Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donte Montcrief

dw49

Can't be AJ.. Andre is dropping everything the few times he is open. So unless it's setting an example of what not to do...

Dunno but it's not the same guy we watched last year. I think it was Jerome Pathon that could never stop letting the ball into his body. Him or Sean Dawkins.... I think Pathon.

Dunno but it's not the same guy we watched last year. I think it was Jerome Pathon that could never stop letting the ball into his body. Him or Sean Dawkins.... I think Pathon.

Well whatever he did, I hope he keeps it up. He's got the tools.an, if we could just get healthy and everyone plays, this team may surprise a few people

So many players never make that adjustment, despite having the ability to do so. That Moncrief has gone from relying on the body catches to being able to grab it wherever it is, and so quickly, is impressive. Now his speed, length and jumping ability actually matter, and his catch radius is gigantic. He's also becoming a good route runner.

Moncrief as I have said before on this forum is BY FAR our best reciever.....NUFF SAID

He's been great this season, but it might be a stretch to say "BY FAR". The numbers don't support that. Not counting the 8 receptions and 114 yards he had today, here are his stats compared to Hilton:

Rec. Tar.  Yrds.    Ave.
45     92     724     16.1 (Hilton)
44     74     470     10.7 (Moncrief)

That said, I think he has the potential to be a real star, given sufficient opportunities. And, we aren't paying him $65M, so that's a plus.

So many players never make that adjustment, despite having the ability to do so. That Moncrief has gone from relying on the body catches to being able to grab it wherever it is, and so quickly, is impressive. Now his speed, length and jumping ability actually matter, and his catch radius is gigantic. He's also becoming a good route runner.

All that PLUS he just turned 22 a few months ago. Nowhere to go but up. 

yep, I say no more bringing in the aging vets, next season Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Whalen/Draft pick, although I believe we signed AJ for 2 or 3 years, does anyone know how much we would owe AJ if he got cut?

Johnson is owed $5,000,000 in base salary for 2016. 2.5 mill is guaranteed . If he isn't cut , he gets another 2.5 mill in the form of a roster bonus.

So its like this. He's due to make 7.5 mill in 2016. If the Colts release him , he collects just the 2.5 mill that was guaranteed . So bottom line is he will be released and will count 2.5 mill against the 2016 cap. No brainer I think....

He's on the path that most of us predicted, which is becoming the best WR on the Colts. He's grown up a lot in 1 offseason. The Colts need to really kick start Dorsett when he gets healthy and develop him this offseason or else it's going to go down that the GM spent a 1st round pick on a #3 receiver, because Hilton and Moncrief are playing outstanding. Whalen is clutch also.

But again, this just makes the AJ signing look worse again. Grigson needs to stop signing FA WRs and just trust In what he has.

He's been great this season, but it might be a stretch to say "BY FAR". The numbers don't support that. Not counting the 8 receptions and 114 yards he had today, here are his stats compared to Hilton:

Rec. Tar.  Yrds.    Ave.

That said, I think he has the potential to be a real star, given sufficient opportunities. And, we aren't paying him $65M, so that's a plus.

Sorry but T.Y. is a speed deep threat mostly and his "numbers" will be better but who fights for the ball, who is more physical?  I have seen T.Y. give up on balls that he needs to go for not so much with Moncrief especially this season. He is by far our best receiver sorry disagree if you like that is what a forum is for but that is my humble opinion.

Sorry but T.Y. is a speed deep threat mostly and his "numbers" will be better but who fights for the ball, who is more physical?  I have seen T.Y. give up on balls that he needs to go for not so much with Moncrief especially this season. He is by far our best receiver sorry disagree if you like that is what a forum is for but that is my humble opinion.

Yes, he's more physical, no dispute there. But I think TY is a better 'hands receiver' at present, which is not to say Moncrief hasn't gotten better in that aspect too (versus body-catching). They both probably run routes equally effectively. The biggest knock on TY, as you say, is that he's less physical. It can be legitimately debated which is the "No. 1" receiver. I just don't think one is "by far" the No. 1. But, as you say, that's what forums are for--healthy, respectful debate.

Rec. Tar.  Yrds.    Ave.

you make a good point but some of the statistical stuff is tarnished by the inefficiencies of the offensive playcalling at the begining of the year. moncrief has delivered every time he was in the position to do so starting week 1. i think he will develop into a very talented young man and its so exciting to have someone like him and im anticipating andrew comin back and developing chemistry with  moncrief. if moncrief plays the way he did today and if hilton does what he does, gore and bradshaw keep doing what theyve been doing, fleener,allen,doyle....., the defense keep pitching 2nd half shut outs, and andrew comes back healthy and ready to play i think we can beat anyone out there. good game today, cant wait till january     

Yes, he's more physical, no dispute there. But I think TY is a better 'hands receiver' at present, which is not to say Moncrief hasn't gotten better in that aspect too (versus body-catching). They both probably run routes equally effectively. The biggest knock on TY, as you say, is that he's less physical. It can be legitimately debated which is the "No. 1" receiver. I just don't think one is "by far" the No. 1. But, as you say, that's what forums are for--healthy, respectful debate.

Actually I guess we should just feel lucky we can even have this debate.  I am looking forward to seeing these two with Dorsett on the field that should look scary for defenses.