Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sio Moore, Nate Irving, Denzelle Good

BProland85

Hey so I haven't been able to watch the past 2 Colts games and was wondering if these guys are getting any playing time at all. I think Sio Moore shows promise as a pass coverage LB who can blitz from time to time. Irving should only be in on running downs in my opinion. And with the possibility of not having Costanzo for a few games, Good should be in the conversation at RT instead of Mewhort who is more comfortable at LG.

Hey so I haven't been able to watch the past 2 Colts games and was wondering if these guys are getting any playing time at all. I think Sio Moore shows promise as a pass coverage LB who can blitz from time to time. Irving should only be in on running downs in my opinion. And with the possibility of not having Costanzo for a few games, Good should be in the conversation at RT instead of Mewhort who is more comfortable at LG.

So hey, since you haven't watched the last two games, and we happened to beat Denver and Atlanta, I'd like to petition you to not watch any other games this season. Keep the winning streak alive!

Nate Irving got some minutes earlier this season.

I was a huge Nate Irving advocate but in the limited action he saw, he looked: 1) lost; 2) fat; 3) slow; 4)lost; 5) fat; 6) slow.

I couldn't believe I was watching an NFL player on the field.

He's coming off the ACL injury has had a couple of set backs with the knee. I think that both will be a good signings when all is said and done. Plus DQ is having a pretty good year.

I'm lost on the lust for Good too.

I didn't know anything about Sio Moore when we got him, but I recall a lot of enthusiasm for him at the time and watched his highlight reel and he looked impressive.  But he seems invisible on our team for the most part.  Is he a bad fit, just not very good, does he suffer from Nate Irving disease (lost, fat and slow as above stated) or what exactly? 

I didn't know anything about Sio Moore when we got him, but I recall a lot of enthusiasm for him at the time and watched his highlight reel and he looked impressive. But he seems invisible on our team for the most part. Is he a bad fit, just not very good, does he suffer from Nate Irving disease (lost, fat and slow as above stated) or what exactly?

He's coming off hip surgery. I expected to get to see more of both this year and we still might the last 1/3 and hopefully into the playoffs. I believe both signings were with an eye on the future.

DQ has been good maybe better than anticipated. I think that has kept Moore from seeing more time. I have read Irving had a set back with his knee a few weeks back. He's coming of ACL surgery.

Freeman is 29 on a one year deal. DQ is getting up there. Moore is only 25. Irving is 27? I think.

We get both healthy next year and grab someone in the draft. We have Herrera on the PS, Skyvestre on the IR.

Maybe we can take DQ and Freeman's money and go get Mitchell Schwartz to play RT or Wiesnewski to play C or even better both.

We would have to pony up some dough. I'm not sure of the contracts and am to lazy to look it up during the season.

We could potentially uograde the ILB position and use that money else where.

I think Grig's has done a pretty good job of getting young guys to bring along behind the vets. He's has at least shown forward thinking. With the exception of C not sure what the deal is with him and Holmes.

How many 7th round tackles remain on the regular roster the entire season?  If he was just a 7th round pick from Mars Hill they would have cut the guy a long time ago and he'd be on the PS or gone entirely.  If they give him a shot It wouldn't surprise me because it's next man up and the kid has talent.  I think the Tampa game is as good as any if they want to let the guy play.  Worst case scenario it would be like the catastrophe we had with Reitz against Jacksonville last year, whch in that case we may pull him and put Mewhort in his place.  Or the kid will do a solid job and  that will give us more options.  I do hate to see our interior get shaken up again by moving Mewhort to the outside but that's probably what they will do.

I'll share a story on Good. This is simply a repeat of a cool Grigson inside story. I'm taking no position but must admit it intrigued and excited me. Good was one of Grigson' diamond in the rough scouting finds. He absolutely loves the guy and feels he could be a 10-year starter at LT or RT or be an incredibly versatile backup tackle. Guy can dunk a basketball. Grigsy described his feet as elite ("dancing bear"). Very raw because of tiny college system. Believe he was a basketball player.

Grigson called him to let him know they were going to make him our first UDFA signing. He got intel that the Jets had discovered him and we're gonna spend a 7th. (If memory serves maybe one or two other teams). Several others were going to make him #1 UDFA signing. Gig was up, he'd been discovered. So happy to spend a 7th on a huge upside prospect.

Reitz has played really well, IMO this year. Great game against Atlanta. Second rated RT by PFF for November. I love Reitz. Always have. Versality may save an extra roster spot. Good sounds quite similar with way better feet than Joey. But with Reitz playing so well (injury prone til this year) and Castonzo being a future probowler (yeah poor year this year until recent), Good won't see the lineup for a bit. And that's fine.

