Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning HGH Accusation - Update

grmasterb

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is when the NFL can get the most publicity for its investigation too, much like when it did so vs Brady prior to the SB. It is too identical. 

The NFL, I believe, messed up its case vs Brady. They see this opportunity vs Peyton as another chance to get a marquee QB under the microscope and do the technicalities right. We will see what happens. Too early to speculate. Well then, there is always a Minnesota judge or even the NY judge now to stick it to the NFL league office, lol :)

There is absolutely no way they can ever prove he took it even if he did. He never tested positive for it. He can just keep denying it and at that point what can anyone do? Unless someone seen him actually taking it, they have nothing.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, bababooey said:

Lets be real here as much as we want to not believe it. It sucks if it's true which it very possibly is but if he had a broken neck and his career was over what else could he have done?

HGH is a women's health aid...They advertise it on TV..

I don't understand why people assume that HGH sent to to Peyton's wife wasn't sent to his wife...

23 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Did any of you take the time to read the complete article in the link above...???

There is absolutely nothing to worry about.   It is all spelled out there.  Sly made false allegations, and admitted to manufacturing these claims to bolster his own appearance.

Listen to Mrs. Mis!

Not sure about the legitimacy of this story, but Bomani Jones was talking about the story on his show tonight.  Sounds like it happened and if it did the way it supposedly did, I have lost a lot of respect for Manning.  

Sly says the investigators were "great guys" and not there to intimidate.  He also said he just dropped the names he did to impress a potential client.  Maybe he was scared into doing this, probably legally, as client/doctor confidentiality makes it very illegal to talk about other patients.   

I do think it was odd that his parents would order their daughter to call 911.  Even more strange is one of Manning's guys claimed to be a law officer, but wouldn't provide a badge.  At the very least, if a man is claiming be a law officer, he is probably trying to overstep his bounds and if the family didn't feel threatened why call 911?  

Here's a link to the 911 call:

http://deadspin.com/here-is-the-911-call-made-from-charles-slys-home-when-p-1757319833

8 hours ago, Corndog said:

Not sure about the legitimacy of this story, but Bomani Jones was talking about the story on his show tonight.  Sounds like it happened and if it did the way it supposedly did, I have lost a lot of respect for Manning.  

Sly says the investigators were "great guys" and not there to intimidate.  He also said he just dropped the names he did to impress a potential client.  Maybe he was scared into doing this, probably legally, as client/doctor confidentiality makes it very illegal to talk about other patients.   

I do think it was odd that his parents would order their daughter to call 911.  Even more strange is one of Manning's guys claimed to be a law officer, but wouldn't provide a badge.  At the very least, if a man is claiming be a law officer, he is probably trying to overstep his bounds and if the family didn't feel threatened why call 911?  

Here's a link to the 911 call:

http://deadspin.com/here-is-the-911-call-made-from-charles-slys-home-when-p-1757319833

But Corn;

Here is a guy who attacked you....defamed you..

...invaded your wife's privacy and didn't know you. never met you.

Sly put everyone at risk.......for financial gain....several athletes.....not just Peyton

If you are Manning, you have to know why this guy you never met came at you this way.

Sly, by his own admission, is a con man....

......and the sports media is showing willful ignorance by ignoring the fact that women use HGH.

...and continuing to call it the 'Peyton Manning HGH allegations'

9 hours ago, wig said:

To think that there is no way he did it is. . . not smart. People think they know him. They don't. Same people that think Mathis was just trying to get his wife pregnant. 

'Did it?  Did what?  He has not been accused of anything.  What if he was a broadcaster....? Would the same speculation be valid...? To suspect someone because of somethings sent to aid to his WIFE..........assuming it was sent to him.........because it makes a better football story.......is smart...?.

Treat Peyton like anyone else.  Al Jazeera NEVER said Peyton used HGH..and he has never tested positive. There is no evidence (drug tests)  at all that he did and no one says he did. they just included his wife's delivery in a story about doping athletes. Its all speculation based on something sent to his wife..and that's what especially bothers me...

I don't really understand why HGH, human growth hormones..are used by women after pregnancy.

