Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller disappears in the playoffs

chad72

He is not just double teamed, he is single teamed a lot but he disappears a lot in the playoffs against elite competition. It happened against Flacco and the Ravens in 2012, has been a recurring theme in the playoffs for a few years now.

Yesterday, outside a few plays, he was not a big factor whatsoever vs the Steelers. For anyone that said the Colts should pursue him, I say no thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had to say it to set myself up, to be honest. I am more than glad to eat crow :)

To understand this, I will give you some history. You have to understand I am a superstitious guy who, when he says outlandish things, eats crow more often. It became a pattern that I kept trying it every once in a while, just to see if it happens, the reverse jinxes.

Once, when the Celtics were playing the Lakers, I went on coltclique.com and said "no way the Lakers come back from 2-3 down even though they had 2 games in LA" and the Lakers with Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant won the NBA title.

My close friend is part of the media, and gets media passes to the IMS and other races. He has a sports talk radio show. He invited me to comment prior to the 2011 Broncos playoff game with Tebow playing Steelers. I went on the radio show and made the statement "no way in h*** is Tebow going to do anything worth a d***" and I got crow handed to me with Tebow winning. The same friend, prior to the Seahawks-Broncos SB, asked me if Percy Harvin will be a factor at all. I told him, "heck no, it would be a miracle if he does not have a migraine again". You guys all know what happened.

Sometimes, I feel like Elijah in the movie "Unbreakable". So, if you believe in jinxes and reverse jinxes, you will understand. If not, I will continue to eat crow, gladly because a team I wanted to win won :)

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I had to say it to set myself up, to be honest. I am more than glad to eat crow :)

To understand this, I will give you some history. You have to understand I am a superstitious guy who, when he says outlandish things, eats crow more often. It became a pattern that I kept trying it every once in a while, just to see if it happens, the reverse jinxes.

Once, when the Celtics were playing the Lakers, I went on coltclique.com and said "no way the Lakers come back from 2-3 down even though they had 2 games in LA" and the Lakers with Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant won the NBA title.

My close friend is part of the media, and gets media passes to the IMS and other races. He has a sports talk radio show. He invited me to comment prior to the 2011 Broncos playoff game with Tebow playing Steelers. I went on the radio show and made the statement "no way in h*** is Tebow going to do anything worth a d***" and I got crow handed to me with Tebow winning. The same friend, prior to the Seahawks-Broncos SB, asked me if Percy Harvin will be a factor at all. I told him, "heck no, it would be a miracle if he does not have a migraine again". You guys all know what happened.

Sometimes, I feel like Elijah in the movie "Unbreakable". So, if you believe in jinxes and reverse jinxes, you will understand. If not, I will continue to eat crow, gladly because a team I wanted to win won :)

You owned it. No more from me. Respect.

11 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

You owned it. No more from me. Respect.

Thanks.

I will give you one more. When Joseph Addai scored the winning TD vs the Patriots in the 2006 AFCCG, I could not watch because I was so tense before that 3rd and goal. So I walked away and went to the restroom. Guess what I did when the Broncos had 1st and goal at the goal line before C.J.Anderson scored his TD. You know it, I went away to the restroom because I couldn't watch it knowing very well it worked the last time, lol :)

Stevie Wonder and his song "Very Superstitious" should be proud of me :) 

2 minutes ago, VDB said:

Von is a beast. The Broncos better pay the man!!!

It is weird how Jack Del Rio couldn't coach a hail mary defense or get the best out of Ware and Von Miller. He even asked Von Miller to bulk up, leading to his ACL injury and then Miller came back stating something like "you cannot expect a Rolls Royce to haul freight" and he was right. Von Miller's playing weight is predicated for his speed and is suited for 3-4 OLB, and Wade Philips brought out the best in both Ware and Miller, hands down. 

Congrats to your Broncos!!!

Just now, chad72 said:

It is weird how Jack Del Rio couldn't coach a hail mary defense or get the best out of Ware and Von Miller. He even asked Von Miller to bulk up, leading to his ACL injury and then he came back stating that "you cannot expect a Rolls Royce to haul freight" and he was right. Von Miller's playing weight is suited for 3-4 OLB and Wade Philips brought out the best in both Ware and Miller, hands down. 

Congrats to your Broncos!!!

Thanks man. You post on the Broncos boards quite often right? Im VenomousDB on there. 

But yeah, Del Rio should be downright embarrassed. What a waste. Wade Phillips was easily the best hire in the NFL this year. 

Just now, VDB said:

Thanks man. You post on the Broncos boards quite often right? Im VenomousDB on there. 

But yeah, Del Rio should be downright embarrassed. What a waste. Wade Phillips was easily the best hire in the NFL this year. 

Yeah, I do, same user name, I have nothing to hide. You guys should be glad the Colts were not in the playoffs this year, we are your Kryptonite :)

Just now, chad72 said:

Yeah, I do, same user name, I have nothing to hide. You guys should be glad the Colts were not in the playoffs this year, we are your Kryptonite :)

I know. I recognized your username.

And yeah yeah yeah haha. 

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hah yeah I was thinking that during the game.  I'm like, well maybe if Carolina had Luck it'd be a different story.  Both the defenses played phenominal, Broncos O Didnt do much at all but had great field position many times due to Carolina turnovers.

Definitely a very good job by both defenses.  I would've rather watched that epic defensive showdown than a high powered offensive game. 

In all fairness to Chad, if you actually look at his stats before this year's playoff run, Von wasn't anything spectacular in the playoffs.  From what I recall, he had something like 2 sacks in 5 playoff games, which isn't that great.  But he had an outstanding playoff performance this year.

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

In all fairness to Chad, if you actually look at his stats before this year's playoff run, Von wasn't anything spectacular in the playoffs.  From what I recall, he had something like 2 sacks in 5 playoff games, which isn't that great.  But he had an outstanding playoff performance this year.

Exactly, now he has the ring.  I always like to direct people's attention to Jim Plunkett.  Plunkett put it together when he had to. Like Von said, the award he got was the result of the work of everyone on the team.  Is there an award for the best trap-block?  No, but does it win championships . . . absolutely.   

On January 18, 2016 at 3:30 PM, chad72 said:

He is not just double teamed, he is single teamed a lot but he disappears a lot in the playoffs against elite competition. It happened against Flacco and the Ravens in 2012, has been a recurring theme in the playoffs for a few years now.

Yesterday, outside a few plays, he was not a big factor whatsoever vs the Steelers. For anyone that said the Colts should pursue him, I say no thank you. 

You were saying ?

how does that big smelly foot taste?