Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The weekly Johnathan Harrison sucks thread

RockThatBlue

Is there a worst center in the NFL compared to Harrison? 

He is flat out awful. Hasselbeck should file charges for attempted murder against Harrison for not protecting him. 

Harrison sucks so bad, I slapped a picture of him on my vacuum and it began working again.

Things that suck more than Johnathan Harrison:

1. Nothing

2.Nothing

3. Toler.

4. Nothing.

And I thought Samson Satele was bad. If Jeff Saturday taught us anything, it's that if you look in the right places, you can find talented o-linemen who went undrafted. You'd think Grigson would be an o-lineman expert, knowing his pedigree, but nope.

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

And I thought Samson Satele was bad. If Jeff Saturday taught us anything, it's that if you look in the right places, you can find talented o-linemen who went undrafted. You'd think Grigson would be an o-lineman expert, knowing his pedigree, but nope.

That what you get from a guy who was drafted in the 6th round and never really started

5 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

1 hour ago, James said:

I dont get it. He should be one of the best considering his physical skillset. It's far better than Saturday, Shipley. Holmes, Satele, but he is the worst lf the bunch (not named Satele)

I wonder how much of this is poor position coaching? This would be indicated by poor technique, and confusion caused by trying to think instead of reading, doing and reacting. Example, bad snaps caused by thinking about what you're going to do next. No time for thinking from 2 seconds before the ball is snapped - just all muscle memory and training.

38 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

I wonder how much of this is poor position coaching? This would be indicated by poor technique, and confusion caused by trying to think instead of reading, doing and reacting. Example, bad snaps caused by thinking about what you're going to do next. No time for thinking from 2 seconds before the ball is snapped - just all muscle memory and training.

That's a good question.  I have come to be more on the side of poor coaching than a lack of talent.

The thing is I don't think Holmes is much better.  This team just doesn't have a NFL level center.  Honestly if they fix that hole then this line will probably be pretty good.  They could upgrade the right side of the line too but Thonrton and Reitz have played better than I expected them too.  The left side is set with Castonzo and Mewhort. 

2 hours ago, James said:

I dont get it. He should be one of the best considering his physical skillset. It's far better than Saturday, Shipley. Holmes, Satele, but he is the worst lf the bunch (not named Satele)

Proof that physical skillset isn't everything.  Work and desire are far more important every day of the week.

8 hours ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

He is flat out awful. Hasselbeck should file charges for attempted murder against Harrison for not protecting him. 

Harrison sucks so bad, I slapped a picture of him on my vacuum and it began working again.

1. Nothing

2.Nothing

3. Toler.

4. Nothing.

This line is absolutely hilarious.  

Yes Harrison is terrible.  Some of the Harrison apologiist (yes I'm talking abut you GoColts8818 :) ) act like it's not just Harrison but that he is just the best of what the Colts have but I don't see that.  Holmes has been significantly better than Harrison every time he's played.  When the starting line was AC, Mewhort, Holmes, Thornton, Reitz you could see the line playing well, it was noticiable, the RBs were getting good yardage, Luck had enough time in the pocket to get to have the honor of being the QB to lead the NFL in how long it took to get rid of the ball (not a good thing for a QB but shows the line wasn't always or even mostly the problem.

Was Holmes great?  No but he was good and he was improving and he showed the skills to become a very good center in the league.

with harrison the other LBers have to laugh, they know to get a sack all they have to do is spread out the line and put two LBers over Harrison, nudge one of them closer to the line and then when Harrison snaps he will fire out at the closest one (as he drops back into coverage) and leave a gaping hole for the other LB to run through untouched and have a nice clean shot at the QB.

Even at the grade level  coach, if a kid makes a mistake like that, he is no longer the starter until he proves not to make it again, yet Harrison has been doing it for 2 seasons now and still trots out there with the starting group.  It is unbelievable to me.

I might be a wee-bit biased, but the Colts need to take a HARD look at Austin Blythe (C) out of Iowa in this year's draft. Would be a hell of a steal for a 2nd/3rd round pick. Dude is an absolute mauler and a workhorse. Iowa lineman, especially one as highly regarded as Austin, typically do VERY well transitioning to the NFL.

Check out his highlight video. https://twitter.com/ChrisRuthIOWA/status/666773079620620288

The play where Hasselbeck got  hurt was a simple three man rush.  The LB spun towards Mewhort' s side (who was double teaming the DE with AC), away from Thornton and simply just went around Harrison.

Any other center the Colts have rostered the past 4 years would have been able to step to his left quick enough to at least slow down the rusher.  No way should a QB get creamed...within 3 seconds...from a three-man rush. 

5 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

That what you get from a guy who was drafted in the 6th round and never really started

He went to a very competitive football school. U Florida .

He started all 12 games in his senior year.

He went undrafted and was signed by the Colts after that draft.

IMO.. I agree that he is not an NFL caliber starting center .

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Proof that physical skillset isn't everything.  Work and desire are far more important every day of the week.

