Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Romo

tvturner

Injured his shoulder again against the Panthers on a play where Davis sacked him. Could very well end his career if he broke his collarbone again(same one btw). Think it is time for him and Manning to hang it up

Non throwing arm. Not even closer to a career ender. Collar bones are easy fixes. He just cane back too quick. Should have waited atleast another 3 weeks.

Injured his shoulder again against the Panthers on a play where Davis sacked him. Could very well end his career if he broke his collarbone again(same one btw). Think it is time for him and Manning to hang it up

No Booker.......why do we want old QBs to quit ..why do we want players to quit when times get rough?

He isn't going to retire for a broken collar bone

Non throwing arm. Not even closer to a career ender. Collar bones are easy fixes. He just cane back too quick. Should have waited atleast another 3 weeks.

It's the same one that he has injured twice before, along with some of the other injuries he had. His age is getting up there too

It's the same one that he has injured twice before, along with some of the other injuries he had. His age is getting up there too

It's not career ending. He broke it in 2010, five years ago. Had no problems with it because he missed 10 games. He came back just after 7 this time. He came back too soon before it was healed.

I've snapped mine before, it's not that big of a deal.

It's not career ending. He broke it in 2010, five years ago. Had no problems with it because he missed 10 games. He came back just after 7 this time. He came back too soon before it was healed.

I just heard a report where Romo had 7 different fractures in his shoulder. That is much more than a broken collarbone. I think you are correct with the comment of him coming back too soon. Jerry Jones seems to make a habit of making statements about injured players. I seem to remember he said Owens was going to be back before he did also. With the Cowboys record Romo should not have even been suited up IMO. I don't see Irsay saying anything about Luck's return and any time frame. Just what the doctors have said.

I just heard a report where Romo had 7 different fractures in his shoulder. That is much more than a broken collarbone. I think you are correct with the comment of him coming back too soon. Jerry Jones seems to make a habit of making statements about injured players. I seem to remember he said Owens was going to be back before he did also. With the Cowboys record Romo should not have even been suited up IMO. I don't see Irsay saying anything about Luck's return and any time frame. Just what the doctors have said.

Romo looked terrible in that first half. I definitely think his shoulder was still not 100%. I'm not a huge fan of romo but even he doesn't usually look that awful.

If Romos Clavicle is fractured again, They may shut him down for the season.  Tests will be run and we'll have to see.  If there's no notable fracture or displacement, then he may see the field sometime again, once cleared by the doctors.

Ed Werder reported that a source told him he is out for the season & he should be anyway. The season is a total loss for Dallas.

This season has just been comically terrible for starting quarterbacks. I wouldn't be surprised if a back-up ended up starting and or winning the Super Bowl this year, honestly.

Yeah, it's weird. Almost all the Qbs around the league are injured. Has this ever happened before? Now we just need a certain QB in the far East to get injured.

This season has just been comically terrible for starting quarterbacks. I wouldn't be surprised if a back-up ended up starting and or winning the Super Bowl this year, honestly.

It certainly feels like this situation is a distinct possibility this year QB. Experienced quarterbacks seem to be dropping like flies this year. Luck, Romo, Big Ben for awhile, Sam Bradford, etc. etc.

A very bizarre 2015 indeed. 

He has been injured a lot over the last few years...he has been injured every single year...

Dallas is done, they are not going to make the playoffs and they should throw in the towel to get a good pick.

But most importantly Jerry Jones needs to hire a real GM and stop controlling the team.

Yeah, it's weird. Almost all the Qbs around the league are injured. Has this ever happened before? Now we just need a certain QB in the far East to get injured.

I don't think there's been this many injuries to QBs in recent history. It's insanity. Could definitely explain why so many teams are sub .500 this season.

I don't think there's been this many injuries to QBs in recent history. It's insanity. Could definitely explain why so many teams are sub .500 this season.

to me along with so many qbs getting injured I also noticed that alot more defenses are playing high intensity, fast, hard hitting defense this year, maybe there is a correlation? Or it could just be me? Lol it just seems like defenses are alot nastier than in years past.

Ed Werder reported that a source told him he is out for the season & he should be anyway. The season is a total loss for Dallas.

Well, that tells me initial X-Rays indicate a (potential) fracture(s) and/or displacement.  They will probably run follow up tests before breaking the news officially, then.

to me along with so many qbs getting injured I also noticed that alot more defenses are playing high intensity, fast, hard hitting defense this year, maybe there is a correlation? Or it could just be me? Lol it just seems like defenses are alot nastier than in years past.

Yeah, there's actually a lot of debate about who has the best defense rather than everybody just naming the Seahawks by default lol. I like it. That nastiness is probably the reason these QBs are going down no doubt...

You mean Tom Brady? (Whoops).

Oh well, cat's out of the bag now. I hope he gets whats coming to him.

You mean Tom Brady? (Whoops).

Oh well, cat's out of the bag now. I hope he gets whats coming to him.

Absolutely not. I can't stand Tom Brady or the Patriots. I think they are the most corrupt organization in professional sports.....that said, never ever ever wish injury or hope for injury on anyone. For one. It's bad mojo, for 2, it's just plain classless.

Now back to topic.

Sounds like Romo is done for season, broken collar bone and fractures in non throwing shoulders per espn...

Guess you spoke too soon Jerry Jones, when you said Cassel would have won the games Weeden lost.

Now Dallas can go 3-13, lose every last game while that line from Jerry, can ring into the ears of Cowboys fans endlessly. 

