Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts coming to London!

CowanCCFC

As long as the Colts sell out all their home games they'll never play a home game outside of Indy. Only teams like the jags, raiders, and bucs that don't sell out at home will have home games in London or where ever the nfl goes next.

There was talk that if a team wanted to host the SuperBowl then they would need to volunteer to give up a home game for the international games. Doesn't look like they have enforced it this year but that may change in the future.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't thinks it's that much worse than traveling to the west coast. And since when did NFL players become such delicate butterflies? The horror of taking a private plan to London to play a football game......

Flight time from Indy to London: 9 hours, 30 minutes.

Flight time from Indy to San Fran: 5 hours.

Not even close.

COME TO MEXICO DARN IT

Flip over to "NFL in General". Read "What is the NFL trying to accomplish in Europe" thread. Especially, the I formation that "ColtsBlueFL" has put into his posts. Good info pertaining to the countries that the NFL is targeting, including Mexico.

Flip over to "NFL in General". Read "What is the NFL trying to accomplish in Europe" thread. Especially, the I formation that "ColtsBlueFL" has put into his posts. Good info pertaining to the countries that the NFL is targeting, including Mexico.

nice, I will talke a look.

thx

Flight time from Indy to London: 9 hours, 30 minutes.

Flight time from Indy to San Fran: 5 hours.

Not even close.

I'm surprised by that, not that it is more than flying from Indy to San Francisco, but I flew from Chicago to Frankfort and it took a little over 9 hours. I would have thought that Indy to London would be less than 9 hours.

I'm happy for you guys who will get to see them in person now, but outside of that, I absolutely HATE the London games. The travel is INSANE for the team, and I can only imagine how much this messes up schedule, routine, and recovery time. I so wish the Colts were not a part of this ridiculousness. 

As someone who lives in England and quite regularly travels back and forth between Colorado and London (which is a solid 2 hour longer flight than it is to Indy), I can tell you it really isn't that bad on your body clock at all... Maybe takes a day, two at the most to get over the jet lag (which isnt even that bad in itself).

The Colts spend most of the week before the game in the UK, so by the time it is game time they are well adjusted, and then when they return most teams dont do a full practice until the Wednesday after, by which point they would easily be adjusted back... It's only a 5 hour time difference between Indy and London.

It takes over a week to adjust to the time.

It's a real thing.

As someone who lives in England and regularly travels to Colorado to visit family, I can confirm that Jet lag is a real thing, but LOL it does NOT take a week to adjust.

2 days (3 if you have a weird body clock).... tops....

I don't care that the Colts have to go to London, they're professional football players, they'll figure it out. But the NFL's greed is really starting to get under my skin and really turned me off on the league. First the fake breast cancer awareness crap, then the fake military appreciation crap, then trying to "expand" the game worldwide, when the NFL can't even figure out what is and isn't a catch, or how to pull a guy with a concussion off of the field. The league is a total dog and pony show.