Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Dolphins Game Day Thread

480 posts in this topic

Lol i haven't even watched the game but Ima assume toler gave up some big catches so I'm pulling for us to lose so we can fire the dumb butt coaches who allow him to start

Just now, Cynjin said:

Their entire Oline did not move, other than the snap.

Oh well. We won!

Good to see us finally get a win today !!  I'll take it  LOL

1 person likes this

Mathis keeps us alive. I actually think the Dolphins have the worse fanbase in the league so I am enjoying this extra today.

2 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

we still have a small chance at a playoff berth.  great win today guys esp gore and def

It comes down to strength of schedule if the Texans lose next week and we win so not sure as of now how it's going to pan out??

20 minutes ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

This is the saddest Colts season ever.

Then you must be about 15. I've seen scores of them far far worse.

1 person likes this

Great in by the Colts in Miami today winning there 18-12. But the Texans also defeated the Titans in Nashville 34-6, Looks like it will take the final week of the regular season for the Colts fate for both the postseason, and the AFC South title. Let's all enjoy this win the rest of this week, before the regular season finale, as our Colts host the Tennessee Titans at LOS. In the meantime, enjoy your week. Happy New Year everybody, and GO COLTS!!!!!   

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• it's kind of a win win though if we do have a bad season I won't be too upset and if we have a great season then that's awesome. unless we keep our coach and get like a late 20s pick cuz I mean we'd still get value but not as much maybe as a top 10 pick obviously. it's not as simple as just want a good season not this year. even though I always want the Colts to kick butt
    •   Denver won a superbowl with Brock Osweiler (plus a living corpse Manning). Osweiler (and Siemian both) looked a lot better under Kubiak's hand than any QB under O'Brians hand since he left Boston. Not to mention, O'Brian replaced Fitzpatrick with Hoyer, who was worse than his predecessor, then replaced Hoyer with Osweiler who also was worse than his predecessor. Imo, O'Brian couldn't install a system for his lesser talented QB's, which would've helped them use their strengths.   On the other hand, Pagano is a secondary coach. Let's see what he has done there? The Colts (Grigson) didn't draft a single player in the secondary in the first 3 years. Of the free agent additions: Davis become a first team all pro. Mike Adams made the pro bowl multiple times and played his best football over age 30 in Indy. Dwight Lowery had a decent year here, one of his best. Greg Toler wasn't good, but he played his best football in Indy. The Laron Landry project failed, but it failed more due to not being able to stay healthy, than production. (I didn't particularly like him though, but I can't say he was terrible when healthy.) Darius Butler become a decent player, having his best years of his carreer in Indy. Then, when the Colts finally decided to draft in the secondary: D'Joun Smith turned out to be a bust. Health issues again. Geathers became a fine player - sadly, health issues there again.  For T.J. Green, Hooker and Wilson the jury is still out. And they found Rashan Melvin off the streets. This is not bad at all. Most players, who stayed healthy, played their best in Indy. Of course talent matters. You can't make pro-bowlers out of journeymen.     Pagano's record is 15-7 at home and 13-14 on the road against coaches ahead of him. That's not a bad record considering that coaches ahead of him usually have better rosters under their control. (The numbers might be off by one or two here or there, due to coaching changes, etc. I might counted - or not counted - a game played against a previous coach. I also counted games against Harbaugh and Kubiak supposing they'd be in top10 being active. Anyway the true record must be close to the above.).   All in all, I think Pagano is right there where he belongs to after 3 winning plus 2 down seasons. Middle of the pack. But ..... I think, based on "potential", he is better than his current value. He is a top10 coach on my list.   I know many of you guys strongly disagree, but that's my honest opinion. There are better coaches in the NFL than him. But not many. So I really wish Pagano will prove himself in 2017. Aaand, if he fails and will be fired, then I cross my fingers that there will be at least one guy available of those "not many". (Yes, despite my belief that he is a fine coach, I agree that he has to go if he fails to prove himself. Because that's the right decision. But honestly, I'll be scared if that happens. It won't be easy to find a better guy. And there is always a chance to be ChipKelly-d....)  
    • Banner was up to 260Lbs He was at 253lbs for the combine with a goal of 245lbs. I thought that's what I read.  Walker adding 7 so he's back up over 240.    Wilson at 207lbs jumps out to me. We heard about "football shape" for him. He was 211lbs at the combine. You'd think him being in better shape would make him a blink quicker. If he's a little faster we may not get him. I'm excited to see this kid with Hooker on the back end. If we can get Geathers back we could have something.   
    •   And, wittness such a weird offseason. Giving up a fortune for Mahomes, letting Poe (+Howard) go then sign Bennie Logan for similar cash? Let Charles, Knile Davis go then sign C.J. Spiller? And finally, let Maclin go and not even try to do something with the WR depth. (There was Decker available for example....)   These remind me a bit of what happened in Philly when Chip Kelly took full control. He let McCoy go then signed Murray and Matthews to huge contracts, etc. Weird moves.   Reid is not Kelly, the old man is proven and good. But still.... something doesn't feel right for me there.
    • Even though this is Camp weight [nothing to get riled over] there are a few players that intrigued me weight wise. Hooker, Woods(23lbs is alot of weight), just to name a few
  • Members

• bradgt04

bradgt04 117

• SilentHill

SilentHill 2,640

• akcolt

akcolt 1,920

• Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair 782

• Zalazar Elijahh

Zalazar Elijahh 54

• Peterk2011

Peterk2011 38

• rock8591

rock8591 655

• lester

lester 76

• bababooey

bababooey 2,016

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 103

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.