Defense

CB Vontae Davis ,  Janoris Jenkins ,Josh Robinson ,Butler, Djoun Smith

Safety   Adams, Lowery, Geathers, CRE'VON LEBLANC, Anderson

ILB  Jerell Freeman ,Sio Moore , TYLER MATAKEVICH ,Irving

OLB Leonard Floyd ,Robert Mathis ,Newsome ,Walden ,Werner , Studebaker

Dline Langford ,Parry,Henry Anderson,Jones ,Kerr,mcgill ,okine  

offseason signings are bold , draft picks are underlined 

basically 

1. Leonard Floyd, Georgia - Gives the colts a legit 12 plus sacks guys if colts can develop him , gives colts another play other team o have to game plan for 

2. Ryan kelly c , Alabama- Solidfy the revolving door at c , great communciator who calls the right protections,something this oline lack when Harrison was C . hasn,t allowed a sack in two years going up against the best in cfb ,key cog to Derrick henry sucessful year, Strong awareness and athleticism that team would love to have , Quick snap and set ,easily get to second level in run game and mirrors defenders in pass game . Show grit which chuck loves as part of his vision. 

3. Josh Garnett G Stanford

4 Tyler Matakevick, ilb temple - terrific first step quickness and anticipation to read and react , take smart angles with strong hand to shed blockers ,times his blitzes well had four sacks. does a nice job when ask to drop back in zone coverage to attack throwing and break up throws. 

6 Crevon Leblanc  Cb/Safety,Florida Atlantic - Shows off his versatility in coverage and as a run defender. Has an excellent understanding of field leverage. Protects against inside routes and forces receivers to stay outside. Does a nice job staying in phase with receivers, using patient feet in his transition to press, sink and run vertically.

In run support, strings runs outside and forces ballcarriers to the sideline.

IMO with exception of J.Jenkins most of your free-agents are typical Grigs picks that didn`t pan out. I think L. Miller could platoon with Gore for a solid 1-2 punch. I hope if Grigs signs a couple free-agents he goes for some more established players than your list. I think most of us have complained enough about the bums he`s brought in.

2 hours ago, Andretoindy said:

Offense

Qb Luck ,  Chase Daniel , Josh Freeman

RB Lamar Miller , Frank Gore ,Herron

WR Hilton ,Moncrief ,Dorsett, Kearse ,Bray

TE Fleener , Allen ,Doyle

LT Anthony Castanzo

LG Jack Mewhort

C Ryan Kelly , Holmes

RG Josh Garnett ,  Alvin Bailey ,hugh thorthon

RT Mitchell Swartz ,Reitz , Good

Defense

basically 

1. Leonard Floyd, Georgia - Gives the colts a legit 12 plus sacks guys if colts can develop him , gives colts another play other team o have to game plan for 

2. Ryan kelly c , Alabama- Solidfy the revolving door at c , great communciator who calls the right protections,something this oline lack when Harrison was C . hasn,t allowed a sack in two years going up against the best in cfb ,key cog to Derrick henry sucessful year, Strong awareness and athleticism that team would love to have , Quick snap and set ,easily get to second level in run game and mirrors defenders in pass game . Show grit which chuck loves as part of his vision. 

4 Tyler Matakevick, ilb temple - terrific first step quickness and anticipation to read and react , take smart angles with strong hand to shed blockers ,times his blitzes well had four sacks. does a nice job when ask to drop back in zone coverage to attack throwing and break up throws. 

6 Crevon Leblanc  Cb/Safety,Florida Atlantic - Shows off his versatility in coverage and as a run defender. Has an excellent understanding of field leverage. Protects against inside routes and forces receivers to stay outside. Does a nice job staying in phase with receivers, using patient feet in his transition to press, sink and run vertically.

Little lost on your draft picks. Nice effort, but we don't have a 6th, and we have a 5th and 7th. Just in case you want to edit it. I like the positions you chose and the effort though.

7 hours ago, Andretoindy said:

Offense

Qb Luck ,  Chase Daniel , Josh Freeman

RB Lamar Miller , Frank Gore ,Herron

WR Hilton ,Moncrief ,Dorsett, Kearse ,Bray

TE Fleener , Allen ,Doyle

LT Anthony Castanzo

LG Jack Mewhort

C Ryan Kelly , Holmes

RG Josh Garnett ,  Alvin Bailey ,hugh thorthon

RT Mitchell Swartz ,Reitz , Good

Defense

basically 

As far as I can see, you have us signing 7 free agents.

I don't think the budget has enough for that many.

I think we're likely looking at 3-4, maybe 5.      But 7 is probably more than we can afford.

I had Kelly in my most recent mock in round 2.  Sounds like the right place for him in the draft and the right position for us.  I'm telling you, though, I'm kind of rethinking it after the Championship Game.  He did look good in pass pro, but he looked beyond terrible in the run game.  I very seldomly saw him get a hand on anyone, and he was lunging a lot or ending up on the ground (after hitting no one).  Maybe I'm reading too much from one game against a great DL, but Clemson made him look lost in the run game.  Never gave up a bit of pressure (for the most part) in pass pro...

Nice find on Leblanc.  I'd never heard of him, but I like what I'm reading out there.  College teamates with D'Joun, so we know he's caught our scouts' eyes.  One thing I read said that teams kept challenging D'Joun his Sr. year, because Leblanc was just as good on the other side.

22 minutes ago, Archer said:

Nice find on Leblanc.  I'd never heard of him, but I like what I'm reading out there.  College teamates with D'Joun, so we know he's caught our scouts' eyes.  One thing I read said that teams kept challenging D'Joun his Sr. year, because Leblanc was just as good on the other side.

I like Leblanc too. Another late round DB I like is Lloyd Carrington from Arizona State. He may end up playing safety in the NFL. He wouldn't be a bad pickup in the 6th or 7th IMO.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Its not a bad idea to sign 2 CB's either. Maybe Robinson would be an upgrade over Butler as our nickel

I really like that idea. I'd like to have Heyward and Robinson. I think Butler has fallen off the last two years. He's expendable, IMO, and if he's relegated to depth or even cut loose, I'm okay if that means we upgraded the CB position/depth.

11 hours ago, MPStack said:

IMO with exception of J.Jenkins most of your free-agents are typical Grigs picks that didn`t pan out. I think L. Miller could platoon with Gore for a solid 1-2 punch. I hope if Grigs signs a couple free-agents he goes for some more established players than your list. I think most of us have complained enough about the bums he`s brought in.

Besides the two you like, the FA on the OPs list are not expected to be stars.  Mitchell has Reitz and Good backing him up...it would actually be a waste of FA money to sign a star at that position, especially since the problems with the oline are in the interior.   He is drafting those players.  Bringing in the FA the OP lists is actually sound strategy.

Not sure what the compariosn to Grigson's signings are, other than to try to work in a shot at him.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I really like that idea. I'd like to have Heyward and Robinson. I think Butler has fallen off the last two years. He's expendable, IMO, and if he's relegated to depth or even cut loose, I'm okay if that means we upgraded the CB position/depth.

I've been wondering about this. So how much would we save by cutting Butler? I mean he was a good nickel there for a couple years but like you said he's really fallen off.