Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cyber Monday Mock draft

1.Ezekiel Elliott 6'0 225lbs OSU.(RB)

We seen this before BPA.  In a lousy division we may not get another shot of pairing Luck with his version of the edge. Elliott has nice vision and is a willing to give body up in pass protection.The beautiful thing is he has alot of tread left on his tires getting about 15 rushes a game in college. Next year playoffs time we may have a 3 headed monster with Gore Elliott and Bradshaw.

2. Noah Spence 6'3 260lbs EKU/OSU (OLB)

Our defense need pass rushing bad. Spencer has done well on the field at Ohio state and has dominated at the level he is at now. He only falls because he was kicked out of Ohio State but we found some success with former Ohio State J Newsome.

3. Dan Voltz 6'3 310lbs Wisconsin (Center)

The center is the only player to touch the ball as much as the QB. We get a tough center who is able to open up holes.

4. Deon Bush 6'1 205lbs The U (FS)

A long lengthy FS we can pair with Geathers.  He is scheme versatile and a willing tackler.  He can contribute right away on special teams.

5. Terrance Smith 6'4 230lbs FSU (ILB)

Colts we really have a need for a ILB who can cover TEs. He has room to add weight to his frame and hands like a safety.  He makes a feel good story because his father played for the Colts also.

6. Roberto Aguayo 6'1 200lbs FSU (Kicker)

Yes he is a kicker but we take for granted special teams because ours is so great. Look at Jacksonville and Pittsburgh who are just a few teams who has lost games this season because of kickers. We bring in FSU all time leading scorer and he is pretty automatic. Paying him on a rookie scale for 4 years saves us a pretty penny when you compare the cost of the great Vinny.

7. Silverberry Mouhon 6'4 245lbs Cincinnati (OLB) 

Speed rusher development project.

Free Agents pick up

Isaiah Battle- Should be a swing tackle with Reitz but will be future T.  He is currently on the Rams practice squad.

Ronald Leary- Should be starting RG

Courtney Upshaw- he has been deemed a bus at OLBt but I think he can be in the rotation at DE.

Bruce Irvin- Steps in as our best pass rusher

Trumaine Johnson- Replaces Toler

Key losses

Dwayne Allen

D Jackson

Vinny

Andre Johnson

Greg Toler

Matt Hasselbeck

Coach

Kyle Shanahan

Like  his father he uses a zone running  game. He will have a many toys to play with on the offensive side of the ball. A very creative offensive mind that should help Luck take the next step.

Offensive coordinator

Tom Cable

A no nonsense hard working  blue collar  type of coach. He will help develop our line and hopefully do wonders for our young RB like he has done in Seattle.

Defense coordinator

Ray Horton

Great defensive mind we maybe able to steal away from Tennessee

1.Ezekiel Elliott 6'0 225lbs OSU.(RB)

We seen this before BPA.  In a lousy division we may not get another shot of pairing Luck with his version of the edge. Elliott has nice vision and is a willing to give body up in pass protection.The beautiful thing is he has alot of tread left on his tires getting about 15 rushes a game in college. Next year playoffs time we may have a 3 headed monster with Gore Elliott and Bradshaw.

2. Noah Spence 6'3 260lbs EKU/OSU (OLB)

Our defense need pass rushing bad. Spencer has done well on the field at Ohio state and has dominated at the level he is at now. He only falls because he was kicked out of Ohio State but we found some success with former Ohio State J Newsome.

3. Dan Voltz 6'3 310lbs Wisconsin (Center)

The center is the only player to touch the ball as much as the QB. We get a tough center who is able to open up holes.

4. Deon Bush 6'1 205lbs The U (FS)

A long lengthy FS we can pair with Geathers.  He is scheme versatile and a willing tackler.  He can contribute right away on special teams.

5. Terrance Smith 6'4 230lbs FSU (ILB)

Colts we really have a need for a ILB who can cover TEs. He has room to add weight to his frame and hands like a safety.  He makes a feel good story because his father played for the Colts also.

