Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Grigson / Pagano saga (merged)

Dustin

Think that Pags has been out coached badly at times but there is no doubt the players would run thru a wall for him. Does not seem to be a better motevater around.Maybe he needs some time to mature as a head coach same as players do ?? Also maybe some better position coachs would help.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, keep Pagano and fire Grigson. Newest report I just read said the info on Pagano being fired isn't true, or isn't being confirmed by Irsay. 

If this info is indeed true, Grigson needs to be gone Monday morning. Bring in someone that will allow the team and Pagano the ability to do as needed and not be a stand in because of just what the GM wants. 

1 hour ago, bleevit said:

Hey Jim Irsay...Fire Chuck at your own risk.  As I just read in Sporting News it is a shame to make Chuck pay for Grigson's obvious inexperience and blunders.  I for one will lose all faith in your judgement if you pull of this boneheaded move.  

Don't say that.  That might force Jim back to the bottle.

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

So, keep Pagano and fire Grigson. Newest report I just read said the info on Pagano being fired isn't true, or isn't being confirmed by Irsay. 

If this info is indeed true, Grigson needs to be gone Monday morning. Bring in someone that will allow the team and Pagano the ability to do as needed and not be a stand in because of just what the GM wants. 

Grigson being a egomaniac doesn't suddenly make Pagano a good coach. Both need to go.

Just now, Dustin said:

Grigson being a egomaniac doesn't suddenly make Pagano a good coach. Both need to go.

True, but if this report is accurate, then Pagano hasn't been able to coach like he wants or should. Which would mean you can't say he's bad if Grigson controlled everything. 

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

True, but if this report is accurate, then Pagano hasn't been able to coach like he wants or should. Which would mean you can't say he's bad if Grigson controlled everything. 

You can't fix stupid 

This is where I'm torn......on one hand Grigson has brought in a number of good players...free agency and draft (with some big misses too) but if he's been proven to have been meddling in who the coaches play then that's crossing the line....big time.....but then I would think it would be on Irsay to reign him in......I guess we ll see soon enough what the real truth is.

If they keep Grigson and get rid of Pagano, they'll lose half the locker room. 

Maybe all of this isn't true, but it's hard to believe that at least some of it isn't true. And the players see it. I'm fine with confrontation breeding production, but no cream has risen to the top of this mess. Grigson and Pagano look bad in the light of these persistent rumors, and it reflects poorly on Irsay. 

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I agree 100%. We all knew the issue with Pep, but all of this shows that Grigs cut Chuck's legs out from underneath him and made it impossible for him to coach effectively. No ability to discipline and Pep didn't answer to him at all? How can you coach when the players/Pep know you can't do anything if they don't listen/do their jobs. That breeds complacency and it shows in our performance.

I'd fire Grigs asap and give Pags at least 1 more season. Hopefully this info coming into public light will force Irsay's hand with Grigs. I can't imagine any coach worth anything would take a HC position knowing the GM will undermine everything you do.

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

So it's Pagano's fault that Grigson runs 95% of things how he wants? You don't think Jerry Jones controls the Cowboys and plays to an extent. Don't be like that. 

No, its Paganos fault he is a bad head coach with bad game management abilities.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

No, its Paganos fault he is a bad head coach with bad game management abilities.

Normally I agree with you, but this time I'm gonna have to disagree. If a president of a company doesn't allow his managers to run things a certain way, it isn't that managers fault. I understand what you're saying. I really do. But this report tells me Pagano deserves another shot with a different GM that isn't a control freak. 

Out of all of this I wonder how Andrew feels? He is our best player and Franchise QB. He may not want Pagano gone, so if Pagano goes he may not be happy at that point. I seriously doubt he speaks on the situation because he is so well mannered and it's not his nature to get involved in personnel decisions but maybe he should say something being the QB.

13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Did Grigson call that fake punt? 

Pagano may have felt pressure to do something outrageous in order to beat the one team the owner wants beaten so that he can prove that Grigson is being a hindrance instead of a help.

Seriously... I know you are really intelligent and have a real eye for football talent but you can't be so flippin arrogant that you eliminate all other perspectives.