Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers starting over lowery?

CR91

Nope, The hype this kid has gotten to is unreal

he had a very solid first starting game against a high flying O and he had some impressive plays so it's not crazy for him to get the hype he's getting now. What I liked the most is he doesn't really give up, like when he over persued fell down and got back up and ran and made the tackle. Do I wish we would have made the first tackle of course but things like that will come together with experience and it gives alot of us hope for a position of need

No Lowery was a good signing Geathers will continue to get more snaps I believe but don't see him taking over.

I would love to see the back end at full strength for a stretch. We have been hit hard with injuries this yr

Not as brutal as what just happened to Baltimore... in fact, I can never remember a year with so many QB injuries, especially to name QB's (as opposed to scrubs) and other high profile players.  This has to be somewhere near a record for such loss of productivity.  In a few cases, the teams actually benefitted (Chicago learning Langford will be their main back next year and KC learning West can nearly match Charles's productivity (and they'll have BOTH next year...yikes!).  In our case, we have the H man probably only for this year as we had to twist his arm to come back and many freaked out during preseason when he looked so terrible and old (and he did in fact look really bad).  So it seems we'll have to spend a draft choice in a trade or actually draft a back up for Luck as his injury might be continually career threatening (separation of shoulder, based on SOME Dr.'s reporting when they first announced that) which is certainly something we're not used to in Indy being so spoiled by Manning and Luck's first 3 years. 

Lowery is still on his game so why sit the experienced player down just to see a hit fest?  Lowery knows what's going on out there and so does Adams and they both make plays.  Most importantly they both make timely interceptions that give the ball back to our offense.  You might as well leave the two of them in place and continue playing Clayton at the Dime Linebacker like Deone Buchannon and let him cover up the tight ends.  Let him continue to grow, I still think he's a bit wild but gives real good effort.  I think we should maximize the best of everything we have that is positive.  But I'll say I'm glad we won't be seeing Awful Colt Anderson back there again!

nah when healthy our safety duo of Adams and Lowery is definetly a strength of the team, let him develop some more under the 2 veterans playing situational ball then when the time comes meaning Adams contract expiring or him deciding to retire we should have our next staring safety

I'd personally like to see Geathers back there with Adams.  I think his ceiling is higher than Lowerys.  People talk about Geathers getting burnt in coverage, it happens to Lowery a lot too.  Lowery is a solid vet so I am sure it'll be Adams and Lowery.  Geathers will get his chance if either one of those two go down.  Hopefully next year he's starting.

No Lowery was a good signing Geathers will continue to get more snaps I believe but don't see him taking over.

I would love to see the back end at full strength for a stretch. We have been hit hard with injuries this yr

Except for the BIG ONE, I think we've been pretty good with injuries.  Every team is going to have them, you just hope the difference makers aren't out.

But I agree, having Luck injured would define us as being hit hard even if no one else was injured on the entire team.

Doubtful. He still makes mistakes in coverage. I'm pretty sure he blew the coverage on the Falcons' first TD. 

Agree .. but I think he's sees a good amount of snaps. On a bit of "off topic" , this was IMO a very good draft class . Too bad it was decimated by injury. If D Smith is a keeper , it's (again just MO) a major HR.

Agree .. but I think he's sees a good amount of snaps. On a bit of "off topic" , this was IMO a very good draft class . Too bad it was decimated by injury. If D Smith is a keeper , it's (again just MO) a major HR.

Oh yeah, play him all day, but we're not benching Lowery or Adams for him.