Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The defense continues to play its tail off

RockThatBlue

I wanna hear more about how we should get rid of Freeman and Jackson.. smh

well I'm definitely for getting rid of Freeman in place of sio Moore. We had one of our best run stopping games with him out and not one of his games this year has been better than the one game Irving and Moore took over for him

The 2nd half was a very good defensive performance.  The secondary concerns me, as we don't really have much behind Vontae.  Hopefully Adams comes back soon.  Geathers played a solid game.  I've also liked Manusky's work with the defense.  He's had to deal with a lot of injuries, but still has the guys going strong.  I like how he's aggressive with his blitzes

The 2nd half was a very good defensive performance.  The secondary concerns me, as we don't really have much behind Vontae.  Hopefully Adams comes back soon.  Geathers played a solid game.  I've also liked Manusky's work with the defense.  He's had to deal with a lot of injuries, but still has the guys going strong.  I like how he's aggressive with his blitzes

That's a great point, 21iS! Aggression is a key component to any defense, especially blitzes when they're called for. And yeah, Adams would certainly help getting back. Any word on him?

They started out bad, but were very solid in the second half. The D is better than its ranking. Freeman getting hurt certainly helped us, but can't help but be happy with the defenses performance in that second half. Great job to the D. They play tough as nails week in and week out.

Yep. Love the tenacity that this defense has been showing the last two games. 1st half - Denver ; 2nd half - Atlanta. Now, if we can get them to string an entire game and be consistent, this could be the recipe for the rest of the season & post season for big Ws.

They started out bad, but were very solid in the second half. The D is better than its ranking. Freeman getting hurt certainly helped us, but can't help but be happy with the defenses performance in that second half. Great job to the D. They play tough as nails week in and week out.

A very good defensive performance this past week. Especially in the 4th quarter. :thmup:

I wanna hear more about how we should get rid of Freeman and Jackson.. smh

i think Freeman is repleacable. LIke next draft replaceable.

he is not bad but he wont give you anything on covering a TE. i KNOW he got a pick 6 but please, its not like he was covering someone, Ryan just missed him.

Some people act like our defense is/was so bad, but what they fail to realize, the points off turnovers our offense is responsible for.  I personally don't know where it's at, but I'm positive they are terrible in that category.  Also the offensive holding penalties that stalled drives and 3 and outs.  It seems that our defense normally starts off good, but after they're on the field so much as a result of slow offensive starts, they get gassed in the second half (early in the season).  Some neglect the secondary reasons for bad defensive numbers at times

i think Freeman is repleacable. LIke next draft replaceable.

he is not bad but he wont give you anything on covering a TE. i KNOW he got a pick 6 but please, its not like he was covering someone, Ryan just missed him.

meant DQ not freeman.

i like freeman

I remember one of them going Vontae's way on Sunday. A weird zone look, like they were trying to play Seattle's Cover 3. The receiver was WIDE open.

I don't remember the play, but if I had to guess it was probably a classic Lowery "don't break on the ball until the WR catches it" play.

i know.  Really impressed with our front line, just wish Anderson wasn't hurt, then maybe we'd have a shot at stopping the pats and beating them assuming we can somehow meet again in the play offs

This thread title could also be "The defense continues to get beat on third and long." Too much zone.

Yup. They are terrible on 3rd and longs. The offense is terrible at 3rd and 1s and the defense is terrible at 3rd and longs. Neither side handles 3rd downs very well for whatever reason. Defense has played well considering being terrible on 3rd downs.

Sadly, Adams is a bit like Bob Sanders when it comes to injuries.