Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton's epic TD rec from Derek Carr.

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-bowl/0ap3000000630669/Carr-s-amazing-touchdown-called-back

Depending on who you ask, some people are saying it's the best play worth watching in the Pro Bowl (unless you like watching Sherman fool around), because it demonstrated the most skill. Derek Carr throws that ball like a rocket, and hits Hilton perfectly in-stride as he streaks past two defenders. I guess this got called back though, but whatever, it counts in my book.

And to think we wouldn't have seen this if Hilton hadn't been in the Pro Bowl like he originally wasn't supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sweet. Why was it called back?

No clue, I didn't watch the Pro Bowl. The penalty was a defensive penalty, but the video labels it as being called back, and another article writer said the same. The only conclusion I can arrive at is the NFL hates the Colts.

23 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

No clue, I didn't watch the Pro Bowl. The penalty was a defensive penalty, but the video labels it as being called back, and another article writer said the same. The only conclusion I can arrive at is the NFL hates the Colts.

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sweet. Why was it called back?

He didnt catch it. The ball hit the ground when he was falling.

1 hour ago, General_Hux said:

Hell of a catch!  Shame about the little bobble there though, but it's kinda funny that even in the Pro Bowl we have the "is it a catch" question coming up! 

The fact there is replay in and coaches challenges in the pro-bowl is kinda funny as well.

Nice toss, nice catch.  Too bad it didn't count.

Question: since the catch was reviewed and called a no-catch, can the offense then accept the

offside penalty even though it was originally declined in lieu of the TD?  My guess is that it can,

but just askin' (ain't much else to do in the off-season).

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

This is what kinda annoys me about sports. If a player does a cool celebration and generally likes to have a fun time, he automatically gets the "selfish" label

I think he is getting the "selfish label" because of his comments about Chud and the offense last year. Not because of his T.Y. Celebration. 

I'm not one who thinks he is selfish but that's what many are basing their stances off of though which I can somewhat understand. 

However many any players voiced their opinions about how bad and why the offense was so terrible. I just don't think some could hold their frustration in.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

An opinion is not a personal attack.

That reminds me of a story I heard once.  A basketball coach looks at an official and goes can you toss me for what I am thinking?  The official says no and the coach goes "I think you are bleep bleep bleep, etc.". So I do think you can attack someone with an opinion.  If someone is trying to attack another (and I am not one was or wasn't in this case) they can do it regardless of how it's presented.  

On 2/1/2016 at 4:46 AM, ReMeDy said:

That seems very unlike Hilton to do his TY touchdown pose after a dropped pass. It must have been a ticky tack call.

On 2/1/2016 at 8:06 AM, Combsey said:

They say he didnt maintain control but I think it was a catch. At least I didnt see enough to overturn the touchdown call 

Unfortunately Hilton lost control as he hit the ground and had to scoop it back in.  Rules state when going to the ground (whether contacted or not) full control must be maintained all throughout.  It wasn't as you see it on the ground as Hilton is sliding out of the End Zone here-

Hilton_DropTD_zpsaf79uovc.jpg

I don't think that T.Y is a "me" player. I feel as if he was frustrated with the coaching and lack of targets due to a lack luster offensive line once again. 

Not to mention the addition of Andre Johnson... kind of insulting.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:34 AM, ReMeDy said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-bowl/0ap3000000630669/Carr-s-amazing-touchdown-called-back

Depending on who you ask, some people are saying it's the best play worth watching in the Pro Bowl (unless you like watching Sherman fool around), because it demonstrated the most skill. Derek Carr throws that ball like a rocket, and hits Hilton perfectly in-stride as he streaks past two defenders. I guess this got called back though, but whatever, it counts in my book.

And to think we wouldn't have seen this if Hilton hadn't been in the Pro Bowl like he originally wasn't supposed to be.

Really....a thread for an incomplete pass? Worse it was in an exhibition game. I honestly don't get the point. I'm not trying to be rude but it was a drop...he didn't complete the catch...obviously you can see his speed on display and the arm and touch of Carr but Hilton didn't even catch the ball....so to me this was not even close to the best play of the pro bowl...if we use the criteria you are using in this thread then the "CATCH" by Aaron Bailey in the 96 AFC championship game was the greatest "catch" in Colt history imo then.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Really....a thread for an incomplete pass? Worse it was in an exhibition game. I honestly don't get the point. I'm not trying to be rude but it was a drop...he didn't complete the catch...obviously you can see his speed on display and the arm and touch of Carr but Hilton didn't even catch the ball....so to me this was not even close to the best play of the pro bowl...if we use the criteria you are using in this thread then the "CATCH" by Aaron Bailey in the 96 AFC championship game was the greatest "catch" in Colt history imo then.

As I understood it when I created the thread, it was a "catch that got called back." I had assumed it was for offsides, or something ticky tack, especially considering the NFL posted it on their website (I mean really, how often does the NFL post Pro Bowl videos of incomplete passes?). Like many others, I didn't watch the Pro Bowl in its entirety, but I did watch highlights. The NFL replay didn't show a good angle of the incompletion, TY did his celebratory pose, everyone was being congratulated on the sidelines, and even the announcers were convinced it was a catch, with Jon Gruden saying it was "one of the greatest throws in Pro Bowl history." Can you blame me?

So yea, now that we've had more information on the subject, I'll eat my crow and say this topic probably shouldn't have been created, but it's still a remarkable feat of skill from Carr, his precision, and Hilton's speed. Considering it's about Hilton and it's practically the off-season for the Colts, someone else would have posted it anyways.

On 2/1/2016 at 3:34 AM, ReMeDy said:

penalty was declined (it was a TD), Listening to Gruden you would think only the QB was involved in the play --- greatest throw in the history of football?  Never mind the awesome catch by T.Y.

On February 5, 2016 at 8:45 PM, ReMeDy said:

As I understood it when I created the thread, it was a "catch that got called back." I had assumed it was for offsides, or something ticky tack, especially considering the NFL posted it on their website (I mean really, how often does the NFL post Pro Bowl videos of incomplete passes?). Like many others, I didn't watch the Pro Bowl in its entirety, but I did watch highlights. The NFL replay didn't show a good angle of the incompletion, TY did his celebratory pose, everyone was being congratulated on the sidelines, and even the announcers were convinced it was a catch, with Jon Gruden saying it was "one of the greatest throws in Pro Bowl history." Can you blame me?

So yea, now that we've had more information on the subject, I'll eat my crow and say this topic probably shouldn't have been created, but it's still a remarkable feat of skill from Carr, his precision, and Hilton's speed. Considering it's about Hilton and it's practically the off-season for the Colts, someone else would have posted it anyways.

No worries. I watched the game and I jumped immediately at the play because I was upset he dropped it. It was a clear drop even before the replay. I agree it would have been the play of the game had he caught it and on Sherman too. I was just surprised to see a topic about a bad drop by Hilton was all. It's clear with luck out most the season we missed a lot of those type plays this year because hass couldn't deliver the ball like that.