Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where are Colts' Scouts this Week?

I got my eye on Barry Sanders Jr as a day 3 pick from Stanford but he simply is not given much playing time, He has impressed though when given time

I have not watched much Jaylon Smith yet from ND. I like Paul Perkins out of UCLA as a Scat Back and rush/sam linebacker Carl Lawson out of Auburn

I really have my eye on Zack Sanchez from Oklahoma and Erick Stryker also from Oklahoma

Grigson himself already went to Notre Dame earlier this year. Good to see the scouts back there.

While Stanley is really good, I would hope they're really looking at Smith. You'd have to trade up to get him but he'd be worth it. He's a guy who can play day one and start for 10 years.

Looks like they may be eyeing some of the top defensive talent in the draft in Jaylon Smith, Jalen Ramsey, and Vernon Hargreaves. Good to hear! All positions of need.

And I like Christian Mccaffrey out of Stanford also.

He is so steady.  He could be a 15 year possession receiver.  I love McCaffrey.

I got my eye on Barry Sanders Jr as a day 3 pick from Stanford but he simply is not given much playing time, He has impressed though when given time

I have not watched much Jaylon Smith yet from ND. I like Paul Perkins out of UCLA as a Scat Back and rush/sam linebacker Carl Lawson out of Auburn

I really have my eye on Zack Sanchez from Oklahoma and Erick Stryker also from Oklahoma

Several thoughts....

Sanders probably comes back to Stanford for a 5th year.     But whether he comes out this year or next,  he's at best a late draft pick.

Barry is as nice a kid as can be.     And he's a good college running back.    But he's likely not an NFL level RB.     At Stanford,  he does well against poor competition,  he does OK against good competition,  and barely gets on the field against the best competition.    And when he does,  he doesn't do that much.      In short,  he gets exposed.       He's only very good against the not-so-good.    

Perkins is a favorite.    He's been at UCLA for 3 years, and played 2.    He can turn pro,  but I don't know if he will?    I'm guessing he's 50-50.    If he's already announced I haven't seen it,  but then again,  I don't pay as much attention to UCLA and USC.      But I see him as a late 3rd early 4th round level back.    Not sure he's an every down type of back,  but more like the complimentary back at the next level.     I could be wrong on that.    But that's my initial reaction to him.   But I do like him a lot.

It's getting close to our time of year.....    will be interesting to follow....