4 pm press conference / UPDATE: NO presser scheduled yet

CR91

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, I thought he did well enough to come back as a backup.  

6-3 with a backup QB this is impressive.  All and all I thought they handled the loss of Luck well.  The key problem remains against playoff level teams the Colts went 2-4 in those games this year.  

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

This is interesting.  Perhaps he is giving Pagano time to notify all the players and coaches in private meetings of his departure.  OR, maybe he is giving Pagano a chance to argue his points (perhaps many points against Grigson).  I hope not the latter.

On Twitter it was said Pagano already met with the players and that the players were saying they did not have any indication on Paganos future upon their exit of the locker room. 

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

6-3 with a backup QB this is impressive.  All and all I thought they handled the loss of Luck well.  The key problem remains against playoff level teams the Colts went 2-4 in those games this year.  

Yeah, I think it's given something for Irsay to think about, but I don't think it sways the ultimate decision any differently.  Not just this year, but even last year, too many times this team would come into games seemingly unprepared or halftime adjustments just weren't made.  Pagano might be a good coach, I just am not sure he's a good enoguh coach to get us where we want to go.  Very seldom did I ever come away from a game thinking that Pagano simply outcoached the other team.  I mean, one might call that revisionist history, but it's worth noting just the same.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, I think it's given something for Irsay to think about, but I don't think it sways the ultimate decision any differently.  Not just this year, but even last year, too many times this team would come into games seemingly unprepared or halftime adjustments just weren't made.  Pagano might be a good coach, I just am not sure he's a good enoguh coach to get us where we want to go.  Very seldom did I ever come away from a game thinking that Pagano simply outcoached the other team.  I mean, one might call that revisionist history, but it's worth noting just the same.

The players want to run through a wall for him. The problem is a lot of the time they don't.

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He did yesterday.

with that said you are right it's been far too rare.  

His teams have struggled to beat top end teams.  Frankly take out the Broncos, who to his credit they have been very good against, and they have really struggled against playoff level teams over his time here.  

I like Chuck the person and want to see him win a Super Bowl even if it's not here and I am disappointed it appears to have not worked out here for him, but I don't think he can get this team over the hump and a change is needed.

It sounds like the fans and players want Chuck back, and they're not shying away from voicing their opinion.  All I want is Grigson gone.  Maybe Irsay is thinking about this decision more and it wasn't "automatic" like everyone was thinking.  I do believe there are a few better HC options on the table, but I do like Chuck.  I'm torn in between, because I just don't know if Pagano is the best coach for this team.  Good mentor/friend, definitely!  Chuck has done some great things and will continue to wherever he ends up, but to win multiple SB's IDK if he can do it.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He did yesterday.

His teams have struggled to beat top end teams.  Frankly take out the Broncos, who to his credit they have been very good against, and they have really struggled against playoff level teams over his time here.  

I like Chuck the person and want to see him win a Super Bowl even if it's not here and I am disappointed it appears to have not worked out here for him, but I don't think he can get this team over the hump and a change is needed.

To the bolded, do you have a link for that?  I am just curious at read it in its entirety.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He did yesterday.

I agree with everything here. He did look like he had a plan yesterday, but again, against the team holding the #1 pick that we beat by 6.

edit: if only he was able to win like he was in 2013 against to teams. Just too many injuries to keep up with after beating the Broncos (after the niners and seahawks wins).

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Maybe but not likely if they are saying Irsay will be there.  Chuck would just have his normal media time if something wasn't changing in all likely hood.

i think we're reading too deep into it.  Very easily could be a firing conference due to the fan and player support.  I just don't know.  But I could see riots over it haha j/k

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I agree with everything here. He did look like he had a plan yesterday, but again, against the team holding the #1 pick that we beat by 6.

Against the #12 ranked team in defensive yards allowed per game

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Link to what?  I was just offering your opinion that I felt Chuck out coached the Titans yesterday.  I can't really link to that.

Gotcha, I thought the "he did" referred to part about Irsay- from my post " I think it's given something for Irsay to think about, but I don't think it sways the ultimate decision any differently."  As in yesterday he said that.  Misunderstanding on my end. 

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Against the #12 ranked team in defensive yards allowed per game

With two QBs who had been here for less than a week.  I was really impressed with how they used both QBs and split things up to get the most bang for their buck.  Honestly if we had seen more coaching like we did yesterday at the start of the season we probably aren't having this conversation.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

With two QBs who had been here for less than a week.  I was really impressed with how they used both QBs and split things up to get the most bang for their buck.  Honestly if we had seen more coaching like we did yesterday at the start of the season we probably aren't having this conversation.

Same with if we have those QBs earlier this season too...

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Same with if we have those QBs earlier this season too...

Doubtful.  Matt did fine until he got beat up.  The Colts went 6-3 in games with a backup QB.  Other Backup QBs winning % around the league this year was closer to 33%.

The issue was the 2-5 record with Andrew Luck.  They win either the Panthers game they got into OT, the Saints game in which they just didn't show up for a half, the Pats game which was close even with a gift TD after the fake punt or either the Bills or Jets games to start this year and the Colts win the division.

The issue was under performing when at full strength. 

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

who went 3-13 and secured a top 2 pick for the second year in a row.

That's what happens when ya don't have a efficient offense....Oh wait the Colts did not either they were bringing in QB after QB just to find a body to run what was primarily a 1st read and throw offense. Both teams were in bad shape

Imagine Pagano going to a place like San Francisco. They would likely welcome him with open arms and give him much more flexibility in decision making. He is fighting so hard to stay, and I admire that. However, he might be better off to get far away from Grigson.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Doubtful.  Matt did fine until he got beat up.  The Colts went 6-3 in games with a backup QB.  Their winning % around the league this year was closer to 33%.

The issue was the 2-5 record with Andrew Luck.  They win either the Panthers game they got into OT, the Saints game in which they just didn't show up for a half, the Pats game which was close even with a gift TD after the fake punt or either the Bills or Jets games to start this year and the Colts win the division.

The issue was under performing when at full strength. 

Yea but if we had these two against the Texans two weeks ago, makes all the difference in the world. Could have beat the Jets if Gore doesn't fumble on the goal line. Same with Carolina if it wasn't raining, if Vontae doesn't drop that pick, if they score at the end of the game, then again Ginn also dropped a wide open TD. Anything could have happened but if you pinpoint one thing having these two guys available vs. Texans two weeks ago would have been it.

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

That's what happens when ya don't have a efficient offense....Oh wait the Colts did not either they were bringing in QB after QB just to find a body to run what was primarily a 1st read and throw offense. Both teams were in bad shape

What are you trying to disprove me of? I said I thought Pagano coached a great game but it was too little too late, and I don't think he can or has coached that way against elite teams. I think you are trying to say the Titans are good but they simply aren't, hence the 3-13 record in a weak division and 1st overall pick.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Imagine Pagano going to a place like San Francisco. They would likely welcome him with open arms and give him much more flexibility in decision making. He is fighting so hard to stay, and I admire that. However, he might be better off to get far away from Grigson.

Miami. Has the defensive personnel he wants. Just needs to unite the locker room. But he'd have to see the Pats twice a year.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Miami. Has the defensive personnel he wants. Just needs to unite the locker room. But he'd have to see the Pats twice a year.

Anywhere. Miami is a good fit too.

The guy is a winner and history is going to pound us for letting him go.