Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton to miss extended time

oldunclemark

There are reports Tuesday night that not only will Peyton Manning miss the New England game, he will also sit out at least the Dec. 6 game with San Diego.

His injured foot will be in a cast/boot for the next so the earlier he could be active would be Dec. 13 against Oakland...more likely the Dec. 20 game in Pittsburgh.

That seems to fit the estimated month rehab that some talked about for the type of foot injury he has.

Sounds like they do expect him back, though./

I would not be surprised if he never throws another pass in the nfl.

I don't think elway is crazy about bringing him back, especially if Brock is playing ok.

We may have seen the last of peyton.

Tell me you think they can win 2 playoff games with Brock to get to the Super Bowl?

Big Brock was good last week but they won 17-15 over the Bears....he's got to be better than he was.

We know what a healthy Peyton can do

He's not been fully healthy in 2 years....father time has finally caught him. It's truly sad to see, I'm a huge peyton fan but he's not had the zip or the accuracy he had the first half of last season and all of 2013 even. Let alone his 2010 and before seasons. Peyton is done

Talk is cheap at this point. I'm sure the pats said that to Bledsoe too.....

If Brock wins out.....no way they bench him for an injured QB. Just no way. Even though that QB is PEYTON FREAKING MANNING

They say that's not the case.....It would be hard to go into the playoffs with Brock at QB...,even unbeaten Brock

Lets keep in mind... Osweiler has started exactly one game..

I dont think Kubiak is lying when he says Peyton gets the job back when he is healthy..

He's not been fully healthy in 2 years....father time has finally caught him. It's truly sad to see, I'm a huge peyton fan but he's not had the zip or the accuracy he had the first half of last season and all of 2013 even. Let alone his 2010 and before seasons. Peyton is done

Peyton dominated Green bay 3 weeks ago

Folks have said Peyton is done for 5 years now

I'll be honest, I really hope I'm wrong. I really do. But he's never looked this bad in his career. Some of that may have been this foot thing, but he hasn't really looked like Peyton at all this entire season except the Green Bay game.

Broncos most likely will lose to Patriots, Bengals and Steelers. Chiefs run the table vs Bills, Chargers, Ravens, Browns and the Raiders twice.

That ties them at 11-5, and by virtue of better AFC record, Chiefs win the division and Broncos lose the wild card tie-breaker to Steelers and end up at #6. That was my bold prediction then, it is my bold prediction now as well.

Broncos most likely will lose to Patriots, Bengals and Steelers. Chiefs run the table vs Bills, Chargers, Ravens, Browns and the Raiders twice.

That ties them at 11-5, and by virtue of better AFC record, Chiefs win the division and Broncos lose the wild card tie-breaker to Steelers and end up at #6. That was my bold prediction then, it is my bold prediction now as well.

You are that confident on the Chiefs?

If you keep predicting someone will die some day...you eventually will be right, that's true.

You don't have to prepare for it.

We love to say old athletes are done..makes us feel god, I guess.

I am not sure whats going to happen if you want my honest opinion. The Manning thing is kinda....weird......

It's unlike him to even MISS games as well. So I have to figure he might truly be hurting that badly.

I also sense there is something between Manning and Kubiak that isn't positive. 

That foot injury is no joke, Jules..

I heard he'd be out at least a month ...last week

..Kubiak and Manning do different things but Kubiak wants to win the Super Bowl. He's going to go with the proven hand.

The stated idea in pre-season was to get Peyton to the playoffs healthy..

Kinda like Ben in Pittsburgh and Carson Palmer in Arizona.

At least 10 Bronco free agents came to Denevr to play with Peyton Manning ..Brock is a fill in..and hopefully he wins so they can get a bye week

I am not sure whats going to happen if you want my honest opinion. The Manning thing is kinda....weird......

It's unlike him to even MISS games as well. So I have to figure he might truly be hurting that badly.

I also sense there is something between Manning and Kubiak that isn't positive.

