Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cole and Irving

indyagent17

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wondering why they've had Sio Moore inactive?

Their treatment of Sio has confused me.  On the one hand, I kind of understand why he hasn't seen a ton of snaps, which was discussed in another thread a while back.  Basically, the Colts appear intent on sticking with Freeman, which I'm okay with.  With respect to Jackson, he's the play caller and logistically, you're not going to take him out and stick in a guy who's been with the team for only a couple months.  That doesn't leave a ton of snaps to go to Moore.  But inactive?  It has to be health or depth (i.e. we're getting thin at quite a few positions these days).

Irving just hasn't played much and has been hurt quite a bit as I recall.

Cole hasn't been Dwight Freeney that's for sure, but I don't think he's been a bust either.  Maybe in their new rush package where he lines up inside, he might be more productive.

On November 30, 2015 at 8:16:19 PM, ColtsLegacy said:

Cole hasn't been half as bad as the forum makes him out to be. He has created a lot of pressure, just hasn't finished. Plus, he's a good run defender, which is taken for granted.

You mean to tell me sacks are not the only measure of a DE/OLB success?

On 11/30/2015, 7:16:19, ColtsLegacy said:

Cole hasn't been half as bad as the forum makes him out to be. He has created a lot of pressure, just hasn't finished. Plus, he's a good run defender, which is taken for granted.

I disagree.  That has been my biggest complaint about Cole is he has not been creating much pressure at all.  In 11 games he has 10 hurries.  In the running game he's been pretty much a non factor with only 24 tackles and 6 stuffs for -7 yards.

I think that is bad play.