Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone have a feeling this will be a lop-sided Superbowl?

ReMeDy

I can't imagine it being worse than when Peyton played against the Seahawks, but... I have a feeling this one could get just as ugly. Carolina completely dismantled the Cardinals and made life miserable for Carson. If Peyton isn't careful, he could get carried out in a stretcher after what I saw Carson put up with.

Having said that, I'm still glad Denver beat the Pats and I don't have to hear about Brady getting a 5th Superbowl ring, so I could care less.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Arizona kinda faded towards the end of the year, it wasn't surprising to see them get beat down the way they did. Denver could get blown out, but I doubt it. I don't think Carolina has a single player with any SB experience, but Denver has a ton. I have a feeling Carolina will just be living it up the next couple weeks. They strike me as more of a party team and they have a ton of confidence that could end up being their downfall. Denver will go back to work tomorrow.

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

I think Arizona kinda faded towards the end of the year, it wasn't surprising to see them get beat down the way they did. Denver could get blown out, but I doubt it. I don't think Carolina has a single player with any SB experience, but Denver has a ton. I have a feeling Carolina will just be living it up the next couple weeks. They strike me as more of a party team and they have a ton of confidence that could end up being their downfall. Denver will go back to work tomorrow.

True, because Denver has been in this situation very recently. For Carolina, this is unfamiliar territory. Then again, it was for the Seahawks, too, but I feel like Cam will be too busy partying, unlike Russell Wilson.

58 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

True, because Denver has been in this situation very recently. For Carolina, this is unfamiliar territory. Then again, it was for the Seahawks, too, but I feel like Cam will be too busy partying, unlike Russell Wilson.

Why would Cam Newton be too busy partying?  This logic makes no sense to me with the idea the Panthers are going to act like frat boys for two weeks after going 17-1 so far this year. If they have partied this year they should keep it up since it is working........

Yes,  this feels like the game could get away from Denver, and certainly NOT because of the Broncos defense.

But two years ago, Peyton was enjoying an MVP type year, a Hall of Fame type year,  and he got worked in the SB by Seattle.

Carolina clearly has a great defense,  and Peyton is only a shell of what he was two years ago.    This feels like things could get out of hand.     If it stays close,  it's because of that great Denver defense.

I hope for a good game.    Always want that.     But certainly fear a blow-out.

I am not sure who to build up more at times between the Carolina D and O. I think they have been a pretty balanced all around squad this year which is why they are 17-1.

I am sure many will pick Carolina though in the media (the horror) but I really can't compare Carolina to the two teams the Broncos played in the playoffs so far either. It's tough to get a feel of this at times.....

If you are a Peyton die hard you should probably just enjoy it win or lose since media week will probably be heavily catered around Manning with interviews and a ton of stuff to save forever.

Could be, I think the Panthers are a special team.  Denver got by New England thanks to defense but the Panthers are just as good on defense and have a better offense.  I hope Peyton has the happy ending but I have a hard time seeing how the Broncos will be able to win this game.

Zonas D is not in the same league as Denver , Manning seems to always face a high powered NFC team with the exception of the superbowl against the bears. The Saints coming right after Katrina with so much momentum there was no way he was winning that was a team of destiny, then the Seahawks that year they werein their prime it would be hard to find a handful of teams in history that could have beat that seattle team, now superman and this crazy offence with an outsanding defence. Peyton is going to need to pull out all the stops for this one if he wants to walk away a champ, i wouldnt be surprised if they pull it out, is this not what elway sayd he was going to do, send peyton in to the sunset with a championship. i believe it and will be cheering for the Broncos in 2 weeks

When Carolina has the ball - Denver's defense is for real and should get pressure on Cam and stop the run. Also, Arizona did not tackle well, with Carolina getting YAC. Denver will be different because they have the best defense in the NFL and if you believe the axiom that "defense wins championships", the Broncos have a chance.

When Denver has the ball - The Broncos need some semblance of a run game to setup the play-action. I remember early in Peyton's career he said; "When I do a good play-action and freeze two linebackers, I've just blocked those two guys."  That intelligent advantage & experience, plus Peyton getting healthier, gives the Broncos a real shot at winning. Denver's receivers need to play well. And then there is Peyton's ability to run for first downs....hehehe

Broncos 27

Panthers 23

Carolina was great yesterday, partly because Arizona was flat yesterday.

Denver D hit Brady 23 times...  Brady, who gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone.

So Don't be too quick to count Denver out.

I'm still hoping for my Fairy Tale Ending.

It's too soon to say whether this would be a lop-sided Superbowl, but as of right now, I feel that this is the year of the Panther. Sad to see Arizona lose like that, but Newton just has something special going on. The whole team is kind of destined to take it all, and it doesn't matter at this point who their opponent would be.

For sure Newton is MVP this year.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Denver will win

I agree. Give me a week or so and I will come up with a score. I hope people keep underestimating Peyton and Denver again. I don't see Peyton letting this SB get out of hand like the Seattle one. Seattle had a better Defense compared to Carolina as well and the Broncos played probably their worst game in the Peyton era in that game. Wont happen again.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. Give me a week or so and I will come up with a score. I hope people keep underestimating Peyton and Denver again. I don't see Peyton letting this SB get out of hand like the Seattle one. Seattle had a better Defense compared to Carolina as well and the Broncos played probably their worst game in the Peyton era in that game. Wont happen again.