I don't know what it does for them....but anyone who took 30 seconds to look it up knows that it is used

Its advertised on TV. To blow up the fact that HGH was sent to her nationwide..invading her privacy and casting shade on her husband as an illegal (in a football sense) drug user is a 'double whammy' on them dropped by a guy who doesnt know them personally, apparently had nothing against them....he was just talking.

Manning isn't Mathis but we lump them because they play football?..

Its not smart at all to look at 2 football players and because one of them did something,.accuse another of the same thing with the strongest link being, well, they're both football players.  That's very lazy thinking.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

'Did it?  Did what?  He has not been accused of anything.  What if he was a broadcaster....? Would the same speculation be valid...? To suspect someone because of somethings sent to aid to his WIFE..........assuming it was sent to him.........because it makes a better football story.......is smart...?.

Treat Peyton like anyone else.  Al Jazeera NEVER said Peyton used HGH..and he has never tested positive. There is no evidence (drug tests)  at all that he did and no one says he did. they just included his wife's delivery in a story about doping athletes. Its all speculation based on something sent to his wife..and that's what especially bothers me...

I don't really understand why HGH, human growth hormones..are used by women after pregnancy.

I don't know what it does for them....but anyone who took 30 seconds to look it up knows that it is used

Its advertised on TV. To blow up the fact that HGH was sent to her nationwide..invading her privacy and casting shade on her husband as an illegal (in a football sense) drug user is a 'double whammy' on them dropped by a guy who doesnt know them personally, apparently had nothing against them....he was just talking.

Manning isn't Mathis but we lump them because they play football?..

Its not smart at all to look at 2 football players and because one of them did something,.accuse another of the same thing with the strongest link being, well, they're both football players.  That's very lazy thinking.

That's great and all, but I never said he definitely did it. I don't know if he did it. And neither do you. That's my point. 

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he did. He's as competitive as they come and was coming off major surgery in his late 30s. Everyone was shocked at his recovery. And if he did do it, HGH assisted him in a SB run which is WHY he would. 

8 minutes ago, wig said:

That's great and all, but I never said he definitely did it. I don't know if he did it. And neither do you. That's my point. 

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he did. He's as competitive as they come and was coming off major surgery in his late 30s. Everyone was shocked at his recovery. And if he did do it, HGH assisted him in a SB run which is WHY he would. 

'it' again....

.The question still stands: :  'What is 'it?"   What exactly are you saying it is you don't know for sure that he did or didn't do?  What is the 'it' and what it is based one other than something that wasnt sent to him?

Al Jazeera never accused him of anything....they just said HGH was sent to his wife.

HGH would not help Peyton regenerate his nerve damage..which was his problem in 2011  as we talked abut here endlessly. HGH could not help the post-surgery problem Peyton had.

So if you then accept that HGH use by women is not rare, what is the reason to speculate that something sent to Mrs. Manning was not sent to Mrs. Manning?.

What is 'it'?

Going to weigh in here for a second.

Do I think it's "possible" that he took  HGH...??   yes, it's possible.  Anything's possible.

I also think it's the general consensus of anyone thinking that he might have taken it  would be because he was trying to heal from 4 neck surgeries.

Do I think that it's "possible" that whatever medication was sent to Ashley, was actually for Ashley..??

ABSOLUTELY.

Do I think part of the reason that Peyton was so angry and hired investigators to get to the bottom of it quickly was to protect his wife's medical privacy....??

ABSOLUTELY.

In the end,  Do I honestly think Peyton did anything wrong...??

ABSOLUTELY NOT.    JMO.

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

'it' again....

.The question still stands: :  'What is 'it?"   What exactly are you saying it is you don't know for sure that he did or didn't do?  What is the 'it' and what it is based one other than something that wasnt sent to him?

Al Jazeera never accused him of anything....they just said HGH was sent to his wife.

HGH would not help Peyton regenerate his nerve damage..which was his problem in 2011  as we talked abut here endlessly. HGH could not help the post-surgery problem Peyton had.

So if you then accept that HGH use by women is not rare, what is the reason to speculate that something sent to Mrs. Manning was not sent to Mrs. Manning?.

What is 'it'?

Stop being daft, you know what "it" is and I just said that I wasn't authoritatively saying he didn't or didn't use HGH.  You have your little internal fairy tale about Peyton and this is a useless discussion I won't continue to participate in.

