Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Practice (11/25/2015)

TKnight24

Before I start, just wanna wish all of you guy's a happy thanksgiving. Hope you all have a great & safe one, enjoy the company of your loved ones. Even the ones you wanna dropkick haha

Based off OL drills today, 7th-round pick Denzelle Good could very well be the starting RT on Sunday. Has been inactive for first 10 games.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 25, 2015

Based off OL drills today, 7th-round pick Denzelle Good could very well be the starting RT on Sunday. Has been inactive for first 10 games.

Guys that didn’t practice: Adams, Davis, Dorsett, Freeman, Gore, Luck. Those are the guys dealing with injuries. Some rest guys, too.

November 25, 2015

Guys that didn’t practice: Adams, Davis, Dorsett, Freeman, Gore, Luck. Those are the guys dealing with injuries. Some rest guys, too.

Chuck Pagano says “bump and bruises" for Frank Gore. Erik Walden dealing with a heal injury. Had a boot on his right foot.

November 25, 2015

Chuck Pagano says “bump and bruises" for Frank Gore. Erik Walden dealing with a heal injury. Had a boot on his right foot.

Pagano on the play of Jameis Winston as of late: “There’s a reason why he was the No. 1 pick.” Mentions their No. 2 ranked rushing offense.

November 25, 2015

Pagano on the play of Jameis Winston as of late: “There’s a reason why he was the No. 1 pick.” Mentions their No. 2 ranked rushing offense.

Pagano says the Colts practiced Denzelle Good and Jack Mewhort at right tackle today. No final decision there.

November 25, 2015

Pagano says the Colts practiced Denzelle Good and Jack Mewhort at right tackle today. No final decision there.

Pagano on Good: “He’s got great size, length, excellent feet.” Calls him a “dancing bear” at 350 pounds. Just young.

November 25, 2015

Pagano on Good: “He’s got great size, length, excellent feet.” Calls him a “dancing bear” at 350 pounds. Just young.

Pagano jokes about close wins. "I don't think anybody would be able to handle a double-digit win. Shut the building down probably." #Colts

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

November 25, 2015

Pagano jokes about close wins. "I don't think anybody would be able to handle a double-digit win. Shut the building down probably." #Colts

November 25, 2015

November 25, 2015

Thanks for all the updates.  Really makes the work day go by faster!

The question isn't really Denzel Good or Jack Mewhort at RT.  It's Denzel Good at RT or Lance Louis at LG.  Mewhort is going to start and play either way; would we prefer Good or Louis?

Great updates, TK! 

I am really pushing for Good to crack the line up just to see what he can do.  We already know what we have in Louis at this point... and it ain't good!  No pun intended!

I mean, its not like Grigson drafted Good outta Whatsamatta U, right?  He must be a quality player if the all great and powerful Ryan Grigson drafted him!  LOL

Luck says he feels better then he did last week. Still no target date for return. #Colts

November 25, 2015

Luck says he feels better then he did last week. Still no target date for return. #Colts

Luck trusts trainers, doctors, etc. Said certain injuries are "non-negotiable" and "an injured organ is non-negotiable." #Colts

November 25, 2015

Luck trusts trainers, doctors, etc. Said certain injuries are "non-negotiable" and "an injured organ is non-negotiable." #Colts

Andrew Luck said he “felt something” on the hit vs. Denver. Rest is the major rehab right now. “Very confident” he will play this season.

November 25, 2015

Andrew Luck said he “felt something” on the hit vs. Denver. Rest is the major rehab right now. “Very confident” he will play this season.

Luck said he’s doing more on the field this week (rehab/exercises). Bit of “lethargy” last week. No concrete timetable for his return.

November 25, 2015

Luck said he’s doing more on the field this week (rehab/exercises). Bit of “lethargy” last week. No concrete timetable for his return.

Thanks for all the updates. Really makes the work day go by faster!

The question isn't really Denzel Good or Jack Mewhort at RT. It's Denzel Good at RT or Lance Louis at LG. Mewhort is going to start and play either way; would we prefer Good or Louis?

The question is more complex than that. Mewhort is much better at guard than tackle. The difference between Louis and him at guard is huge. Whereas, at RT the difference between Mewhort and Good is likely much smaller. Plus, Bucs DEs are terrible and their DTs, specifically Gerald McCoy, are very good.

I don't know whether to take optimism from Luck's comments or not. Sounds like he would play tomorrow if it were up to him, but then the quote about him being confident playing again "this season" scares me.

