Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ticket Prices Going Up

crazyrob

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Feels like it's time for my annual advice....

When buying seats to a football game,  try and sit middle to high rather than middle to low. 

The lower you go the less perspective you get.    The players blend into one another.

But the higher you go you see the field as a chess board.     Suddenly the game will become much clearer.

You will see open spots in the defense much sooner than others, and when the ball is snapped and everyone is now moving around,  things will become much more obvious much quicker.

You'll find yourself yelling "He's OPEN!!'   before many others even realize that.

It's a whole new ballgame.     

Buy middle-high,  you'll never regret it!

Spot on with every item. Well done! 

2 hours ago, Timo1 said:

Nope the Colts don't change PSLs. I think the was one of the things Irsay wanted to avoid when Lucas Oil was built. 

I had season tickets in 2013 and 2014. I gave them up because all the extras were to much. Hotel room $100-$200 a night, gas to get to and from Indy $50-$75, going out to eat and drink the night before the game $100-$150, and Drinks and eats at the game $50-$75. With a 4.5hr drive each way I thought let's wait a few years and get them again. 

Ah, another adventurous soul. We used to go to 1 or 2 games a season plus a playoff game. Last year we got season tickets. Now we go to 1 game a month plus playoffs (well, no playoffs this year). We're a 9 hour one-way trip away so we make a long weekend out of it. It does get pricey, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

Ah, another adventurous soul. We used to go to 1 or 2 games a season plus a playoff game. Last year we got season tickets. Now we go to 1 game a month plus playoffs (well, no playoffs this year). We're a 9 hour one-way trip away so we make a long weekend out of it. It does get pricey, that's for sure. 

During the Manning years I was able have season tickets and sell about half of them on StubHub and pretty much go for free because of the profit I could make on the ones I sold.  

2 hours ago, peytonmanning18 said:

During the Manning years I was able have season tickets and sell about half of them on StubHub and pretty much go for free because of the profit I could make on the ones I sold.  

That's what we do, although happy to break even on the ones we sell. The tickets that are in big demand, like Patriots and Broncos, we go to. 

7 hours ago, bababooey said:

Secondary market can be funny around here. If you want to see NYG vs WAS on a Thursday night you're in the stadium for 70 bucks. If you want to see NYG vs NYJ you're in the parking lot for 90 and the building for 170.

I got tickets the last time the Colts played the Jets in New Jersey.  I think it was during Luck's first season.  Two tickets with parking included for about $120.  I thought that was pretty good.  They were decent seats too.  Six or seven rows up from field level in the corner of one of the end zones.

7 hours ago, bababooey said:

I splurge more on concerts in the summer.

I definitely go to more concerts than sporting events, but I mostly see local bands so the cost per show is quite a bit lower.  Sporting events are my splurging events.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To drive 4.5 hours to see a game is bigtime! I traveled once to the Colts on the road and that was at Chicago in 2004 when Peyton had his 49 TD season. Colts smoked them but even that was only a 2.5 hour drive.

I drove to Washington D.C. to see the Colts the last time they visited the Redskins.  That's about a 4-hour drive one way for me.  It was a Sunday-night game so I got up Sunday morning, drove to D.C., spent the afternoon going to monuments and museums, grabbed some dinner, went to the game, drove home that night, and then got up and went to work Monday morning.  I was soooooo out of it at work that day.  I was barely even functional.

6 hours ago, Jim H. said:

I bought a club seat (didn't even realize that's what it was, LOL) for the Colts-Jets playoff game (Peyton's last as a Colt).

Thinking about that game still makes me sick to my stomach.  I hate that Manning's career in Indy ended with such bumbling incompetence.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's sort of off topic but what is the best game you guys have ever attended? Mine was the 2009 Patriots game here at LOS when we won 35-34.

They always lose when I go to games.  :(  I think the best game that I ever attended was my first and the only game that I have ever been to in Indy.  It was the 2007 Colts/Pats game the year that the Pats went 18-1 and both teams were undefeated going into the game.  When the Colts got the ball back with the lead and six minutes left to play, I really thought they were going to close it out and win.  Kind of sad that my best game was a loss.  :(

5 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Yea, truth be told, we contemplated leaving, because A. the game was bad, and B there was a blizzard coming in the next morning and our departing flight back to NY kept getting cancelled, we were going to try to go to the Airport to get on any flight we could.

I went to the Colts/Pats game in Foxboro the year that Manning was injured with Dan Orlovsky at QB.  The Pats stomped them early and built a big lead and then Belichick started experimenting with playing one of his wide receivers at cornerback.  The Colts made a comeback and pulled within one score.  Most of the people in the stadium left once the game got out of hand, though, so it was practically empty while the Colts were making their comeback.  They tried for an onside kick at the end and didn't get it.  Had they been able to recover it, there is a decent chance that I would have been watching overtime in a nearly empty stadium.

10 minutes ago, ColtStronger said:

Stubhub and Vivid seats are the way to go anyway...  Just check prices at gametime :)  Your welcome!

Ha thank you for the advice. My problem is I don't live in NYC. I'm a 50 minute train ride from grand central and that's not including time after work to park and catch the train, as well as make it from grand central to MSG and up to my seat for a 7 pm start time. Yankee games are easier because the train ride is shorter and arrives right at the stadium or I can drive 35 minutes straight there. The train leaves like 20 min after the game at Yankee Stadium but if I go to MSG I'm tied to the grand central train schedule. I usually buy closer to the game for baseball but I haven't been since I spent a ton of money and went to Jeter's last home game (the walkoff).

