Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denzelle Good

C0lts088

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes talking about reitz

Where did I see Reitz mentioned?  Reitz played the entire game at LT.  Reitz LT the whole game!!

Good only had trouble with the quicker 4-4 end.  He dominated the big players that lined up against him.

So yes, Good is a future RT!!!   Reitz plays well every position he plays!!  Why do we even bring up Reitz here?

Who really got hammered all day was Winston.  I do not think some of you watched the game.

I didn't say Winston didn't get hammered.  He was not the topic or even related to the topic being discussed which was our rookie from Mars Hill and the results of his play.  I do not think some of you read this topic.  

Ulrick never took a regular season snap and Nixon was awful.

Yeah, i was more eluding to the fact that people have these fantasies that any of these late round/undrafted offensive lineman are going to be anything more than depth and/or PS players. 

And btw, I don't think Good played well at all. Especially in the run game. 

Good is the future much in the same way Ulrick John and Xaiver Nixon were the future. 

I didn't see the game....

And you may be right....

But do you really want to proclaim that after one game?       One whole game?

And, if so,   why?      What did you see that says Good has no future...?

I didn't see the game....

And you may be right....

But do you really want to proclaim that after one game?       One whole game?

And, if so,   why?      What did you see that says Good has no future...?

Because he's a 7th round pick from Mars Hill. As much as you all want to belive that doesn't make a difference, it does. 

Because he's a 7th round pick from Mars Hill. As much as you all want to belive that doesn't make a difference, it does. 

Could not agree more! Don`t think anyone thinks this guy is the next Jason Peters, but he could end up being a serviceable depth future RT in the not to distant future. 

You know before he was at Mars Hill,  he was at North Carolina State.......

He's not without some level of ability.......     and big men often develop late......

I'm not making  a case for Good specifically,  only for big men in general.....

Dustin is just being grumpy.  It's a new thing to praise the Colts' O-line. Denzelle had 4 penalties: a hold when he was beaten (for the one time in the game), a horse collar tackle (he has to work on his tackling), and two false starts. He played like, well, a rookie. But he dominated his opponent most of the game.  That's Good.

What round and college you come from doesn't determine how well you do in the NFL.  There are many stories of undrafted guys or guys coming out of smaller colleges who have a lot of success in the league.  I'm not saying Good is a future Pro Bowl tackle, but to say he has no shot because he's a 7th rounder out of Mars Hill isn't a good argument, in my opinion.  I thought he had some good flashes today.  He took a few penalties, but rookie jitters and all that can be taken into consideration.  Again, not saying he's a future starter, but I'm not gonna bury the guy right away

I thought he did quite a nice job being tossed into the fire, it was not only his first start, it was his first active game. BUT... Hasselbeck got hammered all day long, 3 sacks and tons of hits and hurries.

Yeah he did a serviceable job. On the flip side, where the heck did the Colts pass rush come from???

A combined 8 sacks in today's game, ouch! I liked what I saw from the D, they generated a lot of pressure.

Good surprised me for the most part.  I was very frustrated with all of the penalties 4 of Colts 5, but then again from somebody who was taking his first NFL snaps as a 7TH ROUND PICK.  I am extremely happy with the performance (because it didn't cost a game, and it gave the man some valuable experience). 

As some mentioned he handled his opponent well, and that's what matters.  The false starts can be cleaned up with practice and experience.  The horse collar tackle, well he is a tackle, but that's not his job.  Although, it was on a big play.  Griffers had a great catch and then fumbled, however there was another penalty, which negated each other.  Then 1 holding penalty is understandable regardless of lack of experience.  Tackles get beat at times, nothing to be too upset about.  So overall, I am optimistic about the performance.

That being said, I wouldn't worry too much if he has to fill in more in the future.  Time and work ethic will tell if he could be anything more, but when Castonzo comes back and the solid play of Reitz, I don't think we need him to be great anytime soon.  2 or 3 years down the road if he's hard at work and developes well I wouldn't be surprised if he did turn out to be "Good" (pun intended)

One more pun I wanted to throw out there (hypothetical), if he was in that position last week, and Andrew was the QB there would've been a pass play with the recipient of Good, and the passer Luck ;)  You get my point here... The Good-Luck combination lol.  Just something I wouldn't mind seeing in the future for a trick play TD!!

Okay that was stupid.  I admit, but I have a colorful imagination, so deal with it.

Yeah, i was more eluding to the fact that people have these fantasies that any of these late round/undrafted offensive lineman are going to be anything more than depth and/or PS players.

And btw, I don't think Good played well at all. Especially in the run game.

Lol this guy