Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie at LOS

CR91

2 td in a game and you wouldn't dance your * off?

A spike or fist pump out of emotion I understand, but the insane ridiculous dancing is nonsense, for a TD or a sack, & I'm super over it personally...

I see kids in pop warner doing it now and its nonsense...

It devalues the team aspect of team sports, and glorifies the already ego-centric, me attitude...

High five your teammates for good plays all day long, but the end-zone dance got old a long time ago...

Be a pro and act like you've been there before... 

A spike or fist pump out of emotion I understand, but the insane ridiculous dancing is nonsense, for a TD or a sack, & I'm super over it personally...

It devalues the team aspect of team sports, and glorifies the already ego-centric, me attitude...

High five your teammates for good plays all day long, but the end-zone dance got old a long time ago...

They've been doing it for years. His is comical. Plus he realized and grabbed the ball

+100 and applause.

I'll take heat for this. I preface with saying Reggie Wayne is my favorite Colt of all-time. Anyone else a bit disappointment with his in-game acknowledgement from the crowd today? If you were at the game? Incredibly "meh" and basically took Brackett's urging to even acknowledge. No smile, two finger "wave." He always has been so good to the Indy fans. He gets a pass but

oh come on, the T Y hand gesture is awesome. everyone does it when he scores

Meh... I know its been going on for years, far too many years...

That just adds to the total cliche & kitsch value of the TD dance...

Hoped the art of the TD dance would die off along with ocho cincos career, but alas...

The media glorifies it too much. Example: Cam Newton.

TD dancing won't go away anytime soon.

Sure, I'm still not a fan... 

Maybe most fans & people think TD dances are totally awesome, but I prefer the years where Marv & Reggie acted like business as usual whenever they got into the endzone...

I'm with ya, Mr. Showalter. These after TD ceremonies are far too ridiculous at times. Just as you have stated, High 5s, Fist Pumps, Slaps on the Backs, Spiked Footballs, and the like are highly efficient. No need for exponential hoo-ha-ha. Do your job & let it be.

I'll take heat for this. I preface with saying Reggie Wayne is my favorite Colt of all-time. Anyone else a bit disappointment with his in-game acknowledgement from the crowd today? If you were at the game? Incredibly "meh" and basically took Brackett's urging to even acknowledge. No smile, two finger "wave." He always has been so good to the Indy fans. He gets a pass but

I was surprised. He's a god here.

He looked annoyed.

Any kid that does it in youth football has a terrible coach. We talk to our kids about that kind of stuff long before the games start. Never had an issue. Kids will do what they are allowed to get away with

On 11/30/2015, 12:34:06, jvan1973 said:

Any kid that does it in youth football has a terrible coach. We talk to our kids about that kind of stuff long before the games start. Never had an issue. Kids will do what they are allowed to get away with

Bingo! Perfectly stated Jvan. :thmup:

The amount of concern over dancing I've seen in this thread, is sad/confusing. 

So the only approved way of celebration is golf clapping, and muted applause? 

"No one better be having fun out there! Do you think this is a game!!!! Well I mean it is, but don't treat it like you're enjoying yourself in any way. Tow the line and if you so much as gyrate your hips you're going to get a stern talking to!"

Let the players celebrate how ever they feel like. If it gets them hyped up, and they're having a good time, there's no issue whatsoever. Outside of ruffling the feathers of very serious, very stern, very rigid football purists. 

3 minutes ago, House said:

The amount of concern over dancing I've seen in this thread, is sad/confusing. 

So the only approved way of celebration is golf clapping, and muted applause? 

"No one better be having fun out there! Do you think this is a game!!!! Well I mean it is, but don't treat it like you're enjoying yourself in any way. Tow the line and if you so much as gyrate your hips you're going to get a stern talking to!"

Let the players celebrate how ever they feel like. If it gets them hyped up, and they're having a good time, there's no issue whatsoever. Outside of ruffling the feathers of very serious, very stern, very rigid football purists. 

I have no problem high 5ing your teammates or chest bumping them in the end zone House, but some players do tend to go overboard with their touchdown celebrations. I think a balance can be found between the old school & new school NFL way of showcasing their talents.

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I have no problem high 5ing your teammates or chest bumping them in the end zone House, but some players do tend to go overboard with their touchdown celebrations. I think a balance can be found between the old school & new school NFL way of showcasing their talents.

Right. You're okay with them celebrating in a way you find acceptable. But who cares? They can/should be able to celebrate how ever they want. It's a game. 

23 minutes ago, House said:

Right. You're okay with them celebrating in a way you find acceptable. But who cares? They can/should be able to celebrate how ever they want. It's a game. 

