OLine if AC can't play

lennymoore24

If AC can't play against Tampa, I actually think that best Oline would be:

LT Reitz

LG Mewhort

C Holmes

RG Thornton

RT Good

I don't like switching Mewhort to tackle and bringing in Louis.  I think Good will do a solid job at RT.  And the faster Holmes is back in at center, the better.

What do you all think would be best Oline while AC is out?

Unfortunately they are going to go with:

Reitz-Louis-Harrisson-Thornton-Mewhort

I agree that Reitz-Mewhort-Holmes-Thornton-Good would be the better option. 

I don't think the team has officially announced their decision but given that Good hasn't been active or seen any playing time I would be surprised that he breaks into the lineup.  And clearly they liked Mewhort enough at RT to start him there this season.

I guess we shall see on Sunday tho... Or if we get any reports from practice.

If AC can't play against Tampa, I actually think that best Oline would be:

LT Reitz

LG Mewhort

C Holmes

RG Thornton

RT Good

I don't like switching Mewhort to tackle and bringing in Louis.  I think Good will do a solid job at RT.  And the faster Holmes is back in at center, the better.

What do you all think would be best Oline while AC is out?

Lenny, you saw what i saw.

Harrison was really Not Good against Atlanta.

AC & Reitz were/are very mediocre. Ugh!

Reitz & Mewhort at tackle will be Phug----leeeee!

A slowed down AC will be Yikes!

Doesn't really matter what we think. Last week's lineup after AC's injury will be starting this week.

No, it doesn't matter what we think.  I don't think any forum member has illusions that their posts here influence the powers that be.

Last week's lineup is not necessarily going to be this weeks.  On game day they can only dress 45, so they make due with who is available.  Now that they have time to try out some different combinations they may have a different lineup than what they were forced to do on game day.  They may not, they may feel the line that finished the game is the best, but it does not have to be so.

No, it doesn't matter what we think.  I don't think any forum member has illusions that their posts here influence the powers that be.

Last week's lineup is not necessarily going to be this weeks.  On game day they can only dress 45, so they make due with who is available.  Now that they have time to try out some different combinations they may have a different lineup than what they were forced to do on game day.  They may not, they may feel the line that finished the game is the best, but it does not have to be so.

How much of the problem against Atlanta do you think was bad line calls from Harrison?

LT-Reitz

LG-Mewhort

C-Harrison

RG-Thornton

RT-Good...If Good is simply in over his head by lets say Halftime I'd bite the bullet and put Herremans in at RT which he has experience at...In no way shape or form do I want to see Lance Louis play RT

I'm kinda more interested in seeing if we can exploit Gosder Cherilus with Robert Mathis andNewsome by flipping Cole and Mathis from time to time and  bringing in Newsome in from time to time if Cole continues to prove ineffective if we can get Tampa in 3rd and long situations

To me its just depressing that todd herremans has fallen so far off the radar that the coaches haven't even mentioned him in any of the equations.

Yes. This has been the biggest disappointment to me from FA. I can't tell you how much I was pumped when they signed him. Herremans years @ Philly were very solid ones. It's still a head scratcher to me. Really thought he'd be a major contribution to the OL on a consistent basis. ...smh... Dunno what happened. Age catching him?

Yes. This has been the biggest disappointment to me from FA. I can't tell you how much I was pumped when they signed him. Herremans years @ Philly were very solid ones. It's still a head scratcher to me. Really thought he'd be a major contribution to the OL on a consistent basis. ...smh... Dunno what happened. Age catching him?

I thought he was solid but I didn't see him coming here and fixing the O Line problems or being that missing piece

Certainly appears that way. Was he playing against mostly 4-3 or 3-4 in Philly? So many changes there at various times, I've forgotten.

Just depends on the team defensive philosophy that week, Sometimes 43, other times 34. He has played RT and RG at Philly before.

From reports I read , he was bad last year.. and thats why he was cut. I guess often 2+2 is 4. Add another year to a player losing his skills and this is what you get. 

Good was not even on the active roster last week, which means he was not at Atlanta to play when A.C. went down.

I do like Good starting this week though.  Less moving parts to plug him in, He's a mauler in the run game,-which is what Indy needs- and M.H. throws fast enough to account for Goods learning curve in pass protection.

Just makes too much sense to me......so Indy will probably not do it.

I'd rather have Herremans at RT than Good at this point since he's played it before.  (ducks under a desk).  He may do better at this position.  

He has more Pro experience. 

I'm surprised that they haven't given him a second look.  The first two games were complete trash for most of the offense and not just the line. 

I'd rather have Herremans at RT than Good at this point since he's played it before.  (ducks under a desk).  He may do better at this position.  

He has more Pro experience. 

I'm surprised that they haven't given him a second look.  The first two games were complete trash for most of the offense and not just the line. 

This doesn't have to do directly with Herremans  because he had some solid years in Philly but after so many years just starting a player just because he has pro experience (as opposed to Good for example who has little) is not a good enough reason to not give a rookie a shot IF said veteran is not good at his position in my opinion....Example: Lance Louis....Bad O Lineman benched for Thornton who previously only had 20 starts in 2 years prior to this year.

Now Thornton has shown mixed results (But has certainly gotten better as a pass blocker) and may not prove to be the answer going forward (I'd draft a Guard maybe to compete with him next year) but the alternative is Lance Louis who has no business being on the field unless an emergency happens

This doesn't have to do directly with Herremans  because he had some solid years in Philly but after so many years just starting a player just because he has pro experience (as opposed to Good for example who has little) is not a good enough reason to not give a rookie a shot IF said veteran is not good at his position in my opinion....Example: Lance Louis....Bad O Lineman benched for Thornton who previously only had 20 starts in 2 years prior to this year.

Now Thornton has shown mixed results (But has certainly gotten better as a pass blocker) and may not prove to be the answer going forward (I'd draft a Guard maybe to compete with him next year) but the alternative is Lance Louis who has no business being on the field unless an emergency happens

Maybe, but Herremans has shown that he has the ability to be at least mediocre on the line.  I think he played two games with the Colts on the line and I'm not saying that he's great by any means.  I'm all for putting Good in at some point if need be but with Castanzo out it and a rookie in at RT, it makes it a very difficult decision.  

As I originally stated, I thought Good will play.  He is a good player.  I know,I know, he hasn't played in  an regular season game. But he has the size and feet. He will be a good player. I think he is better than any other options.  I wouldn't be surprised if by next year he is the starter and Reitz gets kicked inside.

As I originally stated, I thought Good will play.  He is a good player.  I know,I know, he hasn't played in  an regular season game. But he has the size and feet. He will be a good player. I think he is better than any other options.  I wouldn't be surprised if by next year he is the starter and Reitz gets kicked inside.

i hope that doesn't happen next year because that means the Colts won't have addressed the oline in the off-season outside of maybe the center spot.