Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Manning Now the #2 ?

dw49

5 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

I think what he meant to write is "Will Peyton win # 2?"

what at foresight this guy has:)

I think what he should've said is, will Peyton go down as the #2 QB of all-time? I don't think anyone is better than Montana but after that to me it's Brady, PEYTON, Elway, Unitas - regarding these 4 just throw their names in a bag and draw. Cant go wrong with any of them.

On December 4, 2015 at 4:51 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

I respect your opinion of Peyton over Brock, and I never said I disagreed with it either. I mean for crying out loud he's only started like 2 games lifetime.

However, my point was that if HC Kubiak THINKS Brock gives him the best chance to win he shouldn't be blamed for starting Brock regardless of what accomplishments and respect Peyton has earned in his career.

Thanks LJ. I respect your perspective as well. It's all good & thankfully, the Broncos are World Champions yet again. Life is good. 

On 12/2/2015 at 2:36 PM, Bogie said:

I really like Brock, he has been great in his two starts. If they started Manning for this game, no doubt the Pats would have blown them out in a very ugly game. 

Brock is far more consistent than Manning has been all year. I think the Broncos would be absolutely insane to go back to Manning in the end after how well Brock has played. I can see it happening though, given Manning's ego, he's going to fight in the end, and probably will end up starting in the playoffs and they'll have one very ugly game sending them one and done like last year. 

Really nailed it with these comments...

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 11:57 AM, dw49 said:
Brock Osweiler - QB -  Broncos

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports "barring any significant changes" Brock Osweiler will be the Broncos' starting quarterback the remainder of the season for "however long it goes."

The Broncos' official Twitter account immediately shot down the report, saying "no decision has been made beyond this week, contrary to speculation from Bleacher Report." Cole left the door ajar for Peyton Manning (foot) to retake the job if Osweiler "struggles significantly." But based on the way the offense has played since Osweiler's insertion and Manning's league-high 17 interceptions, it'd be awfully tough to go back to the 39-year-old.

I would tend to agree with Cole but I wonder how things like this get written . I'm thinking he had no official word on this.

Well, once Peyton healed enough to suit up, it took just over a half of football to get his job back.