Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"I'm gonna spend the next 16 years kickin yer ***"

DalTXColtsFan

I thought we were doing funny Peyton Manning quotes?

I think I could describe the perfect quarterback. Take a little piece of everybody. Take John Elway's arm, Dan Marino's release, maybe Troy Aikman's drop-back, Brett Favre's scrambling ability, Joe Montana's two-minute poise and, naturally, my speed.

11 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I thought we were doing funny Peyton Manning quotes?

I think I could describe the perfect quarterback. Take a little piece of everybody. Take John Elway's arm, Dan Marino's release, maybe Troy Aikman's drop-back, Brett Favre's scrambling ability, Joe Montana's two-minute poise and, naturally, my speed.

I would take Vicks scrambling abilty and Favre's toughness

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 3:37 PM, DalTXColtsFan said:

Anyone else find it funny that he said that but his record AGAINST the Colts is a paltry 1-3 including playoffs?

He said that back when he was drafted but for sure his losses to the Colts these few years have been brutal and will be part of his legacy. Twice he lost them to them when the Broncos were undefeated in the regular season and then the playoff loss at home and favorite last year.

On 12/24/2015 at 3:31 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Vick would depend on the Sunday. Favre's scrambling ability is criminally forgotten because so much of it ended up on the passing yardage stack when he scrambled then still made the throws. Tarkenton is also up there. Archie Manning? 

Favre's scramble is indeed sadly forgotten. 

Modern quarterbacks are almost always pocket passers with zero mobility whatsoever; Manning, Flacco, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc. 

Anyone that doubts Favre in his prime, needs to watch some old videos. The gunslinger ruled. 

Hmm last I checked Aaron Rodgers was pretty mobile when healthy, Obviously he aint no Michael Vick(Now or certainly not in Vicks prime) but he does have 2,144 yards rushing and 21 td's...5 yards a carry average for his career, He also has 313 this year with 2 games to go to break his career high.....He can torch ya when healthy with his legs

5 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I like how people make excuses for players who are always hurt then rip Favre for playing hurt.

Favre was one of those QBs who played well hurt. Same with Big Ben. Some guys can do it, some guys can't. But I don't ever remember Favre getting ripped for playing hurt. Just the opposite actually and that was because he played well despite injury.

On 12/24/2015 at 3:37 PM, DalTXColtsFan said:

Anyone else find it funny that he said that but his record AGAINST the Colts is a paltry 1-3 including playoffs?

With all due respect, this comment was made right before he was drafted by the Colts.

He helped make the Colts Relevant, competitive and helped to turn Indy into a football town, kicking other teams * along the way.  Had he gone somewhere else, and  had Indy taken Ryan Leaf instead, this comment absolutely would have rung true.

59 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

With all due respect, this comment was made right before he was drafted by the Colts.

He helped make the Colts Relevant, competitive and helped to turn Indy into a football town, kicking other teams * along the way.  Had he gone somewhere else, and  had Indy taken Ryan Leaf instead, this comment absolutely would have rung true.

Exactly...it was said prior to the 1998 draft in an interview with Polian and Irsay(I believe?).