Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manziel reportedly threatened to kill his GF

RockThatBlue

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The kid just doesn't get it and looks like he never will. He has a serious drinking problem which leads to stuff like this, the drinking problem is well noted. If you cant hold your liquor don't drink.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The kid just doesn't get it and looks like he never will. He has a serious drinking problem which leads to stuff like this, the drinking problem is well noted. If you cant hold your liquor don't drink.

There's people who think he does more than just drink too. He has serious issues. If any of this is true his NFL career might be finished. 

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

There's people who think he does more than just drink too. He has serious issues. If any of this is true his NFL career might be finished. 

Yeah you really never know what to believe because the media reports all kinds of stuff but I can believe this because of his drinking. He is living off of his College greatness but that is coming to a close. He stinks as a Pro! I look at him and RG3 (RG3's injuries and attitude) and think how lucky are we to have a QB like Andrew.

Wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself before the end of the year. Heavy drinker + life falling a part in the public spotlight. Never a good combination. Good kid, but letting the alcohol take control of his life. Gotta take it back before it's too late. 

Johnny doesn't stink. Played well considering the circumstances. Limited reps with the 1st team and having your coach not wanting you to succeed. 

9 minutes ago, Solon said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself before the end of the year. Heavy drinker + life falling a part in the public spotlight. Never a good combination. Good kid, but letting the alcohol take control of his life. Gotta take it back before it's too late. 

Johnny doesn't stink. Played well considering the circumstances. Limited reps with the 1st team and having your coach not wanting you to succeed. 

I just wonder where the heck is his family at? If I had a family member acting like this I would try to get them help ASAP. But with how he acts maybe his family doesn't care for him either (wouldn't blame them) all I know is someone better step in or he is gonna kill himself. 

22 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I just wonder where the heck is his family at? If I had a family member acting like this I would try to get them help ASAP. But with how he acts maybe his family doesn't care for him either (wouldn't blame them) all I know is someone better step in or he is gonna kill himself. 

They are part of the Problem silverspoon syndrome , thinks hes better and above the law. Hard telling what they have bailed him out of before now.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

They are part of the Problem silverspoon syndrome , thinks hes better and above the law. Hard telling what they have bailed him out of before now.

Good point. Probably been this way his entire life. Would be interesting to hear of the things he pulled at Texas A&M. Hard to believe he acted like an angle there.

Kid clearly is begging for help  I mean I'm only 21 myself lol but c'mon help him out he's struggling with the publicity and drinking. Dez had a similar problem and the Cowboys did everything to turn him around now he's more professional doesn't do all that stuff anymore..Browns are saying a lot but I don't see them trying to help out 

12 hours ago, Solon said:

Johnny always got by via succeeding on broken garbage plays.  Even the few successful plays in the NFL were mainly broken plays.  He has demonstrated no ability to comprehend and deliver a quick decision-making type of offense, like what populates the NFL.  Manziel has done it no better than any other college QB.

Having said that, losing your job because of a reported crime is simply unfair.  But I assume he will be losing his job for other reasons.

21 minutes ago, ruksak said:

Because sometimes cops can tell when an ex is just trying to even the score. 

Huh? She had bruises on her face. If anything this is a Janay Rice situation who doesn't want the money to stop coming and/or still loves the guy when he's not an alcoholic *.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

He's an alcoholic woman beater, what a shame. Tried to coast on a couple good years in college and now his life is over. He will be on Broke part 2 and he didn't have that much to begin with. 

His parent are oil tycoons, I doubt he'll ever be hurting for money.

browns-35.png  Browns | Johnny Manziel's family worried    Fri Feb 5, 12:28 PM

Cleveland Browns QB Johnny Manziel's father, Paul Manziel, said Johnny has twice declined to be admitted to area rehabilitation facilities in the last week. Paul Manziel said he's worried about his son's well being. 'I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday,' Manziel said.

Link to story

Ultimately, this has nothing to do with money or wealth, it has to do with parenting.  Just like so many young men today...rich, poor, whatever....... they reach the point in their life...late teens to early twenties.....where they know that they are supposed to have transitioned into manhood...being able to support themselves and maybe a future family...but have coasted through youth not acquiring the skills to do so.  That's when they lash out and become dangerous to others and themselves.  They know they stink at anything that would earn them a living, and they become quite the angry and devious young men.

Johnny knows that he stinks as an NFL QB because he knows he lacks the discipline and work ethic. And he is now realizing that the only way he will have success in the short-term is through the charity of others...in this case his rich parents.

