Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jemel Singleton new colts RB coach

RockThatBlue

10 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Grigson listens to the evaluations of his staff along with his own scouting expertise. If your plans are to pick up a running back and you are placing grades I think having a coach from that players school on your staff helps you place a very realistic grade on that player.

Hope you're 100% correct with this, krunk. Given all the upgraded newbie coaches we now have, I think not only listening to them, but acting upon them would serve the Colts extremely well. The days of even the slightest drafting by dictatorship must end, IMO. 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what little it may be worth to you....

Arkansas has two huge guards in the draft this year.    Neither have a high grade.

ESPN has one with a 4th round grade,  the other with a 6th round grade.

They have three high level kids to be drafted.

Henry,  the TE is a late 1st or early 2nd round guy.

And their two running backs appear to be 2nd/3rd round guys.

Not saying they don't have other draftable guys,  but that's all I've found on several websites.....

Yeah Henry will likely be the first TE taken. Tretola I think has a chance to go in the 3rd. He had a good senior bowl week. Denver Kirkland is interesting because he projects as a guard but played LT last year. 

Then of course there's Brandon Allen who should go 6th-UDFA and could be a decent backup QB

19 hours ago, krunk said:

The highly regarded Singleton replaces former Colts running backs coach Charlie Williams, who was fired last month after a season at the position.

In Singleton’s lone campaign with Arkansas this past year, he helped running back Alex Collins rush for 1,577 yards with 20 touchdowns on 271 carries, all career highs. That was enough for Collins to forego his senior season last month and enter the NFL draft.

Prior to Arkansas, the 40-year-old Singleton was Oklahoma State’s running backs coach for four seasons. Under him, Cowboys running backs didn’t commit a single turnover in 2014. He helped the program rush for 35 touchdowns in ’13, 15th-best in the FBS. Singleton also tutored former Oklahoma State running back Joseph Randle, who earned All-Big 12 first-team honors in 2011 and ’12.

Before Oklahoma State, Singleton was Air Force’s running backs coach from 2006–10. He was also the Falcons’ run game coordinator for his last four seasons with the program, campaigns in which Air Force led the Mountain West in rushing and was among the top 10 in the FBS. He was a varsity assistant at the academy from ’03–05.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/05/jemal-singleton-indianapolis-colts-running-backs-coach

I like how the profiles always say "he helped them rush for X" hmmm really? Did he block for them? Did he help tote the ball? I know I'm being a bit picky but it seems a little misleading to state it like that. Coaches r, for the most part, products of their players talent levels. Many coaches go thru ups and downs as far as the production they get from their respective groups.