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Going to weigh in here for a second.

Do I think it's "possible" that he took  HGH...??   yes, it's possible.  Anything's possible.

I also think it's the general consensus of anyone thinking that he might have taken it  would be because he was trying to heal from 4 neck surgeries.

Do I think that it's "possible" that whatever medication was sent to Ashley, was actually for Ashley..??

ABSOLUTELY.

Do I think part of the reason that Peyton was so angry and hired investigators to get to the bottom of it quickly was to protect his wife's medical privacy....??

ABSOLUTELY.

Exactly, Mrs Mis.... What makes sense?

You can always claim that any person needs to prove conclusively that he didnt do what you suspect (even if the charge isn't logical to the issue)  and that you don't accept his denials and no one knows for sure.

..and, Wig,   if you never state what 'it' is and how it pertains to this case...there is now where to go.

HGH would not help Peyton's 2011 problem....it wasn't a matter of him not working out hard enough or often enough to recover. It was nerve damage. So what is the 'it' ....he's being accused of?

The best thing anyone can do without any specific (or non specific) proof or real world logical train of thought on this issue is to not participate in the discussion further.

That's probably a good choice on your part.

12 hours ago, wig said:

To think that there is no way he did it is. . . not smart. People think they know him. They don't. Same people that think Mathis was just trying to get his wife pregnant. 

You don't know Manning any better than anyone else so who you calling not smart? Just because you think you know doesn't change the facts you are no smarter than anyone else.

24 minutes ago, wig said:

Stop being daft, you know what "it" is and I just said that I wasn't authoritatively saying he didn't or didn't use HGH.  You have your little internal fairy tale about Peyton and this is a useless discussion I won't continue to participate in.

The fairy tale is you thinking you know any different.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You don't know Manning any better than anyone else so who you calling not smart? Just because you think you know doesn't change the facts you are no smarter than anyone else.

You guys are pathetic.  My entire point is that I don't know.  

Only a guy like Peyton Manning & his values could take down a network single-handedly. Al Jazeera America is going down because of their decision to sway viewers into false pretense that Manning MAY have taken HGH. No verbal proof. No witnesses. No evidence. Only speculation & conjecture. IMO, a shear crock of innuendos & muck for ratings. Hope they lose their shirts.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

But there's no logic to the non-specific accusation...is my entire point...

..and by the way, Wig, welcome back to the discussion

I was saying I wouldn't discuss it with you.  Now CC1 is in the same boat.  No point to it.

51 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I think this whole thing is a complete joke manning would never do that.

This whole implication of Manning taking HGH is ludicrous. UNLESS ... I see 100% hard concrete undisputable evidence to the contrary. Then and only then does it hold any kind of weight whatsoever. Ruination of anyone's career, albeit Peyton Manning, you better have T-Rex teeth to it. I haven't even seen a baby tooth develop yet. Knowing Manning, it'll stay that way.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

But Corn;

Here is a guy who attacked you....defamed you..

...invaded your wife's privacy and didn't know you. never met you.

Sly put everyone at risk.......for financial gain....several athletes.....not just Peyton

If you are Manning, you have to know why this guy you never met came at you this way.

Sly, by his own admission, is a con man....

......and the sports media is showing willful ignorance by ignoring the fact that women use HGH.

...and continuing to call it the 'Peyton Manning HGH allegations'

When the story first broke, the media actually heavily sided with Manning.  After Sly recanted his statements, it pretty much became a dead story.  Also, most of the media and NFL fanbase didn't even care if Manning used HGH because he had career threatening injuries that he came back from.  

If this ends up being what it sounds like, Manning sending "investigators" acting as muscle to Sly's parents house it really makes things sound bad.  It makes it seem like Manning is using force to make Sly recant his statements, it makes Manning look guilty.  Certainly not the right way to handle it.  Manning is a very wealthy man, who I am sure has a top notch legal team.  A call from his lawyers to Sly, or a meeting set up by his legal team with Sly, would have the been the correct way to handle this.  If Sly wasn't willing to meet, Manning could certainly bring the issue to court.  