I don't buy that this is about work and desire.  You assume that they don't work hard and don't play hard.  this is about coaching and technique

I think the Center position is as much mental as any other position on the field. Something isn't clicking with Harrison and it never has. I've never thought highly of him as a football player but I can't stand it anymore. The list of reasons that Grigson should be gone are a lot longer than the list for him to stay. If he returns next year, I'm going to have serious thoughts about not renewing my season tickets for the first time in over 15 years.

Yeah, I don't really get the Harrison thing.  The running attack was coming along with Holmes at center.  Then they switch to Harrison and all down hill. I know there has been injuries but he seems dominated in every game.  Too slow footed to stop A gab consistently. I never see the great power he supposed to have.  And makes mental errors.  Not sure what this guy has on Grigson or Pagano to be playing.

Yeah, I noticed that with AQ as well.  Tough guy.  He does play next to two pretty good guards in Arizona.  Cards are my second favorite team and I watch them each week when Colts aren't playing at same time.  I guess I have to say I am just tired of this setup the Colts have.  I like Pagano, but when they seem to never adjust to game plans and guys like Harrison keep getting put back on the field, something has to change.

5 hours ago, James said:

No he isn't.

This is an illusion that fans have created to justify why the coaches would put him in over the others.  I don't have an answer as to why he is there but he is one of the worst centers I've seen play in quite some time.

4 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Except the fact that Holmes was performing at about 4 times the center Harrison has even hoped to show.  And when Holmes was in the lineup we had an actual functioning oline that didn't have gaping holes inviting defenders to have a party on our QB's face...  If it is indeed coaching (which I'm not the biggest fan of this Oline coach btw)  then you would see the same mental mistakes from both centers.  But no Harrison just stands alone in his stature of awfulness.

The oline coach does need to be replaced but not for Harrison.  Harrison has created an ample profile for himself to not get work on any team in the league. 

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yes Harrison is terrible.  Some of the Harrison apologiist (yes I'm talking abut you GoColts8818 :) ) act like it's not just Harrison but that he is just the best of what the Colts have but I don't see that.  Holmes has been significantly better than Harrison every time he's played.  When the starting line was AC, Mewhort, Holmes, Thornton, Reitz you could see the line playing well, it was noticiable, the RBs were getting good yardage, Luck had enough time in the pocket to get to have the honor of being the QB to lead the NFL in how long it took to get rid of the ball (not a good thing for a QB but shows the line wasn't always or even mostly the problem.

Was Holmes great?  No but he was good and he was improving and he showed the skills to become a very good center in the league.

with harrison the other LBers have to laugh, they know to get a sack all they have to do is spread out the line and put two LBers over Harrison, nudge one of them closer to the line and then when Harrison snaps he will fire out at the closest one (as he drops back into coverage) and leave a gaping hole for the other LB to run through untouched and have a nice clean shot at the QB.

Even at the grade level  coach, if a kid makes a mistake like that, he is no longer the starter until he proves not to make it again, yet Harrison has been doing it for 2 seasons now and still trots out there with the starting group.  It is unbelievable to me.

I couldn't help but burst into laughter during the Jags game yesterday.  Holmes took a bite at a defender mid swim and the defender literally just stopped and looked at him while another LB went right past Harrison.  It was the worst bit of oline play I had seen since high school... and sadly all I could do was laugh.  My wife thought I was going insane...

2 hours ago, Smash Mouth said:

I don't buy that this is about work and desire.  You assume that they don't work hard and don't play hard.  this is about coaching and technique

I have no idea how hard he works or doesn't work all I was saying hardwork desire mean more than just raw physical skill.  

2 hours ago, Surge89 said:

I couldn't help but burst into laughter during the Jags game yesterday.  Holmes took a bite at a defender mid swim and the defender literally just stopped and looked at him while another LB went right past Harrison.  It was the worst bit of oline play I had seen since high school... and sadly all I could do was laugh.  My wife thought I was going insane...

Did you mean Harrison took a bit...?

Ad it's not just the Jags game, it's every game Harrison has played.  They even did it to him in the preseason.  It is pretty much laughable at this phase.

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Its unbelievable that he's on an NFL team, let alone a starter. 

8 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I would hardly call me a Harrison apoglist.  I've been saying for weeks I don't think either Harrison or Holmes are good enough and they are just flipping between them when ones flaws become so obvious they go to the other.  This team absolutely needs a center more than any poistion on the oline.  

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Did you mean Harrison took a bit...?

Ad it's not just the Jags game, it's every game Harrison has played.  They even did it to him in the preseason.  It is pretty much laughable at this phase.

haha yea...  sorry I was on the phone I meant Harrison.

Oh I know but it was just so blatantly embarrassing I couldn't help myself. When I explained myself even my wife had a good laugh.  

On 12/21/2015 at 0:32 AM, LuckIsAwesome said:

1. Nothing

2.Nothing

3. Toler.

4. Nothing.

:funny: