Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chud called a hell of a game. Again.

zibby43

I was ecstatic when Chud was handed the reigns to the Colts offense.

However, I never expected he would put his mark on the offense so quickly.

Chud has done a masterful job of staying balanced and unpredictable in his play-calling.

Furthermore, Chud has been able to game plan for a 40-year-old, backup QB.  Today, Chud did a terrific job of designing ways to exploit the soft spots in the Cover/Tampa 2.

Really, really hope the Colts can hang on to Chud.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DalTXColtsFan:

The Colts' complete and total failure to have any success whatsoever running the ball:  Poor execution by the Colts?  Excellent execution by the Bucs?  A little of both?

chrisfarley:

Mainly Bucs D, and toss in a sprinkle of Colts blocking.

I think that is correct. The Bucs came into this game stacking the box and had their minds set on stopping the run. That's why the halftime adjustments worked so well. It opened up the passing game IMO.

DalTXColtsFan:

The Colts' complete and total failure to have any success whatsoever running the ball:  Poor execution by the Colts?  Excellent execution by the Bucs?  A little of both?

chrisfarley:

Mainly Bucs D, and toss in a sprinkle of Colts blocking.

You know this site has a quote function, right?

absolutely love not abandoning the run even though it was going nowhere, I geuss I was used to pep and 25 passes in a row, but it was nice to see keeping the defence relatively honest. Love the designed screens as well that seemed non existence under pep

I am a fan of Chud but this team needs to run the ball better to compete with the big boys. I know we had our starting RT playing LT and a 7th rounder from Division 2 playing RT but they still need to be able to run it better.

If the Colts want to be competitive with the Steelers next week it's not going to happen with the run game. The Steelers are tough against the run but they can be passed on. Todays game against the Seahawks is showing that.

The Colts' complete and total failure to have any success whatsoever running the ball: Poor execution by the Colts? Excellent execution by the Bucs? A little of both?

I'm gunna say excellent coverage by Tampa D they were where they needed to be when they needed. I guess that's what happens when you practice against Doug Martin every week lol

If the Colts want to be competitive with the Steelers next week it's not going to happen with the run game. The Steelers are tough against the run but they can be passed on. Todays game against the Seahawks is showing that.

Well as happy as I've been with the wins, I don't think the Colts D will hold the Steelers O under 500 yards. 40 points will most likely be needed to win it. It's going to be ugly, but anything could happen.

Well as happy as I've been with the wins, I don't think the Colts D will hold the Steelers O under 500 yards. 40 points will most likely be needed to win it. It's going to be ugly, but anything could happen.

You might be right. Turnovers could play a big part of this game coming up. Covering the Steelers receivers is no easy task.

I hope that he's our OC next year.  He's the best OC we've had in a long time.

If we fire every coach, we start from square one and we don't know what it will look like.

I'd Chud is here next year he will probably be a hot commodity by end of next season.....that's the only downside.

I am a fan of Chud but this team needs to run the ball better to compete with the big boys. I know we had our starting RT playing LT and a 7th rounder from Division 2 playing RT but they still need to be able to run it better.

You gave one reason why they couldn't run.  The other is that Tampa has a pretty decent D.  

I do like how Chud didn't totally abandon the run even though it wasn't working.

He's mixing in the run far better than Pep and not going away from it even when it's clear it's not working.  I would like to see them try some different things with the run though rather than calling the same play even when it's not working.  I did like the lineup with Gore in the fullback spot and Bradshaw as the running back.  I think that gives the Colts lots of options they can run out of that if the Bradshaw injury isn't serious. 

I also think something Hasselbeck brings that Luck hasn't yet developed is knowing where he's going with the football before the ball is even snapped.  I think that helps the play calling look better no matter who is calling the plays.  With that said I fully agree Chud is doing a better job mixing things up than Pep was. 

absolutely love not abandoning the run even though it was going nowhere, I geuss I was used to pep and 25 passes in a row, but it was nice to see keeping the defence relatively honest. Love the designed screens as well that seemed non existence under pep

That was key to the effectiveness of Matt's play action fake. 

I sure dont know what everyone is excited about.

This was the worst game the offense had produced all yr, against a not very good D.

4.7 yds per play and the red zone offense was the worst it has been in years. 

Frank Gore is up the middle runner, not an outside runner, and especially not behind  a new RT  that was making his first start in his first game. That was dumb play calling.  23 run plays against 42 pass plays.  Seems to me like the run got abandoned and that was a mistake.

Again remind me what was so good about the offense because I must have watched the wrong game.  Horrible in the first half and yes better but definitely not great in the second half, but they did enough to win.  The defense again won this game.  Why not start a thread about Manusky and what he has done with 1  legit playmaker on that side of the ball.

This was the worst game the offense had produced all yr, against a not very good D.

Frank Gore is up the middle runner, not an outside runner, and especially not behind  a new RT  that was making his first start in his first game. That was dumb play calling.  23 run plays against 42 pass plays.  Seems to me like the run got abandoned and that was a mistake.

Again remind me what was so good about the offense because I must have watched the wrong game.  Horrible in the first half and yes better but definitely not great in the second half, but they did enough to win.  The defense again won this game.  Why not start a thread about Manusky and what he has done with 1  legit playmaker on that side of the ball.

I think we are excited because it looked like the Colt's season was done and now we are re-invigorated.  A win is a win.

I like Chud I do. The best thing that has happened to this team is the TEs are being used again. But... I don't like the Running calls and the utilization of our mauling line. We have a good run blocking oline let's use them with a bit more creativity.

I think Chud and Matt are showing young Luck a thing or 2.  Remember, Luck never had the luxury of sitting behind Peyton.  He's like a rookie right now.  I think he comes out of this a much better QB.

Yeah, Chud is showing him that Pep was horrible and should have never been hired.

Frank Gore is up the middle runner, not an outside runner, and especially not behind a new RT that was making his first start in his first game. That was dumb play calling. 23 run plays against 42 pass plays. Seems to me like the run got abandoned and that was a mistake.

Again remind me what was so good about the offense because I must have watched the wrong game. Horrible in the first half and yes better but definitely not great in the second half, but they did enough to win. The defense again won this game. Why not start a thread about Manusky and what he has done with 1 legit playmaker on that side of the ball.

We lose that game if Pep is the OC.

Considering the off balanced seasonal baggage brought into this game @ 5-5, we couldn't of asked for a better game played by the Colts. All 3 phases of the game performed above expectation to me at the right times. The run not so much. But, it kept the Bucs guessing & honest. Hasselbeck, Moncrief, Hilton. Exceptional. Defense, great second half. (loved those sacks, hits, hurry-ups) Chudzinski called a beautiful game.

Nothing was perfect. But then, what is? We're 6-5 and headed to Steeler country on a Sunday Night. Every game is critical from this point on. However, Pittsburgh will be the toughest test the Colts have faced all year. And that includes New England & Denver. We win the game there in Steel City, the pressure comes off substantially to achieve the AFC South crown.