Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tebow Reportedly Collects $250,000 Bonus For Each Playoff Win

bap1331

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825df79f/article/tebow-reportedly-collects-250000-bonus-for-each-playoff-win?module=HP11_headline_stack

Maybe more of a motivation to win against the Patriots? haha jk. We know hes not about the money!

All he needs is a victory against the Patriots, then the Ravens or Texans will eliminate him without a doubt. I do like the guy though. Just dont think they are Super Bowl Contender ready.

I think those types of incentives are common in QB contracts. They'll get a certain amount if they win a playoff game, or 2, So much more if they win a Super Bowl. So much more if they make a Pro Bowl. I could be wrong, but I think Vick's contract has similar clauses, which he's obviously not collecting on.

Ridiculous, if you ask me. This guy make $250 000 in 3 hours. He made almost $85 000 an hour. He made more in one hour than many make in a whole year. Sports contracts are ridiculous (here's lookin at you, Albert Pujols)

No no no..Getting paid $250k in 3 hours is fantastic......Paying $250k for 3 hours, thats the dumb one.....

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 11, 2012 - religious reference
Hidden by shecolt, January 11, 2012 - religious reference

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Maybe more of a motivation to win against the Patriots? haha jk. We know hes not about the money!

All he needs is a victory against the Patriots, then the Ravens or Texans will eliminate him without a doubt. I do like the guy though. Just dont think they are Super Bowl Contender ready.

God wanted him to be rich.....we should all send him our money

Ridiculous, if you ask me. This guy make $250 000 in 3 hours. He made almost $85 000 an hour. He made more in one hour than many make in a whole year. Sports contracts are ridiculous (here's lookin at you, Albert Pujols)

agreed sports contracts are way out of proportion and we end up paying for it in high $ for cable, tickets, merchandise, etc . . .

but relative to the rest of the league the 250k incentive is really only equal to 4 mil a year [16 games], which many players get . .. and as a prior poster mentioned incentives are common in contracts and to think the $ the broncos will get from another game, i can understand why the QB might get a 250k incentive . . .also it is kind of pay as you go . . .meaning they could of offer Tebow his salary plus 250k per year, or reduce it and then say we will give u the 250k only if you win is a playoff game . .. and what really is the different, in light of all the players contracts, between say 3.4 mill and 3.65 mll per year . . .

Please don't compare them to common people or jobs.Why should they take paycuts,just because 99% of everybody else makes less than they do?They have one responsibility,and that's to secure the future of their families...period.They don't owe us anything.Their job is to entertain us...that's all.It rubs me the wrong way whenever somebody says that("they should take paycuts,because we only make 12.50$ an hour at target or whatever...blah...blah...blah").I'm banking ALL OF YOU wouldn't take paycuts either,nor would you get upset for making 250,000$ for a single game.Let's keep it real...shall we?

Please don't compare them to common people or jobs.Why should they take paycuts,just because 99% of everybody else makes less than they do?They have one responsibility,and that's to secure the future of their families...period.They don't owe us anything.Their job is to entertain us...that's all.It rubs me the wrong way whenever somebody says that("they should take paycuts,because we only make 12.50$ an hour at target or whatever...blah...blah...blah").I'm banking ALL OF YOU wouldn't take paycuts either,nor would you get upset for making 250,000$ for a single game.Let's keep it real...shall we?

I never said he should take a paycut. I was simply commenting on some of the incredible inequality that can occur. I never said he should take a paycut, nor did I say it was Tebow's fault.