Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which one is NOT playing this Sunday?

RD     5 136 Indianapolis Colts Josh Chapman Alabama SEC  
  5 137 Denver Broncos Malik Jackson  DE Tennessee SEC from St. Louis [R5 - 1]

5 142 Jacksonville Jaguars Brandon Marshall  LB Nevada WAC  
  5 143 Carolina Panthers Josh Norman  CB Coastal Carolina Big South  

I think this is a flawed argument.  Just because Chapman isn't playing this Sunday, doesn't mean he is a terrible pick.  Andrew Luck isn't playing this Sunday either, but that doesn't mean he was a bad pick.  Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, Julio Jones, KJ Wright, none of those guys are playing this Sunday.  But they were all good draft picks.  It's a team game.

38 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I seem to remember this place was pretty dang happy with the Chapman pick, considering his injury dropped him much further than he was projected to go.  I say that with the information that was available at the time, there's nothing wrong with that pick. IMO.

Chucks 800 lb immovable gorilla right?
 He may not have been healthy, maybe he ate his way out of the NFL, the wrong kind of Hunger, IDK, but i don`t believe he was on an NFL roster last season.
  I liked the pick too and championed him more than most. Then again i didn`t have the info the professionals get. I hope Josh is well and gets back in the game if that is his desire.

In the fifth round that was a pretty good pick.  Because he did not play out to be great and had injuries does not make this a bad pick.  And I believe not many people had Josh Norman as a can't miss talent that we just passed on.  Some people just do well no matter where they are drafted or if they are at all.  Terrible argument!

It actually goes a lot farther than this LOL. If you wanna get into the whole hindsight thingy. Ok so for starters off the top of my head, we could have Justin Houston, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Malik Jackson, Brandon Williams, Buster Skrine, Tayshaun Gibson, KJ Wright, Novorro Bowman, Joel Bitonio, Travis Fredrick, Jimmy Graham, Thomas Rawls, and Rob Havenstein this year instead of Smith. Wow. What an offensive line, and what a defense. LOL. We'd be almost unbeatable.

Yes,  Josh Chapman was not on an NFL roster last year.

We cut him,  and none of the other 31 teams in the NFL were interested.

It appears he ate his way out of football.     We're 0 for two on those two Alabama guys.

But as for the pick,  there was nothing wrong with it.    Chapman was the guy to take then and there.    There was no way to know what he'd turn into at that time.   

We're all genius's with 20/20 hindsight..............

Just sayin..........