6. Roberto Aguayo 6'1 200lbs FSU (Kicker)

Yes he is a kicker but we take for granted special teams because ours is so great. Look at Jacksonville and Pittsburgh who are just a few teams who has lost games this season because of kickers. We bring in FSU all time leading scorer and he is pretty automatic. Paying him on a rookie scale for 4 years saves us a pretty penny when you compare the cost of the great Vinny.

7. Silverberry Mouhon 6'4 245lbs Cincinnati (OLB) 

Speed rusher development project.

Free Agents pick up

Isaiah Battle- Should be a swing tackle with Reitz but will be future T.  He is currently on the Rams practice squad.

Ronald Leary- Should be starting RG

Courtney Upshaw- he has been deemed a bus at OLBt but I think he can be in the rotation at DE.

Bruce Irvin- Steps in as our best pass rusher

Trumaine Johnson- Replaces Toler

Key losses

Dwayne Allen

D Jackson

Vinny

Andre Johnson

Greg Toler

Matt Hasselbeck

Coach

Kyle Shanahan

Like  his father he uses a zone running  game. He will have a many toys to play with on the offensive side of the ball. A very creative offensive mind that should help Luck take the next step.

Offensive coordinator

Tom Cable

A no nonsense hard working  blue collar  type of coach. He will help develop our line and hopefully do wonders for our young RB like he has done in Seattle.

Defense coordinator

Ray Horton

Great defensive mind we maybe able to steal away from Tennessee

Nice draft.

But...........

You want to get rid of Adam Vinaterri?

Really?      Seriously?       Why?

And Hasselbeck too?

If Elliot was there when the Colts draft next season it would be hard to argue the pick. Gore is no longer explosive and long in the tooth. The Colts offense would be so much better with a back who puts up a 100 yards a game. 2012 and counting. Then go defense the rest of the draft be fine with me.

I doubt DQ gets let go after the season. He has been playing at least statistically well this season. However, I think his dead money cap hit would only be around 500k if released. I think he will be retained as that defense can`t be fixed in one off season.  

I'm guessing we draft somewhere around 21-24 if we win the division. With that said here is my mock with no trades...

1- CB Kendall Fuller

2- OLB Jordan Jenkins or Carl Lawson

3- DT Sheldon Rankins or Vernon Butler

4- RB Devontae Booker

5- OT Joe Haeg

7- OT/G Tyler Marz

Free agency Indy signs OG Ronald Leary.

Andre Johnson, Herremans are released.

Art Jones and Trent Cole are restructured.

If we take another RB in the first, I'm done with the team until Grigson is gone. Not only that, Elliott will be a cancer to whatever team he goes too. He throws a fit because Ohio State loses a game, blames the coach and says he won't be back. What happens if we lose a few games? Is he going to quit on us too? I'd rather have Robert Nkemdiche, and I think he will be a total bust, but at least he will try.

Don't mind the rest of your draft, we don't have a 6th BTW, and I have no idea who the 7th rounder is, so I'll just put Aguayo as your 7th and lose Silverberry. You don't take a rb as any rb in any round can be successful. No need to draft one in the 1st.

I'm guessing we draft somewhere around 21-24 if we win the division. With that said here is my mock with no trades...

1- CB Kendall Fuller

2- OLB Jordan Jenkins or Carl Lawson

3- DT Sheldon Rankins or Vernon Butler

4- RB Devontae Booker

5- OT Joe Haeg

7- OT/G Tyler Marz

Free agency Indy signs OG Ronald Leary.

Andre Johnson, Herremans are released.

Art Jones and Trent Cole are restructured.

You don't have the Colts taking an offensive lineman until the 5th and 7th round?!?

Really?     Seriously?

You don't have the Colts taking an offensive lineman until the 5th and 7th round?!?

Really? Seriously?

I'm not going bash the OP but if the team drafts oline late in the draft after watching year after year of an online creating no running lanes from the oline, we need a new war room. We have got to repair that middle part of the oline to get a running game. I don't care if we had AP or M. Lynch or any other top talented rb, this team doesn't seem to know how to run or run block effectively at all. Just weird of how many years we've not been able to run the ball.

I really try not to. You won't see my comments in any other draft thread. Just tired of seeing mock after mock with half a season left. It's a waste and irrelevant.