A young man in his early 20's is supposed to be farther along than that.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Ultimately, this has nothing to do with money or wealth, it has to do with parenting.  Just like so many young men today...rich, poor, whatever....... they reach the point in their life...late teens to early twenties.....where they know that they are supposed to have transitioned into manhood...being able to support themselves and maybe a future family...but have coasted through youth not acquiring the skills to do so.  That's when they lash out and become dangerous to others and themselves.  They know they stink at anything that would earn them a living, and they become quite the angry and devious young men.

Johnny knows that he stinks as an NFL QB because he knows he lacks the discipline and work ethic. And he is now realizing that the only way he will have success in the short-term is through the charity of others...in this case his rich parents.

A young man in his early 20's is supposed to be farther along than that.

You struck the nerve here, DD. "Discipline!" The knowledge to understand what this word pertains to yourself, loved ones, friends, colleagues, co-workers, et.al. is what molds an individual. For if you cannot discipline yourself first, everything after that collapses in on itself.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This guy has it all, fame, money, almost any girl he wants, played QB in the NFL, even rich parents and he is depressed? About what? 99% of people would love to be in his position. This guy is throwing away everything.

Hard to say what his issue is. Could be anything from A-Z. Just goes to show that mega-wealth and privilege isn't the across the board ticket to happiness. Hope he gets the help he needs to overcome his demons, whatever that may be.

2 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Hard to say what his issue is. Could be anything from A-Z. Just goes to show that mega-wealth and privilege isn't the across the board ticket to happiness. Hope he gets the help he needs to overcome his demons, whatever that may be.

I just cant comprehend having what he has and being depressed. I know it happens to a lot of people but this kid has almost everything you could want.

19 hours ago, will426 said:

Kid clearly is begging for help  I mean I'm only 21 myself lol but c'mon help him out he's struggling with the publicity and drinking. Dez had a similar problem and the Cowboys did everything to turn him around now he's more professional doesn't do all that stuff anymore..Browns are saying a lot but I don't see them trying to help out 

From Spotrac.com: "Johnny Manziel signed a 4 year, $8,248,596 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $4,318,980 signing bonus, $7,998,596 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,062,149"...

If that's not enough help to get your act together then I don't know what is...

Just saying...

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This guy has it all, fame, money, almost any girl he wants, played QB in the NFL, even rich parents and he is depressed? About what? 99% of people would love to be in his position. This guy is throwing away everything.

That's not how depression works. It's a mental disorder, it's not being sad.

Sadly, if Johnny is spiraling out of control & refusing to hit rock bottom looking for anyone else to blame for his predicament but him, there isn't much his parents can do now. 

I used to find this tale of dysfunctional mildly amusing, but now I'm not laughing anymore. I just want this kid to see the light, have some sort of self awakening, & survive. Forget football Manziel sounds like he's playing Russian roulette with his life. I hope his parents can reach Johnny & make him crawl back to civilization before it's too late.  

15 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

From Spotrac.com: "Johnny Manziel signed a 4 year, $8,248,596 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $4,318,980 signing bonus, $7,998,596 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,062,149"...

Just saying...

Money solves nothing he needs mentors..like for someone to really intervene and steer him on the right course. You see plenty of players having older player who had similar situations help them out but here you see this kid and he's getting no help and if they are  helping  he needs a new scenery quick 

15 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Just saying...

There are some who would say money is the source of their problems.  To most of us, it's simply a tool. But others, the whole "love of money is the root of all evil" really takes hold.

3 hours ago, will426 said:

Money solves nothing he needs mentors..like for someone to really intervene and steer him on the right course. You see plenty of players having older player who had similar situations help them out but here you see this kid and he's getting no help and if they are  helping  he needs a new scenery quick 

Right, $ doesnt solve anything, except for all the things that it does solve...

If trying to be the best QB he can be, and $ arent motivation enough, nothing will be...

Cant help those who dont want to he helped...

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

There are some who would say money is the source of their problems.  To most of us, it's simply a tool. But others, the whole "love of money is the root of all evil" really takes hold.

Yeah, i was sorta tongue & cheekin it there, throwin up his contract...

Someone said Cleveland wasnt helping him enough, or not giving him the support he needs, but i would argue that from an employers standpoint a cool 7 mill guaranteed should be ample support to get your act together...

If hitting a woman is NOT the definition of punk what is? Why don't punks like Manziel and Rice throw their big bad punches at men? Worse fact is they hit them when they are sober as well as when they are stoned. At least if a snake is stoned he can slither up the excuse he did not know what he was doing. These guys pump iron so they  can be relatively sure their women won't beat them in a one on one.

11 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Yeah, i was sorta tongue & cheekin it there, throwin up his contract...

Someone said Cleveland wasnt helping him enough, or not giving him the support he needs, but i would argue that from an employers standpoint a cool 7 mill guaranteed should be ample support to get your act together...

And they are trying to help beyond that ..it's still on manziel...he is tossing his life away....