As a Colt fan in  NY since the early 70's, I now see them via NFL Sunday ticket for the last 12 seasons.- Every year I have to call Directv to chew down their price increases as well. I did have the pleasure of finally seeing them in Indy in 2014 as part of road trip from NY with an old time Oiler/Titan buddy. That was my 1st NFL game ever. I don't see them in NY as the prices are very high and would be crushed by NY Jet/Giant boozed up fans.The Indy fans and whole game day atmosphere were great!

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the greatest game ever played here. You win!

Indeed it was, but as one who's attended a ton of games (STH since 2004; have attended games since 1996, including road games), I've been privileged to witness live some great games:

1. 1999 Colts v. Cowboys on Halloween -- Hunter Smith tackles Deion Sanders; Marvin later burns Sanders for deep TD. Colts win.

2. 2004 - Manning-to-Stokely for 49th TD.

3. 2009 - Colts v. Pats 4th and 2.

4. 2009 AFC Championship Game.

5. 2011 - Orlovsky's pass to Reggie for comeback win that caused Texans to lose the bye.

6. 2012 - Comeback from down 18 to defeat Green Bay.

7. 2012 - Colts win on last play of game at Detroit.

8. 2013 - Wildcard game comeback over KC.

There's many more, of course.

We should also discuss the painful losses we've witnessed live. I'm still not over the 2005 divisional loss to Pittsburgh. 

7 minutes ago, grmasterb said:

Indeed it was, but as one who's attended a ton of games (STH since 2004; have attended games since 1996, including road games), I've been privileged to witness live some great games:

1. 1999 Colts v. Cowboys on Halloween -- Hunter Smith tackles Deion Sanders; Marvin later burns Sanders for deep TD. Colts win.

2. 2004 - Manning-to-Stokely for 49th TD.

3. 2009 - Colts v. Pats 4th and 2.

4. 2009 AFC Championship Game.

5. 2011 - Orlovsky's pass to Reggie for comeback win that caused Texans to lose the bye.

6. 2012 - Comeback from down 18 to defeat Green Bay.

7. 2012 - Colts win on last play of game at Detroit.

8. 2013 - Wildcard game comeback over KC.

There's many more, of course.

We should also discuss the painful losses we've witnessed live. I'm still not over the 2005 divisional loss to Pittsburgh. 

I was also at the 2009 Patriots game and 1999 Cowboys game haha Couldve seen you there and wouldn't even of known it. Other great games I also have attended are the Jets in 2000, Texans in 2013 - that was my first Andrew game, my first LOS game was 2008 vs the Texans as well.

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

As a Colt fan in  NY since the early 70's, I now see them via NFL Sunday ticket for the last 12 seasons.- Every year I have to call Directv to chew down their price increases as well. I did have the pleasure of finally seeing them in Indy in 2014 as part of road trip from NY with an old time Oiler/Titan buddy. That was my 1st NFL game ever. I don't see them in NY as the prices are very high and would be crushed by NY Jet/Giant boozed up fans.The Indy fans and whole game day atmosphere were great!

Giants fans are more mature....Jets fans are insane....

I also went to Indy in 2014 for the first time ever, to see us blank the Bengals. Sat in the last row in the entire stadium (600 section), had to stand up and bend over to see what was going on. Amazing time, amazing fans. Beautiful weather and stadium.

19 hours ago, ar1888 said:

My season tickets have gone from $40.00 per game back in 2004, to $99.00 per game. Want to charge me $99 per game, fine. Quit making me pay full price for preseason games.

I think where it's heading is the preseason games are cheaper but they make up the cost in the regular season games that get more expensive. You can't even sell a Giants/Jets preseason game in NY I don't know how tough it would be out there.

5 hours ago, bababooey said:

I think where it's heading is the preseason games are cheaper but they make up the cost in the regular season games that get more expensive. You can't even sell a Giants/Jets preseason game in NY I don't know how tough it would be out there.

I have roughly $800 per season in preseason tickets that are almost impossible to give away. 

On 2/2/2016 at 2:35 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Even with the price increase Colt tickets are still below the NFL average. As long as there is a waiting list for season tickets they will continue to rise. It's been a very long time since the average Joe can afford tickets. The average Joe cant compete with corporate prices that are written off as business expenses.

Had I won that billion dollar lottery, I'd bought them all just to have the stadium to myself hahaha 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:05 AM, bababooey said:

Ha thank you for the advice. My problem is I don't live in NYC. I'm a 50 minute train ride from grand central and that's not including time after work to park and catch the train, as well as make it from grand central to MSG and up to my seat for a 7 pm start time. Yankee games are easier because the train ride is shorter and arrives right at the stadium or I can drive 35 minutes straight there. The train leaves like 20 min after the game at Yankee Stadium but if I go to MSG I'm tied to the grand central train schedule. I usually buy closer to the game for baseball but I haven't been since I spent a ton of money and went to Jeter's last home game (the walkoff).

I live 2 1/2 hours away from Indy, but you can still have a digital ticket scanned off your smart phone...  You  may not know where you will be sitting when you get to the stadium, but you're almost always guaranteed a ticket!