I don't think the Panthers Wrs are used to people playing Physical style football on them.  You watch their games and you see guys like Cory Brown and Tedd Ginn streaking across and down the field catching balls cleanly.  I think the Broncos are going to force Cam into making contested throws. Not only contested throws, but throws like the ones Brady was making.  Throws where the receiver is going to fear getting his head knocked clean off.  I think we'll see a number of dropped passes from the Panthers in the Super Bowl.  I like the Broncos in a tight one

Kubiak will probably be more prepared for the crowd noise.

This Denver team has gone through a lot and battle tested. I think that counts for a whole heck of a lot.

For years, a decade I have been saying.. Geez Peyton, "take what the defense gives you" 

He did that yesterday and he understands his role, not sure who will win, but I don't think it will be a blow out.

QBs like Cam Newton (take a look at Andrew Luck) give the Denver D fits because he is not afraid to get rid of the ball because the hit is coming, ala Brady, and stands a greater chance of completing the pass. If Big Ben was fully healthy, the Broncos would have given the Broncos fits and forced them to score close to 30, IMO. That is what Cam Newton will do.

Plus, the Panthers' O-line will be the best O-line the Broncos would have faced in the playoffs, by far. I have to say the Panthers have the edge and the only way this stays close is not because of Peyton and that "offensive" offense but because of the Broncos D.

I am still leaning towards the Panthers but not in a blowout.

Denver was going to go one and done.

When they didn't. .........

......they were clearly going to lose to the Pats.

Didn't happen.

So now...Carolina is going to blow them out.

So to those making all these predictions,  I say, keep up the good work.  It's working. :hat:

12 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Didn't happen.

So to those making all these predictions,  I say, keep up the good work.  It's working. :hat:

Outta likes. So here you go Mrs.M : I LIKE !

The thing with Carolina is if whatever team lets them get rolling then it is hard to stop them. Carolina is really good but I dont think they are going to steam roll Denvers defense. I think this game will be a very close game. If Denver keeps Carolina run game in check and limit Olsen then Denver will do fine.

I think Denver will have a time trying to establish a run game.  Hopefully the Denver receivers wont have the dropsies in the Super Bowl.

11 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I can't imagine it being worse than when Peyton played against the Seahawks, but... I have a feeling this one could get just as ugly. Carolina completely dismantled the Cardinals and made life miserable for Carson. If Peyton isn't careful, he could get carried out in a stretcher after what I saw Carson put up with.

Having said that, I'm still glad Denver beat the Pats and I don't have to hear about Brady getting a 5th Superbowl ring, so I could care less.

Carson Palmer didn't help much throwing all those interceptions. I would guess his index finger had something to do with that. I don't think this SB will be one sided, nor am I saying Denver will win. I think it will be competitive, and Denver certainly has a shot to win. Heck, the Colts kept the game close against the Panthers.

Didn't happen.

Even when Peyton wins the Super Bowl it won't be enough Gramz. No matter how much he succeeds it will never be enough.

They can doubt him all they want. He has proved them wrong every time.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Didn't happen.

Yeah I know its great stuff isn't it LOL.

3 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

Even when Peyton wins the Super Bowl it won't be enough Gramz. No matter how much he succeeds it will never be enough.

I know but if Peyton wins this SB anyone that starts Peyton hating at that point will look DUMB. 2 SB wins, 3-1 vs Brady in the AFC Title Game, and 5 League MVP's. Yes, anyone hating Peyton would look foolish at that point. It will still happen though which is comical. A win also gives Peyton a 14-13 record in the Playoffs which is over .500 and respectable.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Carolina is very tough, I think the SB will be much like yesterdays game, another nailtbiter but I have faith in this Denver team.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Carolina is very tough, I think the SB will be much like yesterdays game, another nailtbiter but I have faith in this Denver team.

Very well stated. Twice. :) Seriously, if Denver's D plays a carbon copy of yesterday? They'll give Cam & the Panthers a very good game. 

It won't be lop sided IMO  unless The Panthers are just happy to be there and lose there focus .

In that case the Broncos win with at least 1 Defensive TD or 2 & 18 throws for another 3 .

The Broncos just took down Goliath in the football world not many saw that coming .

It'll be somewheres in the middle the Broncos just beat Tom Terriffic & the hoodie no small feat both home teams won now there both on the road with all the hype Peyton Manning has been there done that & its his last hurrah the focus on this 1 game for 18 his legacy & this game are the host important thing on 18's mind we all realize even the worst defense in the regular season can win a SB Denvers defense is certainly much better than any 18 had as a Colt they are fast enough to get to Newton .

Carolina is too strong defensively and offensively for Denver. Ware and Miller are going to leave horrible rushing lanes for Carolina and if they sit back Cam is going to find the open guy. It's going to be like 2 years ago all over again... Carolina is going to curb stomp Denver just like Seattle did. 

Carolina's defensive front will have Peyton running for his life. That OL couldn't even contain NE's front 7, so they sure as hell aren't going to contain Carolina's. 

Carolina by 10+

1 hour ago, Fx Stryker said:

Even when Peyton wins the Super Bowl it won't be enough Gramz. No matter how much he succeeds it will never be enough.

I know.  It Has been a frustrating year.

Nauseated me to no end when he was benched.  Not because he was benched, he clearly needed to rest and heal.  

No, what nauseated me were people Claiming he was washed up, or that he was faking Injury.  Saying he just had a stubbed toe.  Saying he couldn't throw the ball.  Saying Brock was so much better, and on and on.

Saying he'd never take the field again. And all the other nonsense.

You Probably have a good guess at just how extremely happy I was when he threw those two touchdowns. 

Funny thing.  Peyton didn' t seem all that elated. I mean I know he was happy, but I also get the sense that   he knows this Is the end of the road.

It would be nice for people to admit when they're wrong, and relax and enjoy watching one of the greatest ever finish his career.