Well there is also only like 6 weeks left in the regular season and he's out this week so hearing he will probably be back within 5 weeks isn't too daunting

Is there a possibility that Gore misses the game Sunday?  If so, who backs up Amhad? 

Tipton is still on the roster, and Robinson is on the practice squad. Vick Ballard is also still a free agent, and depending on the terms of his injury settlement, he might be eligible to return to the Colts by now. There are other free agent running backs available as well.

Tipton is still on the roster, and Robinson is on the practice squad. Vick Ballard is also still a free agent, and depending on the terms of his injury settlement, he might be eligible to return to the Colts by now. There are other free agent running backs available as well.

I kind of assumed Tipton was on the roster but didn't know for sure.  I knew Robinson was on the PS. 

The question is more complex than that. Mewhort is much better at guard than tackle. The difference between Louis and him at guard is huge. Whereas, at RT the difference between Mewhort and Good is likely much smaller. Plus, Bucs DEs are terrible and their DTs, specifically Gerald McCoy, are very good.

I'm not sure anyone here knows what the difference of Mewhort vs. Louis at guard is versus the difference between Mewhort and Good at tackle.

You may be right.....     but I think at this point,  it's a complete guessing game on our part....

I don't know whether to take optimism from Luck's comments or not. Sounds like he would play tomorrow if it were up to him, but then the quote about him being confident playing again "this season" scares me. 

Don't read too much into it. They asked him directly how confident he is that he'll be able to return this season, and he answered, without hesitation, "very confident." Confidently. 

They'll obviously evaluate him periodically, but all indications are that he'll be able to come back this year. I think he'd have to experience a setback, or the Colts would have to go on a losing streak and their season be done, in order for Luck to not come back.

I'm not sure anyone here knows what the difference of Mewhort vs. Louis at guard is versus the difference between Mewhort and Good at tackle.

You may be right..... but I think at this point, it's a complete guessing game on our part....

But we do know Mewhort is much, much better at guard than he is at tackle, plus, Louis is not good at guard. So it's a safe assumption that the difference between Mewhort and Good at tackle is less than Mewhort and Louis at guard.

But we do know Mewhort is much, much better at guard than he is at tackle, plus, Louis is not good at guard. So it's a safe assumption that the difference between Mewhort and Good at tackle is less than Mewhort and Louis at guard.

Again.....    you may be 100% right,  but I wouldn't bet on that at all.....

Then again,  I rarely bet on anything......     :peek:

Well, the Colts have to bet one way or the other. If it were me, I'd go with Good at tackle for the reasons given.

If it turns out that they don't...   that they move Mewhort outside and use Louis inside,  I would guess it would go to the idea that if you're going to be weak anywhere,  better to be weak inside,  where a lineman can get help,  than to be weak outside at tackle where there isn't as much help.  

Just thinking outloud,  as I said,  you could easily be right....

If it turns out that they don't... that they move Mewhort outside and use Louis inside, I would guess it would go to the idea that if you're going to be weak anywhere, better to be weak inside, where a lineman can get help, than to be weak outside at tackle where there isn't as much help.

Just thinking outloud, as I said, you could easily be right....

Tampa Bay's DE's aren't very good, but they are good in the middle. Tackles can get just as much help (Doyle/Allen) as Guards do. In this game, we don't really need the help outside as much as we would inside, especially against McCoy. I would keep Mewhort inside and play Herreman/Good outside with Doyle/Allen helping them out and now would be a good time to give Good some action.

If it turns out that they don't... that they move Mewhort outside and use Louis inside, I would guess it would go to the idea that if you're going to be weak anywhere, better to be weak inside, where a lineman can get help, than to be weak outside at tackle where there isn't as much help.

Just thinking outloud, as I said, you could easily be right....

Except, the Bucs have maybe the weakest group of DEs in football and one of the best DTs in football with a few other good guys inside. So that thought process really shouldn't be applied to the Bucs. If they do go with Louis and Mewhort it's likely for the experience and/or uncertainty/lack of confidence in Good.

Except, the Bucs have maybe the weakest group of DEs in football and one of the best DTs in football with a few other good guys inside. So that thought process really shouldn't be applied to the Bucs. If they do go with Louis and Mewhort it's likely for the experience and/or uncertainty/lack of confidence in Good.

You and a few other posters have made that argument and it appears that you're right.

Their strength is up the middle,  especially with McCoy.

Let's hope Goods has come along and can be serviceable.      I confess that I was not happy when I read Pagano describing him as 350 pounds.   Only about 25 pounds too much.........