Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Wants to Play in 2016, Maybe Somewhere Other Than Denver

SteelDragon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was posted by dw49 in a different thread

News Denver's Mike Klis reports Peyton Manning is "incensed" by a report he is planning to play football in 2016.

Incensed means "very angry" or "enraged." A Sunday night report stated Manning was preparing to play next season regardless of the Broncos' plans for him. Per Klis, Manning has not even considered his intentions for 2016 yet, and seriously contemplated retirement following the 2014 season. Manning is a smart guy who can likely see the writing on the wall. While we wouldn't be shocked if he returned for 2016, retiring after this season still seems most likely. Physically, the 39-year-old has very little left. Manning will turn 40 next March.

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter

Nov 23 - 5:53 PM

I get that Manning is a very driven person, but I also know that if Peyton doesn't think he can compete at a high level, he will hang up his cleats for good. 

Eventually with a foot injury, a rib injury, & a thigh injury in the past...The accumulation of pain & rehab takes it's toll. I think this is the beginning of the end of 18's NFL career. 

Sorry Peyton, I know it hurts. I still love you man especially in your heyday from 2004-2009. I hope that another interest, hobby, or 2nd career choice will satisfy your competitive juices. 

This is how I will always remember Yoda: Young & a fierce quarterback assassin at heart. [Tesla is 1 of my favorite bands around so by using this cover; I am bestowing the highest praise upon Peyton Manning]....

Music is may bag man. It's SW1's primary tool of tribute. 

I get that Manning is a very driven person, but I also know that if Peyton doesn't think he can compete at a high level, he will hang up his cleats for good. 

Eventually with a foot injury, a rib injury, & a thigh injury in the past...The accumulation of pain & rehab takes it's toll. I think this is the beginning of the end of 18's NFL career. 

Sorry Peyton, I know it hurts. I still love you man especially in your heyday from 2004-2009. I hope that another interest, hobby, or 2nd career choice will satisfy your competitive juices. 

This is how I will always remember Yoda: Young & a fierce quarterback assassin at heart. [Tesla is 1 of my favorite bands around so by using this cover; I am bestowing the highest praise upon Peyton Manning]....

Wow, I have that CD. Bowie wrote a great song but I still like Mott The Hoople's cover the best.

With how Manning was playing before the injuries it is quite understandable all these questions and doubts. IMO Manning should have hung it up last season but who am I to say when it's time?

Better to retire one year too early than one year too late. He hasn't been himself for about a season and a half now

Wow, I have that CD. Bowie wrote a great song but I still like Mott The Hoople's cover the best.

Yeah, I get that the original Mott cover has it's charm CC1 & I love Bowie too as Bogie can attest to as well. I just really enjoy this cover by Tesla. One of the best I have ever heard actually. 

I will miss #18 when he is truly gone from football, but I also know every career has a sunset period too. Nothing but admiration for Peyton. 

You have good tastes in music my friend. I would expect nothing less from you.  :hat:

Better to retire one year too early than one year too late. He hasn't been himself for about a season and a half now

Yup, it's time. Peyton has nothing else to prove. He's a living legend, a Champion, & a superb human being. After this season, it's time to take your final sports bow & just enjoy life with your lovely wife & kids. 

for the athlete, I'm guessing is not better to retire one year too early. You always regret it.

,,and in Peyton's case, remember how many publically pleaded with him to retire in 2012 when he didn't look good in the first few games after the neck surgery.

"He cant do it," they said. "He has nothing to prove," they said. "Its sad to watch him," they said.

"He should have retired a year ago (in 2011)" they said.

Remember?

I want him to get one more shot at the Super Bowl...This season isn't over for him

The timing of this story seems off to me as we are still in the middle of the season and Manning could play again this season. I do wonder if perhaps someone from his camp leaked this out to notify other teams of Manning's intentions to play in 2016? I don't know. But it seems strange. Probably more likely that the media is just :stir:

All I can say is that the Broncs were what?  8-0 at one point with Peyton quarterbacking.  Some here were preaching Denver would beat NE for a trip to the Super Bowl.  Now we are sending him to the old folks home because he has a torn plantar fascia? 

I have talked about cases of plantar fasciitis before. It is excruciatingly painful.  This is a TORN version.  Has to be awful to endure.

I think once again I say it is up to Peyton to retire or not.  If he feels the bones, joints tendons, neck and other injuries have put his career at an end, HE will decide.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was scared on Denver's last drive against us would be yet another Peyton moment.  It could have just has been a 9-0 Broncos record at that point......HMMMM.  What have you done for ME lately.  :)   

It is Peyton's right to seek employment elsewhere based on if he can throw well or not. However, the media and fans who wish to bash Peyton want to spin it as a political move to force Elway's hand. To me, what is there to force? It is not like Peyton was sat down only because he was injured, he was stinking it up. The move to Brock was based on injury AND performance. His best chance to show any team out there that he is worth something is by getting back on the field with "Denver", period. 

The media is stirring the pot unnecessarily, IMO. 

Mike Florio on a Denver Sports talk radio show:

http://www.1043thefan.com/2015/11/23/mike-florio-the-drive/

Mike will not say it is from Peyton's camp, nor will he acknowledge the inaccuracy not corroborated by anyone else that the media can find. 

lol, Florio

'not everything comes to light from a leak'

I feel like he's admitting he made this up

If Peyton can heal up where his dings do not impair what is left of his abilities, he can thrive, especially with that Broncos D.  Peyton is 6 months younger than Matt Hasselbeck.  Uninjured he is at least of the same capability as Matt.  Both have lost arm strength, and just can't drive it hard into tight windows anymore.  Thus route running is important for the receivers to gain separation.

The Broncos at Peyton's age are supposed to be a run first, defense loaded team.  Peyton has a few golden bullets and the experience to use them to get a win if the the run game and D do their jobs.  If the Broncos rely on him to throw 50 times a game (or us with Matt as well) then that s trouble.  Peyton has to tone down to be a better game manager and pull out the '2 minute miracle scoring drives' when needed, and not every series.

https://youtu.be/yrCvXYNp9P0

Really like Mott the Hoople's original version 1972. Hey, I'm old. Love that "Skynryd" print across the Tesla cover. Thanks, SW1.

:)

Mike Florio on a Denver Sports talk radio show:

http://www.1043thefan.com/2015/11/23/mike-florio-the-drive/

Mike will not say it is from Peyton's camp, nor will he acknowledge the inaccuracy not corroborated by anyone else that the media can find. 

LOL! 

"Did you talk to Peyton Manning?" "No, I don't wanna get into all that." Translation: No, I'll pulled this whole circus story out of my caboose. 

"Look, I stand by what I said & I stand by it." Translation: Nobody's buying your bull crap story Mike. Not Tony Dungy, not the DJs, nobody in America or across the NFL globe man. 

Mike reminds me of the kid in high school whose smug self confidence is about to get his butt kicked by the star DE on the team. The more he protests that's he's accurate; the more I want to throw him a locker & walk away. 

I guarantee you he won't be playing anywhere in the NFL in 2106. 

I starred at your reply for a long time before I figured out that you flipped the numbers around Superman. Yeah I know, SW1 is 1 of those "educated i-diots."  haha

They know their field & nothing else. I do enjoy laughing at my own incompetence from time to time. It's quite liberating on a let's stay grounded level & not get too full of ourselves shall we...Touche. 

That's what he does !. You better believe it.

Yep, "Rain Man" or not Eli just wins every SB he plays in Skip Bayless. Little brother from NFL royalty is just supremely talented. No doubt about it. It's not luck just outstanding skill in the clutch man. Right Brady? 

Oh, I'm sorry did I touch a sensitive nerve there? LOL! 

Really like Mott the Hoople's original version 1972. Hey, I'm old. Love that "Skynryd" print across the Tesla cover. Thanks, SW1.

:)

It's all good CR. I like the original version of that song too. You must respect the foundation before you expand your musical house with new additions or any solid remakes of any classic song like "All The Young Dudes."

You've gotta know where you came from before you can evolve. Believe me, I know that lesson better than most do courtesy of life experience & my professional training.

You know a band is good when if they wanted to they could just do covers for the rest of their lives & still make a darn good living.  

Yep, "Rain Man" or not Eli just wins every SB he plays in Skip Bayless. Little brother from NFL royalty is just supremely talented. No doubt about it. It's not luck just outstanding skill in the clutch man. Right Brady?

Yeah, the Giants' defense had nothing to do with it.

Yeah, the Giants' defense had nothing to do with it.

I seem to recall a few clutch WR catches in both SBs by David Tyree, Hakeem Nicks, & Plaxico Burress making plays in those SBs VL. 

Defense keeps the score manageable yes, but the franchise QB still must execute under the lights correct? I'm not doubting Brady's greatness. Just pointing out he's not the only HOF QB that's all. 

Can't wait for Giants man.

Pats are pretty banged up. I don't even know if they can reach SB.

I love how you guys are hoping and praying that a lousy 5-5 Giants team that has major issues closing games, its best defender in a hamburger helper glove because he is missing digits and a terrible secondary on top is going to make it to the Super Bowl to foil the Pats again. I guess you have to fixate on something to get thru the season.