Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bring back Blue Helmets for 2016 season?

James Harden

While watching Alabama, I was thinking to myself "Jeez the Colts should copy Alabama but with blue helmets". Why not bring back the blue helmets but let it be our official helmets to use at home and away for the whole season. It would be new for the players and they would feel good. You know what they say "When you look good, you feel good". I like the these helmets but move the horseshoe to the sides instead of the back. I wouldn't mind rocking the throwback uniforms for the whole season also. 

sdffasdf.jpg.b06d378ca350d0f785f8e18b1cfsdfalsd.jpg.5c0b557a18671b250ebeb8f0b668

4895465162_b1449c659d_o.thumb.jpg.3ed6c8 56947eca3fa3c_coltsblue.jpg.465e505a0e7c

56947edc287ea_blu2.jpg.57a17e8bb5204daec

18 minutes ago, James Harden said:

While watching Alabama, I was thinking to myself "Jeez the Colts should copy Alabama but with blue helmets". Why not bring back the blue helmets but let it be our official helmets to use at home and away for the whole season. It would be new for the players and they would feel good. You know what they say "When you look good, you feel good". I like the these helmets but move the horseshoe to the sides instead of the back. I wouldn't mind rocking the throwback uniforms for the whole season also. 

sdffasdf.jpg.b06d378ca350d0f785f8e18b1cfsdfalsd.jpg.5c0b557a18671b250ebeb8f0b668

4895465162_b1449c659d_o.thumb.jpg.3ed6c8 56947eca3fa3c_coltsblue.jpg.465e505a0e7c

56947edc287ea_blu2.jpg.57a17e8bb5204daec

As a one off - sure.  The whole season - ain't happening.

Just now, MTC said:

Only appeared it one pre-season game and didn't receive much buzz.

Nonsense on both counts.

They also wore them in the regular season against the Eagles - the game that Collie got hurt.

By what measure where you using to suggest there was no buzz?

12 minutes ago, ruksak said:

This isn't a fashion show. Football is about violence and watching musclebound, would-be gangbangers giving each other traumatic brain injuries for our amusement. 

yeah while they are doing that , we will be scoring TDs on them while we are looking fresh. 

24 minutes ago, MTC said:

Although it would be neat to see it for one game, it's highly doubtful it'll appear again.

You never know...After this hugely disappointing season. With a fresh start and a new look might be what our players need to start feeling good about themselves and we could have a winning season again.  

18 minutes ago, ruksak said:

This isn't a fashion show. Football is about violence and watching musclebound, would-be gangbangers giving each other traumatic brain injuries for our amusement. 

If you haven't notice the past couple of season...football have been getting soft. I can understand the QB rule but cant tackling a guy above the shoulders is kind terrible. In today day and age, WRs are asking for pass interference almost every time they get a tap from the defender. With all the players complaining about concussion...why even play football in the first place. Anyway..blue helmets are awesome

13 minutes ago, James Harden said:

You never know...After this hugely disappointing season. With a fresh start and a new look might be what our players need to start feeling good about themselves and we could have a winning season again.  

Yeah, blue helmets will surely get them feeling good about themselves.

2 hours ago, ruksak said:

You have a way with words that always makes me chuckle ruk-sac or maybe I just enjoy your twisted sense of humor. Either way, don't stop. That's an order.

Okay, more like a polite suggestion then like requesting your favorite song from a DJ at an obscure radio station that plays darn good music instead of top 40 crap. 

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Yeah, blue helmets will surely get them feeling good about themselves.

I won't lie to ya jskinnz. Your reply did make burst out loud, but all James was talking about was altering our team look more frequently. 

I'm with you don't screw up what isn't broken & just win games. Just don't adopt anything as hideous as those blinding bumble bee throw back Steelers jerseys. I just like the simplicity of our white helmets with a blue horseshoe on them. Elegant, classy, & timeless with the less is more mantra. Nice. 

57 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I like the idea of switching up our road unis.

I like our home unis. But i'm not a fan of the whiteout road ones.

The all whites are one of the best unis in the league IMO. Jets and Chiefs rank right up there as well.

