Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CBS Sports: Manning determined to play again this season, will push to start

amfootball

ttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25393937/manning-determined-to-play-again-this-season-will-push-to-start

Looks like things could potentially get ugly in Denver when Manning feels he is read health-wise to play again. Some key snippets:

The Broncos' switch to Brock Osweiler could end up being permanent. The staff is in no rush to get Peyton Manning back on the field, with the injured veteran's demotion already causing some friction between him and the team with the potential for things to escalate down the stretch. Manning is determined to play again in 2015 as he tries to get his plantar fascia healed, while the reality remains that if Osweiler is competent in the starting role it is highly unlikely the 39-year old will be Denver's regular starter again, and there is no expectation he would be back there next season. Manning, an uber-competitor, is fixated on his recovery and getting back on the field. He wants to reclaim his starting spot, and will push to do so, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

While Broncos officials and players have always gone out of their way to defer and be accommodating of the quarterback publicly and privately, the reality is Osweiler looks far more equipped from a physical standpoint to run Gary Kubiak's offense, which relies on movement and bootlegs from the quarterback to open up both the passing and running game. The situation could well come to a head in the next two weeks, with Manning undoubtedly reaching a point where he will let it be known he is healthy enough to reclaim his starting job, while, unless Osweiler fails in the meantime, that opportunity simply may not exist.

Everyone in the Broncos hierarchy, from football czar John Elway on down, is committed to giving this offense a chance to thrive under the first-year starter, and Elway and Kubiak -- who passed on acquiring Manning when he was head coach in Houston -- are strong-willed enough to do what they believe is best for the organization regardless of the political fallout. "They are not going to be bullied into doing anything they don't want to do, by anyone," as one team source put it. Even with Manning on the cusp of one of the final all-time regular-season marks that has eluded him -- career victories -- Osweiler is in a position to remain under center if he can facilitate the offense and produce anything close to the turnover-free outing he had last week in Chicago in his first NFL start.

Imagine how much this will blow up if Osweiler somehow is a big part in beating the Patriots tonight...I don't think it will happen but just imagine it. I don't see any way they could justify putting Manning back in.

Hopefully NE will leave no doubt that PM should come back :) 

I actually like seeing him play and there won't be too much left to watch of him down the road.

Hopefully NE will leave no doubt that PM should come back :)

I actually like seeing him play and there won't be too much left to watch of him down the road.

Yeah it would be bad to see him go out this way. I'm also hoping New England takes this one and makes Brock look like the young guy he really is lol.

We all know the answer.

Anyway it'll be hilarious if the Broncos win because Pats fans have swore up and down that them going 11-5 in 2008 wasn't in any way, shape or form a less than perfect (not even negative, just less that perfect reflection on Tom Brady. If Brock wins 2 straight after Manning lost 2 straight they'll have a fresh new Peyton bashing tactic but it'll be a huge contradiction.

We all know the answer.

Anyway it'll be hilarious if the Broncos win because Pats fans have swore up and down that them going 11-5 in 2008 wasn't in any way, shape or form a less than perfect (not even negative, just less that perfect reflection on Tom Brady. If Brock wins 2 straight after Manning lost 2 straight they'll have a fresh new Peyton bashing tactic but it'll be a huge contradiction.

Who cares if they have a fresh new Peyton bashing tactic...  I mean REALLY,  Who Cares....  As long as the Broncos Win tonight.

Idk, seems that way. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Leading up to this game, endless fighting between pat fans and manning fans with the same people and threads having to be edited and closed.

So, yeah, I raise my eyebrows when one of the players starts another one

See what? AM starts most of the manning threads. Do they get locked?

If she starts a Brady thread, she's told to suck it and stick to the Patriot boards. Post a Manning thread and she and any other Patriot fan who comments get bashed. But to answer your question, yes, they get locked. Bc people can't stick to the topic at hand.

If she starts a Brady thread, she's told to suck it and stick to the Patriot boards. Post a Manning thread and she and any other Patriot fan who comments get bashed. But to answer your question, yes, they get locked. Bc people can't stick to the topic at hand.

But they don't get locked simply because she starts them, like you were suggesting

Leading up to this game, endless fighting between pat fans and manning fans with the same people and threads having to be edited and closed.

So, yeah, I raise my eyebrows when one of the players starts another one

I don't think I will ever be surprised to see Manning and Brady fans arguing. That's like Hatfields and McCoys basically. It happens all the time here. I'm sure if Brady was playing badly the roles would be reversed here.

But WHY is she so obsessed with starting these threads....??  I think that was the original question from Nadine that got all this started.

It seems a little "suspect"  that someone who is NOT a fan,  scours the internet to find so many negative articles to post, and starts so many threads on a rival board.   That's all.

BTW,  Peyton is on the sideline tonight to support his team.