Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England @ Denver (Gday/Post Game - Merged)

oldunclemark

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

12552818_1067277463318941_62112244341039

That's what I say. I just imagine a young player on either of these two teams. they look at the quarterback and they say:   If we keep it close, I KNOW that guy can win it for us in the final two minutes.

I've seen him do it 50 times. I grew up watching him do it.  He knows exactly  what to do.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jvan1973 said:

What games has he "choked" in?

Superbowl 48 rings a bell? or every year he was with the Colts except the 2006 season? With all due respect, I love me some Peyton Manning. Heck I became a Colts fan because of him. But you have to admit- during the biggest games and with all the spotlight on him, the guy just chokes. Remember the first time he came back into Indy when he was on the Broncos? Mr. Irsay made the game like a playoff atmosphere with halftime performances. The guy just have terrible nerves. 

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What games has he "choked" in?

See this is how many perceive Peyton because of all of his Divisional Round losses. Really the only back breaking play he's ever made in a Playoff game was the INT in the SB against the Saints. The 2 times he looked bad against the Pats, the Pats simply just had the better team and both games were in Foxboro. In 2008 against the Chargers dumb butt Ron Winter flat out cheated the Colts. I guess maybe his 2005 performance against the Steelers could be somewhat of a choke? A lot of times when we lost though it was the Defense not getting stops or a miss FG that cost us.

Just now, James Harden said:

Superbowl 48 rings a bell? or every year he was with the Colts except the 2006 season? With all due respect, I love me some Peyton Manning. Heck I became a Colts fan because of him. But you have to admit- during the biggest games and with all the spotlight on him, the guy just chokes. Remember the first time he came back into Indy when he was on the Broncos? Mr. Irsay made the game like a playoff atmosphere with halftime performances. The guy just have terrible nerves. 

Nonsense.  A team losing isn't choking.  Just because they didn't get to or win a superbowl doesn't equal choke 

4 minutes ago, James Harden said:

Seattle was better so to me it wasn't a choke. They were a lot better than I thought actually LOL

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Nonsense.  A team losing isn't choking.  Just because they didn't get to or win a superbowl doesn't equal choke 

Agreed its called executing or not executing the game plan on the field pure and simple. Or just flat out getting manhandled on both sides of the line.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're right, let's enjoy it. This may be the last time we see them play against each other. 

Also, we only have 3 more football games this season. :( (No, the Pro Bowl is not real football.)

Lol the pro bowl is a joke.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See this is how many perceive Peyton because of all of his Divisional Round losses. Really the only back breaking play he's ever made in a Playoff game was the INT in the SB against the Saints. The 2 times he looked bad against the Pats, the Pats simply just had the better team and both games were in Foxboro. In 2008 against the Chargers dumb butt Ron Winter flat out cheated the Colts. I guess maybe his 2005 performance against the Steelers could be somewhat of a choke? A lot of times when we lost though it was the Defense not getting stops or a miss FG that cost us.

Yes I considered that INT as choking. Of course you need a TEAM to win the Superbowl, but as you said, most people place the blame on Peyton. He is the best regular season QB but could never win the big on while Brady is the best clutch QB who went to 6 Superbowl and won 4.

Just now, James Harden said:

Yes I considered that INT as choking. Of course you need a TEAM to win the Superbowl, but as you said, most people place the blame on Peyton. He is the best regular season QB but could never win the big on while Brady is the best clutch QB who went to 6 Superbowl and won 4.

Manning and the Colts did win the big one.    They beat the patriots on their way to the SB.  Did brady choke in that game? 

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're right, let's enjoy it. This may be the last time we see them play against each other. 

Also, we only have 3 more football games this season. :( (No, the Pro Bowl is not real football.)

That struck me this week. There's only 3 games left in the season.  No 'real' game next Sunday.

That's always sad.

1 minute ago, James Harden said:

That INT against the Saints was bad and his performance against the Steelers in 2005 wasn't good either. In most of the other games he played well but it was the Defense or SPTeams blunders that cost us. Even in that Saints game that Onside kick was a game changer = a SPTeams blunder. The Seattle SB to me was simply the Seahawks having one of the best Defenses of all-time and once in Peyton's life he was just overwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Manning and the Colts did win the big one.    They beat the patriots on their way to the SB.  Did brady choke in that game? 

We could technically say Brady has choked a bunch too. Like against us in 2006, to the Giants in 2007 and 2011 as well. Because he's won 4 SB's his big losses get overlooked but he let ELI beat him twice in the SB haha where he only put up 14 and 17 points.

I think these two QBs don't get nervous. They know what to do. They've seen it all.

They make mistakes in big games but not because they aren't prepared or are nervous...

Brady and Manning will play eventually well even if their teams don't.

Manning played well in Super Bowl 48 after the first quarter

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes I know he won 1 Superbowl out of his 18 years in the NFL. Just most people only look at Peyton post season record which constitute to him choking in "Big Games". Just watch this video. This guy really explains it really well

Now for me I am hoping he will win today against the Pats. I just want him to have 1 more Superbowl so he can have a story book ending. In the end we are both rooting for Peyton. Lets have fun and enjoy ourselves. 

8 minutes ago, James Harden said:

Yes I know he won 1 Superbowl out of his 18 years in the NFL. Just most people only look at Peyton post season record which constitute to him choking in "Big Games". Just watch this video. This guy really explains it really well

Now for me I am hoping he will win today against the Pats. I just want him to have 1 more Superbowl so he can have a story book ending. In the end we are both rooting for Peyton. Lets have fun and enjoy ourselves. 

At least we did get 1, imagine how Dolphins/Marino fans feel? He got none in 17 seasons.