Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts Nation!  :)  Our  7-8 Indianapolis Colts are still both in the hunt for an NFL postseason playoff spot, and more importantly, a possible AFC South Division title for the fourth regular season in a row, as they host the 3-12 Tennessee Titans also both the Colts regular season and home game finale.              

If the Colts win, there is a 50-50 chance they might be playoff eligible, and finish their season record at 8-8. But that would mean three wins less, and three losses more, since finishing 11-5, and winning the AFC South divisional title the past three seasons.

Colts fate in winning heir regular season finale this  may fall in the responsibility and game performance  of free agent QB's Josh Freeman, and backups Ryan Lindley.   Colts also signed and promoted rookie Stephen Morris from their practice squad. Colts  three incumbent QB's that were on the opening day roster at the beginning of the season,  Andrew Luck, Matt Hasselbeck, and recently acquired David Whitehurst, all all inactive, at least for this afternoon.

A lot of scenarios may happen on Week 17. Colts should focus on their game and task at hand as the play the Titans at LOS. At the same time the Colts will have to hope that the Jaguars, and a few other AFC teams, can help the Colts have a shot at winning the AFC South title for their 2015 NFL season.

Chuck Pagano is also reportedly in his last game as  Head Coach of the Indianapolis Colts, and heading Sunday he owns a 40-23 record.  Pagano deserves credit for taking over after Jim Caldwell,  a Colts team finishing with a 2-14 record, and without the services of Peyton Manning because of his neck surgeries.   

Between the 2012 through 2014 NFL postseasons, the Colts advanced from the AFC Wild Card, Divisional Playoffs, but almost reached the Super Bowl through eventual champion New England Patriots, despite the alleged 'deflategate' scandal.  Current Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians lead the Colts to a 9-3 record between Weeks 5 through 16 of the Colts 2013 NFL regular season, while Coach Pagano's leukemia was on remission.

Indianapolis leads the all-time series over Tennessee with 28 wins and 14 losses after 42 games, including the 1999 AFC Divisional Game, where the Colts lost  16-19, and played at the RCA Dome.  Colts are on a current eight-game losing streak over the Colts, and are 13-1 since December 28, 2008. 

Titans fullback Jalston Fowler scored a touchdown for Tennessee with 47 seconds remaining in regulation, but their two-point run conversion attempt failed, and the Colts were able to hang on to win 35-33, in both teams last meeting last played in Nashville, back on September 27.

Andrew Catalon, former Jaguars, Raiders, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish QB Steve Beuerlein,  and former Buffalo Bills wide receiver and special teamer Steve Tasker, are announcing the live TV game commentary for the NFL On CBS, seen primarily in parts of Illinois, Kentucky, and Mississippi, and all of Tennessee and Indianapolis, including locally on WTTV CBS Channel 4, live on HD. 

Bob Lamey, our 'Voice Of The Colts,' and former Colts QB Jim Sorgi, are also announcing the live game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline/field reporter Matt Taylor, simulcast live on flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM, and WHLK 'The Hank' Country 97.1FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network.

Visiting Titans are wearing their white helmets, white jerseys and pants with blue and sky blue trim, while the Colts are wearing their white helmets, blue jerseys with white trim, and blue pants.

LOS's roof should be closed for Sunday afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because cloudy skies at 31 degrees, feels like 24 degrees, is the game forecast outside the stadium area    in Downtown Indianapolis, along with 0% precipitation, 69% humidity, and north/northwest winds at 8 miles per hour.

I would also like to thank Nadine the webmaster, 21is Superman, ColtsBlueFL, and the rest of the moderators for allowing me to start the Game Day Threads for both the past Colts 2015 preseason and regular season schedule.  I  like to also to give my thanks to all the Colts Fan Forum registered members, users, and the moderators again, along with myself, for participating both the Game Day Threads here on the Colts Fan Forum, and the online chat during Colts game.  I am ever privilaged and grateful and hope I am allowed to continue, with a more talented Colts team on the playing field in 2016!

Let's hope the Colts game with the Titans  won't be their last game of their 2015 NFL season, and advance into their postseason.  NO injuries, thanks for entertaining us on the playing field, and supporting Indianapolis this 2015-16 NFL regular season, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo:   :coltshelmet:   :blueshoe:   :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshorse:  :coltslogo:

Colts Vs. Titans Pre Game Press Release On Adobe PDF, And Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2015/gamerelease-reg17.pdf

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.titansonline.com/team/injury-report.html

Colts Vs. Titans Live NFL Game Centers, And NFL On CBS Regional TV Distribution Map In Gold:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2015/regular17

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016010305/2016/REG17/titans@colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.506sports.com/

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff as usual LOS and thanks once again for the GameDay Thread, but you wrote Texans instead of Titans in your last 2 paragraphs LOL. Just giving you a tough time. Hard to believe this is it folks! No more Colts Football until next season after tomorrow. This is going to be one interesting off season though. I think we will win this game 16-13 and finish the season at 8-8.

Oops! My big bad! I really appreciate the heads up 2006ColtsBestEver, really and sincerely. Just my one track mind typing these GDTs!   Not to confuse anyone here - Titans not Texans. One has it, the other has ex, both too dang similar!  I caught it early though, Thanks! Still, GO COLTS!!!!!

5 hours ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Oops! My big bad! I really appreciate the heads up 2006ColtsBestEver, really and sincerely. Just my one track mind typing these GDTs!   Not to confuse anyone here - Titans not Texans. One has it, the other has ex, both too dang similar!  I caught it early though, Thanks! Still, GO COLTS!!!!!

I almost didn't even say anything but I figured someone else might LOL, just appreciate the Threads every week. Go Colts!

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff as usual LOS and thanks once again for the GameDay Thread, but you wrote Texans instead of Titans in your last 2 paragraphs LOL. Just giving you a tough time. Hard to believe this is it folks! No more Colts Football until next season after tomorrow. This is going to be one interesting off season though. I think we will win this game 16-13 and finish the season at 8-8.

I cannot count how many times I have done that. :)  

Another great year for LOS!  Thank you!!:thmup::coltslogo:

Thanks again, LOS, for getting us off to a good start.  ...and if I have any say in things, your "contract" will be

renewed for 2016, haha.

I have no idea what to make of this game.  As bad as the Titans are, I still wonder if they can do the right thing and lose to our 4th and 5th string QB's??  Seems to be the mantra for the last 7 games, but our D needs to come

up big this game.  Any points they can score could be the difference.

Go COLTS!  All day, every day!!

2 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Let's root for the oline getting two more qb's killed today so we can see Pat throwing darts. Time to start another thread supporting the brilliant notion that stats prove our oline isn't a big problem.

I still want to see the 64 yard FG attempt.

MAKE

IT

HAPPEN!!!!

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Fleener has a tough time fighting for extra yardage.  Its not toughness, its lower body strength, IMO.

I dunno.  I see him get hit and either he falls or he just goes with the pressure.  I rarely see him turn up field

after contact and try to fall forward dragging a guy behind him.  I don't think he has it in him to fight for it.  Just my opinion, though.

You could very well be right.