Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The weekly Greg Toler sucks thread

RockThatBlue

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Blue said:

CB should be one of our top priorities after rush LBer.  As bad as our O-line played tonight, Matt didn't make it any easier so I'm sticking with a strong defensive draft in 2016 if we ever want to win games consistently but this team is full of holes.

OLine is, without a doubt, our biggest concern. Our franchise QB, and now backup, are getting slaughtered behind this line. Our TEs are having to stay in for protection and havnt been a factor is the passing game like they should be. 

This team is so under-talented it's not even funny. I know there have been injuries, but most of these players had injury question marks when they were acquired. Greg Toler looks like a guy who shouldn't be on an NFL roster, Lance Louis is absolutely terrible, I'm not sure Jonothon Harrison would play for any other team, outside of Langford there is very little skill up front. Trent Cole and Andre Johnson look like guys who came to Indianapolis to get a paid retirement. It's laughable that so many people projected this team as a Super Bowl contender in the preseason. Hey, at least we signed some big names though.

You know what phrase I haven't heard in a while? "We should have drafted Peters" 

Maybe it's time to bring that back... Lol.. just some humor because I ranted once about the "we should have drafted so and so" threads 

Seriously, though... Toler sucks... and has for quite some time.  We need to draft a CB high next year... and an edge rusher, and an OG... 

How many 1st round picks do we have? 

Still think we play a home playoff game, though... 

9 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

OLine is, without a doubt, our biggest concern. Our franchise QB, and now backup, are getting slaughtered behind this line. Our TEs are having to stay in for protection and havnt been a factor is the passing game like they should be. 

I don't see it.  Matt had open "hots" all over the field tonight that he failed to see.  Play back the game and you'll see what I mean.  With Gore running as well as he was tonight play-action should have been a beast but I didn't see them fake a hand off even once.  Our entire game plan should have been based around short-yardage throws to free up the intermediate/deeper routes but we only saw that when we were 3rd and short. This game was NOT called well on the offensive side.  Any what the heck was with the delay of game nonsense...how do you not know the stadium is going to be loud.      

One other thing.  Andrew slaughtered himself by holding the ball way too long and trying to play running back. 

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Heres my question.  Why do they keep him in?  Why not at least give Smith or Butler an opportunity?  Can they really be any worse?  I mean those times Toler got burnt, it wasn't even close.

Toler gets burned more than Toast does. Toler couldn't cover people in wheel chairs or in crutches.

Speaking of guys that aren't playing well....Mathis hasn't been. At all. The once feared pass rusher has been pretty invisible this season. I chalked the early season up to him getting back into game shape and the like, but it is week 13 and he hasn't been the same by a long shot. Hate to say it bc I love him, but it's time to find his replacement...

1 minute ago, cmgww said:

Speaking of guys that aren't playing well....Mathis hasn't been. At all. The once feared pass rusher has been pretty invisible this season. I chalked the early season up to him getting back into game shape and the like, but it is week 13 and he hasn't been the same by a long shot. Hate to say it bc I love him, but it's time to find his replacement...

He tries to find the longest route to the QB.

He's just undersized (and old) in today's NFL.

I know he reads the forums too every once in awhile.

I like the guy, but he has not been good at all.

1 minute ago, cmgww said:

Their LT destroyed him all night. Mathis looked like the basketball equivalent of Kobe this season

5 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Heres my question.  Why do they keep him in?  Why not at least give Smith or Butler an opportunity?  Can they really be any worse?  I mean those times Toler got burnt, it wasn't even close.

He actually was close. That's what's so irritating. He fails miserably to find the ball when it's in the air, and gets beat at the point of attack almost every time. He's turning into Cassius "Neck Brace" Vaughn. And then he fails to make the tackle.

42 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Butler is God awful outside. Buffalo game showed that

Grigson had Xavier Rhodes but he'd rather take a unknown DE and hope he can play OLB 

:sigh:

im just about done with toler. i think hes way overdue for being gone and hope it happens after this season. that being said i hope the team goes for cb in the 1st/2nd. i havent been a fan of FA signings, cause i think the most importnat thing on the football field is chemistry. its easier to teach a young dog new tricks

22 minutes ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

Mike Adams called out Toler and Vontae in his post game interview. Said them both by name and said they didn't make plays.  He said he himself didn't make plays either, but sounded angry at Davis and Toler.

Well Toler stinks and that won't change but Davis got torn up by Brown tonight and while I didn't expect Davis to have the year he had last year he hasn't been close to the same shutdown corner he was.

what I don't understand is why they stay in the zone.  At the start of the year they had to due to all the injuries I get that but the corners have been healthy for a while now and they stay in zone even though it keeps get picked apart.  Go back to the man.  

Also the fact that the Steelers ever got match ups with Brown being covered by Toler or Butler tonight is inexcusable.  If Davis is the shutdown corner he is paid like and has played like he has to take that matchup all night and win it.  I know other guys made plays on Toler and Butler and Brown ate Davis up but I still saw the Steelers getting Brown on our number two, number three, and one play a Linebbacker.  That can't happen.  

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I wished they had played Smith in the late third/fourth to at least see what he looks like because it's clear as day Toller couldn't cover a statue.

Very good point, at that point it's not like it would have mattered even if he did get burned a few times.  The guy needs reps.  

24 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Butler is God awful outside. Buffalo game showed that

Grigson had Xavier Rhodes but he'd rather take a unknown DE and hope he can play OLB 

:sigh:

They do have Smith who they could go to, I wish they had after Toler got burned so bad on the TD catch to just one see what he's got and two send a message to Toler, nothing else has worked with at this point so maybe benching him would.

As for Werner he wasn't unknown he was the defensive player of the year in the ACC.  It's not like he was back up at Mars Hill or something.  Still it was a miss and him being a miss is the problem with the defense,. He was drafted to be the pass rusher of the future for this team and they don't have one.  You could have the best secondary in the NFL and if you get no pass rush like the Colts sooner or later it's going to break down and QBs are going to make plays.  The Colts need a pass rusher on defense this off-season above all else.