You have no right to tell anyone not to mock. I disagree completely with his first pick, but he can still have fun and do a mock. I'm sure Grigson is working on scouting players right now from going to college games, but that's a waste as well, right? We can do the same, so quit the censoring.

You have no right to tell anyone not to mock. I disagree completely with his first pick, but he can still have fun and do a mock. I'm sure Grigson is working on scouting players right now from going to college games, but that's a waste as well, right? We can do the same, so quit the censoring.

Grigson is scouting players because that is his job. None of us go to any games to look at particular players and most don't watch any film. I'm just trying to understand why people want to discredit the current season by making unrealistic mocks changing coaching staffs and drafting players before the senior bowl or combine. But I won't respond further. I'll just ignore the draft talk and focus on the season until after FA.

If we take another RB in the first, I'm done with the team until Grigson is gone. Not only that, Elliott will be a cancer to whatever team he goes too. He throws a fit because Ohio State loses a game, blames the coach and says he won't be back. What happens if we lose a few games? Is he going to quit on us too? I'd rather have Robert Nkemdiche, and I think he will be a total bust, but at least he will try.

Don't mind the rest of your draft, we don't have a 6th BTW, and I have no idea who the 7th rounder is, so I'll just put Aguayo as your 7th and lose Silverberry. You don't take a rb as any rb in any round can be successful. No need to draft one in the 1st.

Completely incorrect and all of this based off one media interview? He was absolutely right in everything he said, however what do you expect when a mic is thrown in your face after a loss to a team where you were/are the better team. He had his lowest amount of rushing attempts of the year, and damn right he should have been * as we (fans) all were. As a Buckeye fan, and as most fans have stated most of the year, the playcalling has been terrible. Losing Todd Herman to UofHouston was a killer. Urban agreed with Zeke, and the guy had one of his best games of the year against one of the best defenses in the nation last week.

Zeke Elliott a cancer and a quitter.... whew I've heard it all now...

Completely incorrect and all of this based off one media interview? He was absolutely right in everything he said, however what do you expect when a mic is thrown in your face after a loss to a team where you were/are the better team. He had his lowest amount of rushing attempts of the year, and damn right he should have been * as we (fans) all were. As a Buckeye fan, and as most fans have stated most of the year, the playcalling has been terrible. Losing Todd Herman to UofHouston was a killer. Urban agreed with Zeke, and the guy had one of his best games of the year against one of the best defenses in the nation last week.

You're not the better team when you lose. Also, if he can't stand losing one game in college, he's going to have a rude awakening in the NFL when he loses a bunch of games every year. He thinks he's hot stuff. He may be in college, but he's not going to win every game in the pros, and his reaction shows he has a bad attitude and immaturity issues. You're a buckeye fan, so naturally you will defend him, which means I have to take this post with a grain of salt.

I'm going to address this as well. Yes, this is based off of one media interview, because it is all I need and I will explain why. There are two times when you reveal your true personality, when you are drunk, and when you are under pressure. If you question a drunk person about something, they will tell you the truth because they don't have the brain power in their currently to fabricate a lie, so they will tell you what is true. Similarly, if a person under pressure is questioned and they naturally have a bad attitude or can't handle being dissed, they will show it while under a mic under pressure. They don't have time to think under intense pressure, and will reveal their true personality under a split second decision without time to think. Jeff Fisher has done the same thing numerous times now as coach of the Rams this year and Ezekiel Elliott is the same way.

I'm going to address this as well. Yes, this is based off of one media interview, because it is all I need and I will explain why. There are two times when you reveal your true personality, when you are drunk, and when you are under pressure. If you question a drunk person about something, they will tell you the truth because they don't have the brain power in their currently to fabricate a lie, so they will tell you what is true. Similarly, if a person under pressure is questioned and they naturally have a bad attitude or can't handle being dissed, they will show it while under a mic under pressure. They don't have time to think under intense pressure, and will reveal their true personality under a split second decision without time to think. Jeff Fisher has done the same thing numerous times now as coach of the Rams this year and Ezekiel Elliott is the same way.

Why are you so hostile? Do you think it's fair to judge a 21 year olds character from one single "incident"? Calm down and know that your character is defined by what you do and say as a whole not just one instance.

