Lef

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Pagano has agreed on a contract extension I guess that means a end to Grigson. What does everybody feel about this move by Jim? I have mixed feelings myself. But maybe if we bring in a GM that Pagano and him can common maybe it will work. 

Grigson is staying

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

:pokerface:

That's great and all...we all can/should change/grow and football GMs/coaches are no different. Tom Coughlin and Pete Carroll are great examples of those who have in their careers to win Super Bowls.

However, I would like to know WHY in the world this meeting didn't take place a year ago?

I hope the reporters are aggressive with questions at the press conference. This whole thing is VERY strange.

Usually when a firing is as widely reported as going to happen as Chuck's then it happens. Is this guy really that great of a salesman? Did Irsay/Grigson admit their screw ups? Were all of these reports just that overblown/inaccurate?

What a strange day.

1 minute ago, JRnINDY said:

Jimmy's been in the tanning bed to long, that lobster red skin has fried his brain!

Happy for Chuck and Grigson. Please get new DC, line coaches, and QB coach,

So get rid of the dummies those two hired?

3 minutes ago, adamr said:

That's great and all...we all can/should change/grow and football GMs/coaches are no different. Tom Coughlin and Pete Carroll are great examples of those who have in their careers to win Super Bowls.

However, I would like to know WHY in the world this meeting didn't take place a year ago?

I hope the reporters are aggressive with questions at the press conference. This whole thing is VERY strange.

Usually when a firing is as widely reported as going to happen as Chuck's then it happens. Is this guy really that great of a salesman? Did Irsay/Grigson admit their screw ups? Were all of these reports just that overblown/inaccurate?

What a strange day.

I feel like Pagano can hustle anyone at pool now. I would never want to play poker with him...

29 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I'm disappointed.. if Grigson stays I'm boycotting the season.

We'll check with you again around this time next year, k?

25 minutes ago, MOB said:

I'm happy for Chuck but I am baffled to see Grigson, the main problem, stay.

I have to think that whatever problems they may have had have been resolved.  I can't see pagano signing an extension otherwise. 

24 minutes ago, MTC said:

Wake me up in 2017 when we get a new staff and front office revamp. What a joke.

I'll set an alarm for you. 

23 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Great call Irsay please get old and lose the team now 

because you SUCK

Unfortunately he's not going to age any faster now. 

19 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I think Jim Irsay just relapsed. Somebody pinch me and wake me up from this nightmare!!

*pinch*  

Better?

11 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Why would Irsay want to allow a toxic relationship to continue? That's the most baffling thing. I think it's past the point where Grigs and Pagano can just smile and mend all the bridges that have been burnt.

Well obviously it's not past that point. Why would pagano voluntarily sign a contract extension if it were? 

7 minutes ago, James Harden said:

So all that Pagano vs Grigson saga was for nothing.........They just basically hug/ kisses and made up....my god....If Grigson doesn't learn from his mistakes and meddle with the coaches job again well good bye Colts for the next decade...

It was all overblown.  Pagano said himself he wanted to stay. (why would he do that if "meddling" was insurmountable...or even true)

Bottom line...never trust Kravitz or Doyel.  They are ideologues preaching to a choir.

14 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Or... you know.. they could be adult men and squash their problems.  

Maybe Irsay finally leveled the playing field and said listen to each other and work or both of you are gone.  That will squash any problems pretty darn quick.

If it were that easy, why didn't it happen weeks ago? The bye week, even. But we've been getting article after article all season long. Just seems....weird.

3 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

We'll check with you again around this time next year, k?

I have to think that whatever problems they may have had have been resolved.  I can't see pagano signing an extension otherwise. 

I'll set an alarm for you. 

Unfortunately he's not going to age any faster now. 

*pinch*  

Better?

Well obviously it's not past that point. Why would pagano voluntarily sign a contract extension if it were? 

I know right too bad cause he's forgot how to run a franchise 

8 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I'm amazed so many people blindly believe these anonymous reports of tension between the two. I'm not saying there is none, but it is obviously overblown or Jim would have made changes.

Actions speak louder than words. Especially when they involve millions of dollars.

Like Kravitz?

This is a good example of how full of :censored: these NFL insiders sometimes are.

Who knows what happened but it sounds like maybe Jimmy read the two of them the riot act and hopefully told Grigson to keep his :censored: ing nose out of coaching decisions.

Better late than never if he did.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Andrew Luck will never win a Super Bowl here. I'll put money on it. He'll be the next fall guy for Irsay and his "best buddies" when things don't work.

If Luck ever get to Tom Brady level, soon he will be able to play with anyone and make them look like a superstar. Luck is a tough son of a ******* and he do with what he have. When life hands you lemons, you make....