Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bababooey

Derrick Henry wins Heisman

Recommended Posts

Watson was the best college football player this year. McCaffery could have had 10,000 all purpose yards and he still shouldn't have been a finalist. Sorry, but playing in the worst conference in the P-5, especially the worst defensively, makes it VERY hard, in my opinion, to be considered one of the best players in college football. The 3 games outside of the Pac-12 he was VERY average. Henry was practically given the award, to which he shouldn't have gotten it either, but hey, they have to make sure Alabama gets some kind of award this year because they won't beat Oklahoma or Clemson. I would love to see Michigan State upset them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Watson was the best college football player this year. McCaffery could have had 10,000 all purpose yards and he still shouldn't have been a finalist. Sorry, but playing in the worst conference in the P-5, especially the worst defensively, makes it VERY hard, in my opinion, to be considered one of the best players in college football. The 3 games outside of the Pac-12 he was VERY average. Henry was practically given the award, to which he shouldn't have gotten it either, but hey, they have to make sure Alabama gets some kind of award this year because they won't beat Oklahoma or Clemson. I would love to see Michigan State upset them.

Would you believe me if I told you I got a pic with Watson Saturday night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Would you believe me if I told you I got a pic with Watson Saturday night?

 

I don't have a reason not to..

 

I think the kid has Cam Newton 2.0 written all over him. Again, I think the kid, without a doubt, was the best football player in the nation. You could see how good he was going to be before he got hurt last year. I don't think he's draft eligible this year due to his age, but with another year under his belt in college, I would be highly surprised if he's not the #1 pick in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

I don't have a reason not to..

 

I think the kid has Cam Newton 2.0 written all over him. Again, I think the kid, without a doubt, was the best football player in the nation. You could see how good he was going to be before he got hurt last year. I don't think he's draft eligible this year due to his age, but with another year under his belt in college, I would be highly surprised if he's not the #1 pick in 2017.

I am definitely rooting for him in the orange bowl and the national championship. I told him I guess he has to win the big one now. He did have a very high amount of votes for 3rd place, I think like second or third most all time in terms of 3rd place. and McCaffrey had 9th highest finish for a runner up. Henry was on 80% of the ballots this year compared to Mariota on 96% or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I am definitely rooting for him in the orange bowl and the national championship. I told him I guess he has to win the big one now. He did have a very high amount of votes for 3rd place, I think like second or third most all time in terms of 3rd place. and McCaffrey had 9th highest finish for a runner up. Henry was on 80% of the ballots this year compared to Mariota on 96% or so.

 

Even though I am a Buckeye fan, I will root for Michigan State. If it were Michigan, that's another story haha. I really wouldn't mind seeing any of them win EXCEPT for Alabama. The SEC was so overrated this year, and I don't really think they are one of the 4 best teams, but the SEC bias will always find it's way in. They moved Oklahoma to 4 just so Alabama would have a better shot at making the title game. The committee knew that Oklahoma would more than likely beat Bama in their first game, so they jumped Michigan State ahead. That's why I'm really pulling for MSU now. Oklahoma and Clemson would have made for an awesome National Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2015 at 4:17 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Even though I am a Buckeye fan, I will root for Michigan State. If it were Michigan, that's another story haha. I really wouldn't mind seeing any of them win EXCEPT for Alabama. The SEC was so overrated this year, and I don't really think they are one of the 4 best teams, but the SEC bias will always find it's way in. They moved Oklahoma to 4 just so Alabama would have a better shot at making the title game. The committee knew that Oklahoma would more than likely beat Bama in their first game, so they jumped Michigan State ahead. That's why I'm really pulling for MSU now. Oklahoma and Clemson would have made for an awesome National Championship.

Alabama DOMIMATES the line of scrimmage on both sides. On D they have 46 sacks!!! They rotate about 10 different D linemen and keep guys fresh so they keep coming. And you already know Mich State isn't gonna be able to run the ball. That's a given pretty much. Alabama stonewalled Fournette and shut him down, so I don't think Mich State will do much of anything on the ground. And if Bama knows that, they are just gonna bring the heat hot and heavy. And theres not too many if any offensive lines that can hamdle them when they do. So Connor Cook is gonna have to have a fantastic game for  Mich State just to have a chance.  Then on D they have to contain and stop Derrick Henry for 60 min. Good Luck!!! btw I'm not a Bama fan. I just see that Bama is the strongest team by far where it really matters most, and that is in the trenches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCaffrey with another incredible performance against Iowa. I still think he was robbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, snkdy said:

McCaffrey with another incredible performance against Iowa. I still think he was robbed.

No he wasn't.. He played in the "defenseless" Pac-12 and played against an overrated Iowa team.. Quite a few backs out east would have been better than him had they gotten to play against the nonsense conference all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

No he wasn't.. He played in the "defenseless" Pac-12 and played against an overrated Iowa team.. Quite a few backs out east would have been better than him had they gotten to play against the nonsense conference all year.

 

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I think McCaffrey is an all-around better player, especially when you take his receiving/returning yards into account. And breaking Sanders' record is no joke either (otherwise someone else would have done it before now). I don't think we're a "nonsense" conference. The Pac 12 is improving every year and we're doing pretty well in this bowl series (about to be 7-2, second only to the SEC). Oregon is destroying TCU as I write this lol. I think Stanford or even Oregon would have competed in an expanded playoff scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snkdy said:

 

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I think McCaffrey is an all-around better player, especially when you take his receiving/returning yards into account. And breaking Sanders' record is no joke either (otherwise someone else would have done it before now). I don't think we're a "nonsense" conference. The Pac 12 is improving every year and we're doing pretty well in this bowl series (about to be 7-2, second only to the SEC). Oregon is destroying TCU as I write this lol. I think Stanford or even Oregon would have competed in an expanded playoff scenario.

 

TCU with no QB is right there with Oregon.. It's a B*S* conference.. Ohio State would have killed Stanford in the Rose Bowl.. Iowa had no business playing in that game. 

 

It's soft football..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2016 at 6:22 PM, snkdy said:

McCaffrey with another incredible performance against Iowa. I still think he was robbed.

He was robbed for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.