You're not the better team when you lose. Also, if he can't stand losing one game in college, he's going to have a rude awakening in the NFL when he loses a bunch of games every year. He thinks he's hot stuff. He may be in college, but he's not going to win every game in the pros, and his reaction shows he has a bad attitude and immaturity issues. You're a buckeye fan, so naturally you will defend him, which means I have to take this post with a grain of salt.

To the bolded - You can't be that naive. Is Texas better than Oklahoma, even though Oklahoma is in the playoff despite losing to Texas who is horrible?

Who can stand losing period? Again, it's the first time Zeke has EVER questioned the playcalling - hell ever questioned anything, and AGAIN, he was right - confirmed by Urban. However, he did come out and apologize not only to his team for what he said to the media, he even reiterated it again after the Michigan game. Meanwhile, he gets 30 carries and over 200 yards rushing. He must have said something right...

Conjecture much?.... Pressure? What pressure? The guy just lost a game to a rival that cost them a chance a repeating as National Champs. He was * about the circumstances. He wasn't being interrogated. Jeff Fisher was the same way however unlike Jeff there wasn't "times" with Zeke, only this time, so the two have no correlation to each other. The media tried making this big deal, much like you are, and it pretty much died out by that Monday - after Urban's press conference. My grain of salt -  you're making it out to be bigger than it was.

I'd love to see him in a Colts jersey, but we have other underwhelming areas to fix before we look at a running back that early.

Completely incorrect and all of this based off one media interview? He was absolutely right in everything he said, however what do you expect when a mic is thrown in your face after a loss to a team where you were/are the better team. He had his lowest amount of rushing attempts of the year, and damn right he should have been * as we (fans) all were. As a Buckeye fan, and as most fans have stated most of the year, the playcalling has been terrible. Losing Todd Herman to UofHouston was a killer. Urban agreed with Zeke, and the guy had one of his best games of the year against one of the best defenses in the nation last week.

"were/are the better team" thats your opinion

I think Haeg could compete to start with Retz and Good at RT and we'd be fine. I have the Colts signing FA OG Ronald Leary in free agency also. Defense needs major help.

You think a 5th rounder is going to come in and start?

Granted,  it's not unheard of,  but you're much, MUCH more optimistic than I am....     especially at offensive tackle....

lol says the loser

It's all good, 23 straight wins a National Title up until then... They can't be great every week.. When was Michigan States last National Title win? I'll root for them (Big Ten) in the playoffs - I think they will beat Iowa - but I don't think they can beat Clemson, Bama, or Oklahoma.

1. I like reading and doing mock drafts,  no I'm not a professional but i do love the idea of thinking of ways our team can be better. Every year we have a new team some people get added some people get drop players grow in talent and some regress.

2. As far as the offensive line beyond what i said above. I was looking at  Isaiah Battle as a red shirt freshman or like a draft pick.  There are teams (seahawks, Bucs, Falcons) with terrible lines but they have RB that have gone over at least 90 yards multiple times this year. Elliott with this  off season plan has  Shanahan (Arian Foster, Freeman, Coleman, Alfred Morris) and Tom Cable who has Seattle not missing a step even without beast mode to help him succeed. Not mentioning Gore and or Bradshaw to mentor him.

3. Speaking of coaches I haven't forgave Chud for dumping T. Richardson on us. Defending Kyle Shanahan he had Brian Hoyer playing like an all pro when he was with the Browns. Matt Schaub was a viable starter when he was with Kyle. Guys he help make RG3 Rookie of the year and Atlanta was firing on all cylinders for the first quarter of the season. What changed was turn overs we can't blame all of that on Kyle. Atlanta offensive line is * poor, Matt Ryan seem to regress and they haven't been able to execute in the red zone. I'm trying to understand why people think he isn't good at what he does.

Lastly we can agree to disagree we all would love to see the Colts win a super bowl let me be greedy multiple super bowls with Luck. I appreciate your opinions, learning about different draft prospect and gaining knowledge on football and my team in general

By the way, if you want Battle, you have to sign him off the Rams practice squad before the last regular season game. All you can really do is offer him guaranteed money (his total salary is limited by the rules), and the Rams can match whatever you offer, so that's not even a done deal. He's also not very good.