I'll share a story on Good. This is simply a repeat of a cool Grigson inside story. I'm taking no position but must admit it intrigued and excited me. Good was one of Grigson' diamond in the rough scouting finds. He absolutely loves the guy and feels he could be a 10-year starter at LT or RT or be an incredibly versatile backup tackle. Guy can dunk a basketball. Grigsy described his feet as elite ("dancing bear"). Very raw because of tiny college system. Believe he was a basketball player.

Grigson called him to let him know they were going to make him our first UDFA signing. He got intel that the Jets had discovered him and we're gonna spend a 7th. (If memory serves maybe one or two other teams). Several others were going to make him #1 UDFA signing. Gig was up, he'd been discovered. So happy to spend a 7th on a huge upside prospect.

Reitz has played really well, IMO this year. Great game against Atlanta. Second rated RT by PFF for November. I love Reitz. Always have. Versality may save an extra roster spot. Good sounds quite similar with way better feet than Joey. But with Reitz playing so well (injury prone til this year) and Castonzo being a future probowler (yeah poor year this year until recent), Good won't see the lineup for a bit. And that's fine.

It took Reitz several years for spot duty and lineup changes to become what he is and in my opinion that is a nice solid NFL RT. He's playing well and he may just be our RT of the future.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Good can do.  I seem to recall he did well in pre-season.  It would make the most sense in my mind to disrupt the O-line as little as possible by keeping Mewhort at LG, shifting Reitz to LT and putting Good in at RT.  That way you only have 1 player shifting position and you keep Lance "I can't block a kitten" Louis out of the lineup...

If Good is getting owned then you pull him and go with the lineup you ended last week's game at.

Just my thoughts.  Let's give the kid a chance and see what he does.  With a name like Good how bad can he be?  Thank you very much, I'll be here all week!

I had not heard that before...... just a theory here and I have no basis on it, just thinking out loud....what if Grigs original plan was to snag Collins and then sign Good.........  Man, that could have been huge.

As the Colts returned to the practice field on Wednesday, signs indicate that the Colts might not go with that configuration but rather insert rookie Denzelle Good into the lineup at right tackle.  That was what was evident during the portion of practice open to the media, at least:

Based off OL drills today, 7th-round pick Denzelle Good could very well be the starting RT on Sunday. Has been inactive for first 10 games.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 25, 2015

I'd like to see more of Sio and Adongo. Sio can play all the linebacker spots, obviously Freeman and Jackson are playing well right now so maybe you have Sio play more at Werners spot.  It's obvious to me they are just taking Werner  out of the plans.  Like to see what Adongo has in a situational pass rusher role.  We've got enough guys on this team to get more push than what we are getting.  Play Em!

go+to+your+room.jpg

From colts.com....

My first cousin that scouted him...

"With a roster including 90 players, Ryan Grigson is known for his surprises when scouring every avenue each offseason.

The latest example was Good, hailing from Division II Mars Hill in North Carolina.

Good participated at Regional and Super Regional Combines this offseason where the Colts saw enough to fly offensive quality control coach Frank Giufre down to work out the 6-5, 339-pound offensive tackle.

“Right after the workout, (Good) dunked effortlessly and really got pretty high above the rim for a 340-pound cat,” Grigson said of Good’s athleticism following the draft."

From colts.com....

"With a roster including 90 players, Ryan Grigson is known for his surprises when scouring every avenue each offseason.

The latest example was Good, hailing from Division II Mars Hill in North Carolina.

Good participated at Regional and Super Regional Combines this offseason where the Colts saw enough to fly offensive quality control coach Frank Giufre down to work out the 6-5, 339-pound offensive tackle.

“Right after the workout, (Good) dunked effortlessly and really got pretty high above the rim for a 340-pound cat,” Grigson said of Good’s athleticism following the draft."

I like the option of having Good at RT and keeping the interior intact. I don't hear Herriman's name being mention...what a waste.

From colts.com....

He's definitely athletic. He wasn't awful in preseason. 

Nate Irving got some minutes earlier this season.

I was a huge Nate Irving advocate but in the limited action he saw, he looked: 1) lost; 2) fat; 3) slow; 4)lost; 5) fat; 6) slow.

I couldn't believe I was watching an NFL player on the field.

what game was this. ... The Houston that he started in he was everywhere out there looked like a pro bowl ILB