I can't believe Jerry is not taking more of a beating in the media for putting Romo back out there too soon. Jones said he knew there was risk but wanted to have the comeback season or something along those lines. Now he has put Romo's career in jeopardy given how often he has now broken that same clavicle (3 times).

Guess you spoke too soon Jerry Jones, when you said Cassel would have won the games Weeden lost.

Now Dallas can go 3-13, lose every last game while that line from Jerry, can ring into the ears of Cowboys fans endlessly. 

Yeah but watch them get a #1 pick or Top 3 pick and land someone that is Great. Then Romo and Dez stay healthy next season. That team could easily go 12-4 next season with a great pick. They made a huge mistake letting Murray go. That took so much pressure off of Romo but Murray is just is silly for not taking a little less money to stay with a team that has a great O.Line. He, Romo, and Dez had perfect chemistry. Chemistry is tough to find and really the key behind teams being consistently good every season. It has backfired for the Cowboys and Murray. Murray may have got a little more cash going to Philly but he plays for an awful team with no QB and awful direction. Romo will be 100% by next season.

Carolina will probably go something like 9-7 next season as well haha and everyone will get off Cam's jock. They are just having one of those magical seasons where they are getting all the breaks and winning close games like against us for example. It wouldn't shock me if that team lost their 1st Playoff game, Cam's stats are mediocre and they are just finding ways to win. Stay tuned. I changed the subject just to show how 1 team can be good 1 year and stink the next and vise/versa.

They made a huge mistake letting Murray go. That took so much pressure off of Romo but Murray is just is silly for not taking a little less money to stay with a team that has a great O.Line. He, Romo, and Dez had perfect chemistry. Chemistry is tough to find and really the key behind teams being consistently good every season. It has backfired for the Cowboys and Murray. Murray may have got a little more cash going to Philly but he plays for an awful team with no QB and awful direction. Romo will be 100% by next season.

I wonder if the Cowboys were expecting the Vikings to cut Peterson.

Carolina will probably go something like 9-7 next season as well haha and everyone will get off Cam's jock. They are just having one of those magical seasons where they are getting all the breaks and winning close games like against us for example. It wouldn't shock me if that team lost their 1st Playoff game, Cam's stats are mediocre and they are just finding ways to win. Stay tuned. I changed the subject just to show how 1 team can be good 1 year and stink the next and vise/versa.

I prefer a team that wins how the Panthers are winning than those that depend solely on their QB. Every phase of their game is solid, if not spectacular.

I love that Hardy was a non-factor in the game on Thursday, playing against the team that cut him.

I think Carolina is legit but unproven. I can easily see them losing in the playoffs but they will be very tough to beat at home and really the only team potent enough to probably do it is Arizona.

I prefer a team that wins how the Panthers are winning than those that depend solely on their QB. Every phase of their game is solid, if not spectacular.

I love that Hardy was a non-factor in the game on Thursday, playing against the team that cut him.

The thing about the way the Panthers are winning though doesn't normally consistently happen year in and year out. They are winning in all sorts of different ways, usually the teams that are consistently good for consecutive seasons has had great QB play like the Patriots, Colts, Packers, and Seahawks. Andrew Luck's season last season smokes Cam's this season. Statistically Andrew had 40 TD's - 3 Rushing/16 INT's/4761 Yards/61.7% to Cam's 16 TD's - 5 Rushing/9 INT's/2466 Yards/57.2%. If Cam is in the running for MVP this season then Andrew should've ran away with it last season and Andrew even went 11-5 so we won a lot of games as well LOL. I just don't think teams can play at a consistent greatness for a long period of time without Great QB play. It can work for 1 season like it is for Cam this season but if he plays like this next season no way they sniff 11-0. They are just finding ways to win with Pick6's, Gano kicking FG's in OT, etc.. 

The thing about the way the Panthers are winning though doesn't normally consistently happen year in and year out. They are winning in all sorts of different ways, usually the teams that are consistently good for consecutive seasons has had great QB play like the Patriots, Colts, Packers, and Seahawks. Andrew Luck's season last season smokes Cam's this season. Statistically Andrew had 40 TD's - 3 Rushing/16 INT's/4761 Yards/61.7% to Cam's 16 TD's - 5 Rushing/9 INT's/2466 Yards/57.2%. If Cam is in the running for MVP this season then Andrew should've ran away with it last season and Andrew even went 11-5 so we won a lot of games as well LOL. I just don't think teams can play at a consistent greatness for a long period of time without Great QB play. It can work for 1 season like it is for Cam this season but if he plays like this next season no way they sniff 11-0. They are just finding ways to win with Pick6's, Gano kicking FG's in OT, etc..

I appreciate what you're saying. It is just my preference. I like teams that play well in all facets of the game, not only in one area.

I did not say anything about Newton being the MVP. In Newton's defense, however, he does not have the same caliber of WRs that many of the better QBs have. Who are his WRs? Ted Ginn Jr, Jericho Cotchery, now the rookie Funchess?

When Benjamin returns, Newton's stats will look better.

Nah, he didn't come back too soon, I don't agree. It was his second game back playing, which was 9 weeks after the injury was first suffered.  His first game back vs Dolphins was 8 weeks having missed 7 games, which is a typical number for clearance to play from a fractured bone.  Full strengthening (compared to good side) of the fracture healing takes place from week 8 on to 6  months.  but no team will wait that period out.  Romo was just unfortunate.  Or maybe he twists his body to land away from throwing arm and keeps re-injuring the non-throwing shoulder/clavicle.

But I agree, it will heal again, no big deal, and he will play.  But history shows he might break it again down the road. But not because the doctors released him too soon.