in the 2nd.

His stock is rising....

I do think its funny how they do it. The first few weeks hargreaves was always gone in the top ten last few days he has been there they have him at 17. Smith has dropped also he was 27 now they have him at 37. Anyway its just to pass time I just thought it was funny who all I was able to get. I would be happy with getting one of them. Out of curiosity if Hargreaves and Smith were there at 18 which would you take?

10 minutes ago, Combsey said:

I do think its funny how they do it. The first few weeks hargreaves was always gone in the top ten last few days he has been there they have him at 17. Smith has dropped also he was 27 now they have him at 37. Anyway its just to pass time I just thought it was funny who all I was able to get. I would be happy with getting one of them. Out of curiosity if Hargreaves and Smith were there at 18 which would you take?

I'd take Smith,  but only with the support and understanding from the owner.    Irsay has to sign-off on the deal,  because I think the odds are strong that either (A) Smith doesn't play at all in 2016,  or (B)  he plays sum,  but is not the stud linebacker we're expecting.      

He won't be that guy until 2017.       So, Irsay has to understand all that going in......

33 minutes ago, Combsey said:

If you're talking about Jaylon Smith I'd prefer him. He fills a bigger need and he's the home state player with tremendous upside. Indy's LBs are too old. Need a youth infusion. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

As of today,  I think there's just as good of a chance Rankins goes in 1st than he does in the 2nd.

His stock is rising....

I've been high in Rankins for about a year now, and would love to have him on Indy. A 1st would be tough to give up considering they need major help elsewhere like LB and CB. And gotta get a RT of the future in round 3 or 4. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'd take Smith,  but only with the support and understanding from the owner.    Irsay has to sign-off on the deal,  because I think the odds are strong that either (A) Smith doesn't play at all in 2016,  or (B)  he plays sum,  but is not the stud linebacker we're expecting.      

He won't be that guy until 2017.       So, Irsay has to understand all that going in......

I see Hargreaves as the usual over analysis of a player.  He's worth a top 15 pick but because of the constant nick picking he's gonna fall. 

With that being said I agree with you.  Take Smith but with the understanding it isn't immediate.  

31: R1P31

OLB NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY
32: R2P1

OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME
95: R3P32

DT MALIEK COLLINS
NEBRASKA
116: R4P21

WR BRAXTON MILLER
OHIO STATE
143: R5P16

CB CYRUS JONES
ALABAMA
207: R7P18

OG JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE
TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
PITTSBURGH STEELERS [They selected Vernon Hargreaves III]
SENT:
  • ROUND: 1 PICK: 18
RECEIVED:
  • ROUND: 1 PICK: 25
  • ROUND: 3 PICK: 26
TRADE PARTNER:
CAROLINA PANTHERS [They selected Taylor Decker]
SENT:
  • ROUND: 1 PICK: 25
RECEIVED:
  • ROUND: 1 PICK: 31
  • ROUND: 3 PICK: 32
TRADE PARTNER:
CLEVELAND BROWNS [They selected Connor Cook, Scooby Wright, and Joe Haeg]
SENT:
  • ROUND: 2 PICK: 17
  • ROUND: 3 PICK: 19
  • ROUND: 3 PICK: 26
RECEIVED:
  • ROUND: 2 PICK: 1
  • ROUND: 3 PICK: 32
TRADE PARTNER:
HOUSTON TEXANS [They selected Ian Seau]
SENT:
  • ROUND: 4 PICK: 18
RECEIVED:
  • ROUND: 4 PICK: 21
  • ROUND 5 2017 PICK

Here's my dream defensive mock with totally realistic trades and picks (/sarcasm). When pick 18 came around there were several very good options available but I knew I wanted more picks. So I moved back 7 spots for an additional 3rd. When it came time for our pick, Carolina offered another 3rd for us to move back 6 more spots. I went ahead and took it. At pick 31 I saw both Spence and Smith available. Immediately offered our 2nd and since we now had three 3rd rounders, I offered the two earliest of those 3rd rounders to the Browns for the first pick of the 2nd round. They accepted. So I had the final pick of Rd 1 and first pick of Rd 2 and got our linebacking corps set. The rest of the draft was really just trying to go BPA at whatever position.  I went into this one with the backdrop of C and RG being addressed through FA.  If we managed to get these as our first two picks, I'd spend the rest of the draft trying to trade back for future 2017 picks wherever I could.