Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaylon Smith Suffers "Significant" Knee Injury

I saw it happen and I strongly believe it is an ACL tear. It's not career threatening the way it was ten years ago. If he enters the draft this year the Colts better pick him at #17 if he is still available!!!! His talent is too great to pass up even if he rehabs his first season.

12 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

You guys think we should take him if he's there when we pick?  If he's still there in the second then we should totally take him but even with the injury, I doubt he slips past early second. He's a very special talent

Absolutely!! If he is still there at #17 we draft him and let him rehab the first season. 

13 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

I saw it happen and I strongly believe it is an ACL tear. It's not career threatening the way it was ten years ago. If he enters the draft this year the Colts better pick him at #17 if he is still available!!!! His talent is too great to pass up even if he rehabs his first season.

If we are to have a new HC or GM, that would put a lot of pressure on them to pick someone that can't immediately help/start in the first round. However; I agree with you. Pick him.

4 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

If we are to have a new HC or GM, that would put a lot of pressure on them to pick someone that can't immediately help/start in the first round. However; I agree with you. Pick him.

Yeah I can't recall the last time a guy that people know will have a redshirt rookie year was taken really high in the first round. Gurley went #10 overall but his time table was always pretty good.

On a side note though, researchers need to look at better ways to protect players knees. ACLs are being torn on the regular now at both levels.

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

If we trade back I think it might be ok. I can't see taking a guy that can't help this year in the top of the 1st. I love Smith but we need help now. We need to get an immediate impact player on D. 

I agree but if all the impact defensive players are gone by the Colts pick, I'd be in favor of taking Smith in the 1st, especially if Indy could trade down first.