Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How mnay total yards rushing?

oldunclemark

That's the only disappointing thing about today's game.

Got to run well at Pittsburgh..tough to win a shootout with those guys

We are not going to be able to run on the Steelers. You have to keep them honest but the passing game working is what gives the Colts a chance to win. The Seahawks got their win in the air. Wilson threw for 5 TDs. The Seahawks had one rushing TD that was a 1 yard run.

That's the only disappointing thing about today's game.

Got to run well at Pittsburgh..tough to win a shootout with those guys

doesn't tampa have like the number 2 rush defense in the league?  I forget if its their Offense that's number 2 rushing or their defense against the run....

Tackling Gore at his ankles and he goes down like a dead weight. Rashad was not much help. Where was Boom Herron?

As do most guys when they are running.   Ankle tackles are more successful than most other tackles when a runner is in the open field.  

Gore just couldn't quite get away.   Tamps was really getting penetration though.   Glad they didn't stop running Gore though.   

13 yards total at the half. Tackling Gore at his ankles and he goes down like a dead weight. Rashad was not much help. Where was Boom Herron?

I think Gore is still hobbled.  He gets up very slow and seems to walk gingerly sometimes.  He also has older bones I realize but I just think he is playing hurt because that's the way he is, he wants to help the team and he doesn't want to complain about injuries because he is a warrior (last few of a dying breed).  Once he hits the ice tank and gets some treatment, he will eventually be good... but only with sitting out a week or so.  We need fresh legs in there and I think Boom and Bradshaw could carry the load at Pittsburgh. If we gain 60 yards, I think we would call that a success.

We are not going to be able to run on the Steelers. You have to keep them honest but the passing game working is what gives the Colts a chance to win. The Seahawks got their win in the air. Wilson threw for 5 TDs. The Seahawks had one rushing TD that was a 1 yard run.

The hawks had 100 yards rushing as well

90% of the Buccs rushing yards were in the first half.  Martin had two good runs to start the game followed by a 60 yard run in the 2nd qtr.  The Colts stuffed the run in the second half.  Now for the Colts, Gore couldn't get loose for anything and Bradshaw had the best run of the day of like 7 yards.  The run game needs to pick it up and I think that happens when Anthony C comes back.  It'll be better imo.

Top run defense with one of the best DT in the NFL. It was bound to happen. But got the win. Hilton had like 20 yards last week be Atlanta still won

Some are gonna have down games. Just win

Cant be held to 29 yards rushing by anyone...just cant

Tampa has a high rated run defense because everyone throws on them. Numbers lie sometimes

If it makes you guys feel better, Tampa Bay held the Cowboys and their All Pro offensive line to about the same numbers on the ground a couple weeks ago. The big difference was that our backup QB is better than their backup QB.

Tama has good numbers against the run because they give up a lot in the air...

...as we saw Sunday....

Lets be honest..we didn't run poorly because of Tanpa. We consistently run the ball poorly.

It MUST improve this week at Pittsburgh..we have to win time of possession...especially if Ben plays