I agree.. especially with that last sentence

Tell me you think they can win 2 playoff games with Brock to get to the Super Bowl?Big Brock was good last week but they won 17-15 over the Bears....he's got to be better than he was.We know what a healthy Peyton can do

It's not me but I don't think kubiak/elway are dyeing to see him back. And yes I think Brock can win 2 playoff games to go to super bowl. Remember, Peyton has a losing record in the playoffs and 9 one and dones. And that post season mark was with him healthy and mostly in his prime.

He is not healthy, and now has a weak arm and way past his prime. You don't think elway is considering that? Add that he is Not mobile enough to run kubiak`s offense.

Brock is Denver's future, not Peyton, and I think elway & kubiak feel like they might as well start the future now.

We may have seen the last of peyton.

I'll be surprised if he ever plays another game. 

This certainly doesn't look good does it? Peyton out til Mid December. Ouch. Sorry Gramz. I know this turn of events is devastating news to you especially.

My condolences also to OUM, Shane, FX Stryker, Jvan, Dwg, Chad just off the top of my head. The mind is strong, but the body just refuses to cooperate anymore. Sigh...We all knew this day would come. 

This certainly doesn't look good does it? Peyton out til Mid December. Ouch. Sorry Gramz. I know this turn of events is devastating news to you especially.

My condolences also to OUM, Shane, FX Stryker, Jvan, Dwg, Chad just off the top of my head. The mind is strong, but the body just refuses to cooperate anymore. Sigh...We all knew this day would come. 

Elway missed 4 games in 1998 and won SB :thmup:

Someday though he will be done mark. You have to prepare for this mentally.

When you're right; you're right Jules. It's officially over for #18 now. Thanks for all the memories Peyton. It was thrilling to watch while it lasted. You will be missed Yoda. "Excellent QB you were Peyton." 

I just don't see Brock winning a ton of games as the franchise quarterback the rest of this season even if by some miracle Peyton made an amazing recovery by say Dec. 15th. 

Tell me you think they can win 2 playoff games with Brock to get to the Super Bowl?

Big Brock was good last week but they won 17-15 over the Bears....he's got to be better than he was.

I know it puzzles me that people actually think the Broncos can win the AFC or then a SB with Brock?? Once Peyton gets healthy he needs to be the QB even if Brock wins 2 or 3 games in a row. I seriously doubt Denver beats the Pats now with Brock in there.

Are you jumping on the Giants wagon now since it's the other Manning?

I am just curious.

Forgive me for speaking on your behalf Shane, but to answer your question Jules, Eli & company have the experience & patience to give NE a run for their money #kryptonite

Big Blue made the Patriots go 18-1 before. Let's see if NY can continue that SB spoiler tradition. I'm game. LOL! Plus in 2007, the G-men lost in the regular season too. #History Repeats Itself. 

Forgive me for speaking on your behalf Shane, but to answer your question Jules, Eli & company have the experience & patience to give NE a run for their money #kryptonite

Big Blue made the Patriots go 18-1 before. Let's see if NY can continue that SB spoiler tradition. I'm game. LOL! Plus in 2007, the G-men lost in the regular season too. #History Repeats Itself.

Not at all my friend. As always, you explained it way better !

It's not me but I don't think kubiak/elway are dyeing to see him back. And yes I think Brock can win 2 playoff games to go to super bowl. Remember, Peyton has a losing record in the playoffs and 9 one and dones. And that post season mark was with him healthy and mostly in his prime.

He is not healthy, and now has a weak arm and way past his prime. You don't think elway is considering that? Add that he is Not mobile enough to run kubiak`s offense.

Brock is Denver's future, not Peyton, and I think elway & kubiak feel like they might as well start the future now.

As much as I want to see Peyton play again this season, everything you said is right, especially with Kubiak not chomping at the bit to see him back. Even though it was against the Bears, Brock showed that he belonged in the NFL & despite them playing NE next & what BB usually does to young QBs, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Denver wins because Kubiak's offenses over the years have routinely given Bill's defenses problems, averaging 25 ppg & 358.7 yds of total offense(243.2 passing, 115.5 rushing) in 12 games going 5-7 against him.