Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+6) at Carolina (2-7-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Solon said:

Carolina's never going to win a championship. They lack heart. Got smacked in the face and basically gave up on the game. 

I thought Cam reverted back to the tempermental  guy he was 2 or 3 years ago..

..when the going got tough...he seemed to pout.

...I think that's going to be talked about a lot in the days to come

3 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Also, Patriots fans going "AT LEAST PEYTON DID NOTHING"

But according to them Tom Brady and his 130 yards in SB36 was the sole reason they won that game...

hypocrites man another thing to add is when they played in the championship game Manning won more

All I know is....

"THIS ONE'S....FOR PEYTON!"

I've said all year Denver will go as far as that D can take them, because the offense is dreadful outside of Sanders. Apparently that's all the way to the Lombardi! That's an amazing feat for that team...most notably the entire defense.

Defense.

Wins.

Championships. Or at least they're the biggest contributer most of the time.

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Wow. How quick this turned to a celebratory occassion for Peyon on the forum to cutting Cam down.....All because he went up against one of the best defenses in the league. He had a bad game, It happens.

Imagine what would have been said here about Peyton had Carolina won

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Wow. How quick this turned to a celebratory occassion for Peyon on the forum to cutting Cam down.....All because he went up against one of the best defenses in the league. He had a bad game, It happens.

He is over rated anyway.... he shouldn't have won OPOY either, MVP imudnerstand, but OPOY? Those AP writers were drunk.

23 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

But in such a circumstance, do you really think the Broncos would block him from retiring as a Colt?

i think they would.  elway doesn't care about irsay or colts fans

he might entertain the thought as a favor to peyton, but i doubt he would take action to make him a colt again

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not even close to the over under.   But it's my second favorite superbowl ever.  That defense was among the best to ever play in that game.    I love peyton manning.    I'm so happy for him

I was totally wrong on how the game would go...

I thought Carolina would score at least 3 TDs

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I just feel a sense of peace right now, and it feels good.

Yes. I have to tip my hat to you and so many positive posters out here who kept cheering for Peyton despite all the negativity around him. I am happy for him as well. 

I knew CAR had a good defense. I knew DEN had a GREAT defense and could make it a game, but I didn't think DEN would dominate CAR's offense for 4 quarters. They did the same thing against NE, too.

CAR is the more balanced team. Good offense, good defense. I thought they'd win.   The more you think about it, DEN's offense is so bad it doesn't really matter how good the other's team defense is because DEN's O makes opposing D's look like the 85 Bears every week. It's all on Denver's defense. Pretty damn amazing what they did this season. Carried that team HARD for 19 games. (Aside from the GB one where the offense did something.)

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He won his final game in the Super Bowl...just like John Elway...who convinced him  to come to Denver.

It is all so improbable and yet, it just happened

No it didn't. You just wish it did. 

Even if it did, why is that improbable? 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He won his final game in the Super Bowl...just like John Elway...who convinced him  to come to Denver.

It is all so improbable and yet, it just happened

What makes you think it is his final game? After a month and some doctor checkups, I think if Elway says come on back and we will keep this team together, he would do it. Who is going to beat them in the AFC? I think he will play one more year just to show that he is not done when injury free. His all pro left tackle is going to be back too.

4 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Now, it's our turn Indianapolis. Let's go get that elusive great defense to go with Andrew Luck!

I like your wishful thinking, but keeping Pagano and his  "monster" isn't the best start. At this point I'd be grateful for an O-line that doesn't get Luck early retirement.

Just now, Live and let live said:

What makes you think it is his final game? After a month and some doctor checkups, I think if Elway says come on back and we will keep this team together, he would do it. Who is going to beat them in the AFC? I think he will play one more year just to show that he is not done when injury free. His all pro left tackle is going to be back too.

I love your spirit L & L....I want Peyton to keep playing

..but it wont be in Denver.....they have to sign Brock or Peyton...there;s no money for both

With that defense even if Ware goes, DEN can repeat with any game manager under center.

The defense will be close to as good next year if not the same. DEN's offense can only improve, because they're abysmal.

I'd start by cutting Droparyius Thomas. All that money vanishes in big games.

1 minute ago, Live and let live said:

That wasn't a tantrum. He was just responding to a bad break on the field. Don't try to make something out of nothing.

You missed the crying to the ref for a "personal foul" near the end of the game that wasn't a personal foul.

Neither was the one where he ran and got blasted, but was given a 15 yard gift for a "late hit" BEFORE HIS KNEE WAS DOWN.

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

With that defense even if Ware goes, DEN can repeat with any game manager under center.

The defense will be close to as good next year if not the same. DEN's offense can only improve, because they're abysmal.

I'd start by cutting Droparyius Thomas.

DT was dominated by Norman, wasn't he?