At the end of the day, we will have to wait until the full story comes out to really know what happened.  But it does seem like a lot of people don't want to accept this either way.  It's hard to accept that your heroes could be guilty of wrong doing.  Just the way this story was presented, Manning was innocent before proven guilty.  Brady was guilty before being proved innocent(which he never was, just a fumbled case).  

I do think it's hypocritical for us as fans to call out the Patriots fans about Brady, but when Manning gets accused of wrong doing there is no chance. 

Actually...

The AL Jazeera news agency is now defunct. Went bankrupt shortly after this made up crap was posted. They did this for ratings to try to save their skins. Not to mention they are the number one leader in sponsoring news agencies for terror organizations around the world. 

Investigation will turn up nothing. The league cannot do anything to learn what was sent to Ashley Manning and to be frank, the violations in HIPPA involved in this already will make it easy for the Mannings to sue Sly, the news reporter, the agency and the clinic itself.

On February 6, 2016 at 10:21 PM, wig said:

Same people that think Mathis was just trying to get his wife pregnant. 

Well, his wife did get pregnant and his doctor was willing to make a deposition that is why he prescribed HCG.  That said, Mathis should have received permission from the league first.

On February 6, 2016 at 0:29 PM, Corndog said:

If this ends up being what it sounds like, Manning sending "investigators" acting as muscle to Sly's parents house it really makes things sound bad.  It makes it seem like Manning is using force to make Sly recant his statements, it makes Manning look guilty.  Certainly not the right way to handle it. 

I do think it's hypocritical for us as fans to call out the Patriots fans about Brady, but when Manning gets accused of wrong doing there is no chance. 

In regards to the first part, I don't know how you come away with that impression after reading the statements by Sly's parents.

The second part I agree with.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Actually...

The AL Jazeera news agency is now defunct. Went bankrupt shortly after this made up crap was posted. They did this for ratings to try to save their skins. Not to mention they are the number one leader in sponsoring news agencies for terror organizations around the world. 

Investigation will turn up nothing. The league cannot do anything to learn what was sent to Ashley Manning and to be frank, the violations in HIPPA involved in this already will make it easy for the Mannings to sue Sly, the news reporter, the agency and the clinic itself.

Al Jazeera is alive and well. It's only shutting down its U.S. network.

5 hours ago, Cynjin said:

In regards to the first part, I don't know how you come away with that impression after reading the statements by Sly's parents.

The second part I agree with.

I haven't read their statement's, but as I said in my post, the more we find out after the investigation will give us a better idea of what happened.  Right now, there really isn't too many facts and we don't know if this story will get bigger or if it becomes a dead end like many expect. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:32 AM, ColtRider said:

This whole implication of Manning taking HGH is ludicrous. UNLESS ... I see 100% hard concrete undisputable evidence to the contrary. Then and only then does it hold any kind of weight whatsoever. Ruination of anyone's career, albeit Peyton Manning, you better have T-Rex teeth to it. I haven't even seen a baby tooth develop yet. Knowing Manning, it'll stay that way.

Agreed also I don't know what all the crap is about with this and why it matters because even if he did take it he sat out that season anyway.

Even if by some crazy reason this was true, am I  the only one who doesn't care? If he took  something that helped his neck, who gives a flying leap? I'm sure if I had some bad injury or health issue and I could take something that could help me heal up faster (assuming it wouldn't hurt my health otherwise) I'd do it in 2 seconds. What's the problem with that? Big whoop.

17 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Well, his wife did get pregnant and his doctor was willing to make a deposition that is why he prescribed HCG.  That said, Mathis should have received permission from the league first.

If you think that Mathis only took it to get his wife pregnant and he just so happened to have his best season by far in his 30's then I have a bridge to sell you.

3 minutes ago, wig said:

If you think that Mathis only took it to get his wife pregnant and he just so happened to have his best season by far in his 30's then I have a bridge to sell you.

He was tested in the following offseason sooo.....

I believe him 100%. His mother was sick/dying. He was having problems getting his wife pregnant, took Clomid, got his wife pregnant and his mother was able to meet the baby. He ended up getting injured and missing the entire year anyway.

19 minutes ago, wig said:

did you realize he switched positions to rush linebacker that year too ?  before that the pass rushing schemes were designed for freeney, while mathis played clean up

he was always good at chasing down QBs from behind, that was the first year that he was coming from their blind side