Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody Else Switched On Eli?

oldunclemark

For me, I was anti-Eli Manning pre-Super Bowl XLII. Going into that season, I never expected the Giants to even make the playoffs. I thought Eli was going to regress, I was among the many thinking that Coughlin lost the players and that the players quit on Coughlin, and that the whole team was a mess from the top down.

I became an Eli fan after the Super Bowl. I get a lot of Giants games on FOX where I live, mostly because of the historical following of the Giants in New England (and since FOX does NFC games, the closest NFC team to us is the Giants). It's really fun watching Eli and the Giants now, and Brandon Jacobs is probably my favorite RB to watch on a given day (his strength is awesome, I love him barreling over defensive players and dragging them through for an additional 5+ yards.

My gripe about Eli and the Giants is that it seems like that the tone of their offense is set on their first play. If Eli throws a strike to a wide open WR on the numbers and then the WR drops the pass, the Giants' offense never seems to click for the rest of the game.

Anyhow, as I said, I enjoy watching them play. They are a pretty good team IMO, but the three other teams in the NFC playoffs are all playing out of their minds right now.

Not really. I think he had a good year but he has had plenty of horrible ones.

I'm not ready to call him an elite quarterback yet on one good year.

Manning, Brady, and Brees are the elite with Rodgers maybe knocking on the door.

Eli and Rivers are in the next tier below them, better than Roethlisberger and Romo but not in the top group.

I think Rogers is already elite and would take him over anybody in the league which stinks cause I can't stand him but he does things that no other qb can do. He has no flaws

Obviously, I can never root for Eli as long as he wears that jersey, aside from 2 games against Dallas every year, in which case, the Giants become my second favorite team for the day, but he is undoubtedly the best QB in the division, and with him cutting his turnovers down this season, he has had a terrific season.

Obviously, I can never root for Eli as long as he wears that jersey, aside from 2 games against Dallas every year, in which case, the Giants become my second favorite team for the day, but he is undoubtedly the best QB in the division, and with him cutting his turnovers down this season, he has had a terrific season.

Exactly how I felt about the Eagles when they played the Cowboys this year, lol. Do you think Vick is going to bounce back next year or have defenses figured him out compared to his success last year?

Exactly how I felt about the Eagles when they played the Cowboys this year, lol. Do you think Vick is going to bounce back next year or have defenses figured him out compared to his success last year?

I think Vick is basically a "what you see is what you get" type of player. I think he's a much better QB than what he was in Atlanta, but I don't know he'll ever be the dynamic player he was to start the 2010 season when he was in the running for MVP honors. I'm not the worlds biggest Andy Reid fan, but he is usually good with QB's so I think Vick will always be a good player as long as Reid is his coach, but I don't think he'll ever be much more. It would not bother me if we used our first round pick on a QB. Vick isn't our biggest problem, but he's not the solution either.