Actually, I blame former Bengals WR Chad Johnson AKA "Ocho Cinco" for taking end zone celebrations to ridiculous heights & theatrical productions that really aren't necessary. The duration of most games 3 to 3 & a half hours is long enough. Excessive celebrations just make the game slow down & lose tempo IMO.

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Actually, I blame former Bengals WR Chad Johnson AKA "Ocho Cinco" for taking end zone celebrations to ridiculous heights & theatrical productions that really aren't necessary. The duration of most games 3 to 3 & a half hours is long enough. Excessive celebrations just make the game slow down & lose tempo IMO.

Saying that celebrations add anything more than a minuscule amount of time to a game is hyperbole at its finest. 

Its okay to say you don't like them. But to suggest they celebrate in only manners that appeal to you, the general you, is silly. 

40 minutes ago, House said:

Sure, however they want.  So if a player wants, he should be able to strip naked and run around the field after a TD.  Or maybe grab a cheerleader and start doing the nasty right there on the sideline.  I mean it's just a game they should do what they want.

Or maybe just do some dirty dancing right there.

Yes, I think players should celebrate in a manner I find acceptable.  I don't think I should change or ignore what I consider acceptable because some guy with no morals, no self control and no shame wants to jump around and dance like a * because he did is freakin' job.

Exactly! 

And why stop there. I know I personally would be satisfied if we could see I few cold blooded murder spree, type celebrations. 

Because everything we've mentioned is just the same as jumping up and down, dancing, and using a football as a prop right? 

Right?????

...................right..........

31 minutes ago, House said:

Saying that celebrations add anything more than a minuscule amount of time to a game is hyperbole at its finest. 

Its okay to say you don't like them. But to suggest they celebrate in only manners that appeal to you, the general you, is silly. 

No, it's not silly. When you consider the time to takes to officiate a game, the nonstop commercials, & waiting for the league officials to dissect complicated calls or questionable calls of pass interference, whether the WR maintained control of the ball all the way to the ground, & then you add excessively planned out TD celebrations to the mix it's not an exaggeration at all House.

It is the Natl. Football League not Amateur Hour & open mike night on "Who's Got Talent."

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

No, it's not silly. When you consider the time to takes to officiate a game, the nonstop commercials, & waiting for the league officials to dissect complicated calls or questionable calls of pass interference, whether the WR maintained control of the ball all the way to the ground, & then you add excessively planned out TD celebrations to the mix it's not an exaggeration at all House.

It is the Natl. Football League not Amateur Hour & open mike night on "Who's Got Talent."

I agree sometimes the celebrations are too much,on the other hand,when it's one of our guys scoring,i'm just happy we scored,i ignore the dancesack1.thumb.jpg.ce5f901c529c00be7a054b3bf

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

It's 100% silly. How many celebrations go on for more than let's say 15 seconds? If the score for both teams is 28-28, that has both teams scoring 4 TDs, with 4 converted extra points. For 8 TDs total we're talking about a whopping 120 second in "celebrations!" 

Two minutes. Two minutes in celebrations if you assume they all take 15 seconds to wrap up, and most games don't even have that much action as far as TDs go. Not to mention the vast majority of games that contain field goals. 

30 second celebrations? 240 seconds. 4 minutes. 60 second celebrations? 480 seconds. 

Couldn't be more inconsequential. Like I said before. It's okay to dislike them because of your own personal reasons. But the other excuses are unnecessary. 

However in my personal view. It's a game. Bouncing around or acting like a fool isn't that big of a deal. 

3 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Only time the dancing bugs me is when 

A. It's the other team doing it lol

or

B. Our team is behind by a few scores.

Yeah, it really annoyed me during the New Orleans game, when, after TY caught a touchdown, he celebrated like it was the game winner; I think we were still down 21. 

23 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, it really annoyed me during the New Orleans game, when, after TY caught a touchdown, he celebrated like it was the game winner; I think we were still down 21.

he always the T.Y dance. its what he does. everyone does it when he scores

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎46‎:‎05‎, Buck Showalter said:

Meh... I know its been going on for years, far too many years...

That just adds to the total cliche & kitsch value of the TD dance...

Hoped the art of the TD dance would die off along with ocho cincos career, but alas...

I agree.  The ones that get me are when a player makes a routine tackle or a receiver makes a catch and gets a five yard  gain and the defender stops him and he acts like he just made the tackle of the century.  Its your job to do that. Get over your greatness.  Some of these players live in a different reality.

The NBA is just as bad.