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I won't lie to ya jskinnz. Your reply did make burst out loud, but all James was talking about was altering our team look more frequently. 

I'm with you don't screw up what isn't broken & just win games. Just don't adopt anything as hideous as those blinding bumble bee throw back Steelers jerseys. I just like the simplicity of our white helmets with a blue horseshoe on them. Elegant, classy, & timeless with the less is more mantra. Nice. 

Those bumble bee jerseys are awful. I like our simplicity too but just one year of changing it wouldn't hurt. 

The Colts need to start doing a "little" bit of a shakeup with their unies. At least blue pants on the road. Get with the trend Indy. I get the old school look. I just don't want to see it for the rest of my life. (might be sooner than later, ya know?) I'm 58 & have seen these unies for quite a while in my 50 year fandom. 

Sometimes things get old, even if you look at a classic. Mix it up. Just a "little"?

Maybe for 1 road game, I could deal with that look. But I personally am not the biggest fan of the blue helmets, especially if they're at home and also wearing blue jerseys. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty fond of the nice, clean, simplicity of the classic Colts unis. I don't understand why so many people are eager to fix something that isn't broken.

45 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Maybe for 1 road game, I could deal with that look. But I personally am not the biggest fan of the blue helmets, especially if they're at home and also wearing blue jerseys. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty fond of the nice, clean, simplicity of the classic Colts unis. I don't understand why so many people are eager to fix something that isn't broken.

I don't think blue helmets with blue jersey is not that bad. It looks perfect when you see ole miss uniforms. Instead of the red, we would have white.

USATSI_8124555-650x342.thumb.jpg.45890a0

I honestly would love to have the "classic" look on a blue helmet.  Move the horseshoe from the back to the side and roll with that.  I like it, I like it a lot.  I like seeing new uniform designs and such, and don't fully get the animosity towards changing uniforms.  It is still our team, lets freshen up its look every now and then and get some new jerseys to wear.

The Broncos have done it and looks better, the Pats have, the Bucs, etc.  Many teams have gotten new uniforms and people love em, why not us?

I'm with ya on this, Narcosys. Nothing wrong with trending towards better looks. I've liked our unies for a long, long time. It's time to shake it up a little bit. At least blue pants on the road. Maybe changes to the helmet with pearled-white or blue horseshoes with brilliant refraction depending on color. (helmet) Bring back the blue facemasks. 

And while we're at it (for the umpteenth time) get rid of that hideous helmet on the 50 yardline & change to the horseshoe only. Goodness sakes, at least do that.

1 hour ago, ColtRider said:

And while we're at it (for the umpteenth time) get rid of that hideous helmet on the 50 yardline & change to the horseshoe only. Goodness sakes, at least do that.

That was always a big peeve of mine of how our field looked. I absolutely hate the helmet on the 50 yard line as well. It looks like it shouldn't belong there, maybe it's the colors or the style of the helmet, I don't know but it should be changed to the Colts horseshoe in my opinion.

Yes, I agree. I believe we're the only team left in the NFL with the full helmet on the 50. It was trendy waaaaay back when. It's been outdated for quite sometime. A full blue horseshoe outlined in white would look fabulous on the 50. Just wish Jimmy would consider it. Maybe he has. Dunno.

It's time to get into the 21st Century. Love the old stuff. I really do. But times change. So, let's get on with it. Nice uniform changes & a beautiful blue horseshoe logo @ the 50 isn't too much to ask.

Incorporating changes is a great thing. A necessary thing. Let's go! Do it.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I honestly would love to have the "classic" look on a blue helmet.  Move the horseshoe from the back to the side and roll with that.  I like it, I like it a lot.  I like seeing new uniform designs and such, and don't fully get the animosity towards changing uniforms.  It is still our team, lets freshen up its look every now and then and get some new jerseys to wear.

The Broncos have done it and looks better, the Pats have, the Bucs, etc.  Many teams have gotten new uniforms and people love em, why not us?

I would disagree about the Broncos.  While I like the actual uniforms, the old helmets are superior.

The Pats have one of the ugliest uniforms in the league.