Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts coming to London!

CowanCCFC

As the president, chairman, secretary and treasurer of the Indianapolis Colts Appreciation Society over here in England let me be first to welcome the team and of course any of you wonderful supporters who might make the trip over here next October. I have crossed the ocean on a number of occasions in order to watch my heroes so I am thrilled to bits to find that after all these years they are going to come and visit me.

My trips to Indie have been wonderful, you are so hospitable, warm and friendly so I am delighted you are coming over so that we may be able to repay some of your kindness.

There is a huge following of fans over here and Wembley Stadium is sold out within minutes of the tickets going on sale. The one big difference though is that there is no advantage in being the home side and this is because every single NFL fan, regardless of the team he or she supports, wants to watch a regular season game of NFL football in the flesh. Obviously there are not going to be 90,000 Jag's fans here in London and neither will there be 90,000 Colts supporters but every one of the 90,000 odd fans will be at the game wearing the replica shirts of the teams they support. This of course results in colours of all 32 NFL teams being worn with pride all around the ground. It is a magnificent spectacle. For those of you making the trip there will be the warmest of welcomes awaiting you and some surprises too because British fans are as knowledgible and fanatical about the game as you are.

We drive on the left, car steering wheels are on the right, we use pounds sterling as currency, not euros, we do have Starbucks but hate them for not paying taxes, there are McDonalds of course you can buy Bud but you should try scrumpy cider, you will be able to watch four NFL Sunday games live on television plus the Monday night and Thursday night games, Wembley is the home of the England soccer team but they are rubbish, so what more can I tell you? Should you want to know anything else

send me an email or bring it up here I suppose.

I don't know how this form of communication works so forgive England's biggest Colt supporter for not understanding quite how to operate the system. Bon voyage. 

Peregrine Trousers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No No No. I hate london games

European fans don't get to watch any TNF, MNF or SNF as well as any decent 1pm games live because they either all start at 1/2 oclock in the morning or are blacked out on gamepass so your networks can show them live.

You can get through one game being shown a few hours earlier. I'll just be here playing my violin for you along with all the other european fans.

European fans don't get to watch any TNF, MNF or SNF as well as any decent 1pm games live because they either all start at 1/2 oclock in the morning or are blacked out on gamepass so your networks can show them live.

You can get through one game being shown a few hours earlier. I'll just be here playing my violin for you along with all the other european fans.

^ Yep, so much this....

:violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin: 

The tiniest taste of the pain we endure EVERY WEEK....

So how many Colts fans are there in the UK? Tens? Hundreds? Thousands? Anybody have any idea? Just wondering how loud it will be there when the Colts score.

"They're are dozens of us!" In reality I'm sure there are a lot of colts fans there because of Peyton, can't imagine many patriot fans there considering the patriots fought England in the revolutionary war

I travel for a living buddy, trust me no level of sleep or pampering on the plane stops the jet lag.

I am not your buddy, so why would I trust you? For someone who can't understand why a 'one off' trip with a full week of adjustment time, either side of the game will not be an issue, then I don't care about your thoughts. And unless you live in or around London, I worry that you might fall asleep during the game.

PS - tounge in cheek, I'll buy you a beer next October!

"They're are dozens of us!" In reality I'm sure there are a lot of colts fans there because of Peyton, can't imagine many patriot fans there considering the patriots fought England in the revolutionary war

Now this made me roll. (second half of your last sentence) Love it, bbb!

:)

At last. A 30 minute journey to Wembley for me. Not quite the 16 hour journey the last time I went to see my team! I'm liking the forum get together idea. I'll be the one wearing a Luck jersey.....see you there!

And as SteelCityColt is a mod, he gets to organise it....

I abstain on the grounds of incompetence. 

At last. A 30 minute journey to Wembley for me. Not quite the 16 hour journey the last time I went to see my team! I'm liking the forum get together idea. I'll be the one wearing a Luck jersey.....see you there!

And as SteelCityColt is a mod, he gets to organise it....

I abstain on the grounds of incompetence. 

I second the nomination of SteelCityColt on the grounds of Incompetence being no excuse... it doesn't stop any of the Company Directors at my work running the show....

I'm happy for you guys who will get to see them in person now, but outside of that, I absolutely HATE the London games. The travel is INSANE for the team, and I can only imagine how much this messes up schedule, routine, and recovery time. I so wish the Colts were not a part of this ridiculousness. 

The League has stipulated that all teams must participate.  We have been lucky that the Colts have put it off this long.

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Who is considered the home team.

That's the main thing I don't like.  Who ever is considered the home team misses a real true home game.  

The jags are considered the home team. 

It's an away game for the colts. But I can almost guarantee there will be more support for the colts at the game than the jags, thanks in no small part to Peyton Manning getting the colts exposure.

17 hours ago, Chucklez said:

The jags are considered the home team. 

It's an away game for the colts. But I can almost guarantee there will be more support for the colts at the game than the jags, thanks in no small part to Peyton Manning getting the colts exposure.

Fine with me then.  I'll have to get up early for the game but honestly games in the morning work out well for me.  

On 11/26/2015, 3:06:31, AZColt11 said:

So how many Colts fans are there in the UK?  Tens?  Hundreds?  Thousands?  Anybody have any idea?  Just wondering how loud it will be there when the Colts score.

Judging by myself and a couple of european colts fans on this forum, it's going to be more interbational fans at the game than just UK fans.

Money is saved, days off from work saved, but my only fear is not getting the tickets.. I heard they get sold out in a matter of minutes...

Anyone has any experience with getting the tickets for nfl games at wembley?

On 11/26/2015, 4:23:42, UKColt13 said:

I don't understand, do you have a different kind of gamepass in UK? I've had it for years and there never was any blackout..

20 hours ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

I don't understand, do you have a different kind of gamepass in UK? I've had it for years and there never was any blackout..

Ive had it for abour 4 year now. I don't know whether its just a UK thing but they blackout 1 1am and 1 4:30 game every week. Sadly they're usually the better games.

If the game is blacked out, I cant watch it until I think 24 hours later.

22 hours ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Ive had it for abour 4 year now. I don't know whether its just a UK thing but they blackout 1 1am and 1 4:30 game every week. Sadly they're usually the better games.

If the game is blacked out, I cant watch it until I think 24 hours later.

Yep, because Sky (TV Network Provider in the UK) have a deal with the NFL to show primetime games on their channels, there is a 24 hour  "blackout" so that no one else can essentially steal viewers from them because they pay the NFL to be able to broadcast the games.

If you could watch the games on NFL gamepass at the same time, Sky would essentially be potentially paying the NFL to broadcast those games, just for someone to potentially watch them somewhere else... Hence the blackout until 24h later.