Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D Line replacing Henry Anderson

PeterBowman

Didn't our d-line change scheme? Line's much more disruptive this season. Winn and McGill are solid run stoppers.

We got rid of the big slow guys who were terrible and brought in some quicker, skilled DT's who can actually be disruptive and get into the backfield.

the replacements, Winn, Kerr, and McGill seemed to do a very solid job...outside of Freeman's 39 yd run they held them in check....plus I noticed Winn getting lots of penetration on run plays.

It's nice to actually have depth on the D Line this year

T Y McGill had one tackle, with Langford, Parry, Winn, and  Kerr showing 0 tackles.

But they did a ___ of a job controlling the LOS!

Kudos to Parry for his quick recognition tracking the play and crashing down at just the right time.

I was impressed!

A strange luck we have Again with game day injuries (Freeman) and drive helping penalties to keep us in games.

Would have been worried if Freeman played the whole game. Coleman is playing like I saw at Indiana. I remember making a bet with someone on here that he'd start over Coleman by the end of the season. I knew Freeman would be way better. Coleman is hitting the hole better in the pros, but still is brought down with every arm tackle.

We got rid of the big slow guys who were terrible and brought in some quicker, skilled DT's who can actually be disruptive and get into the backfield.

and in order to make that work they also switched up to more of a 1-gap scheme rather than the primarily 2-gap hybrid they'd been running previously.

T Y McGill had one tackle, with Langford, Parry, Winn, and Kerr showing 0 tackles.

But they did a ___ of a job controlling the LOS!

Kudos to Parry for his quick recognition tracking the play and crashing down at just the right time.

I was impressed!

A strange luck we have Again with game day injuries (Freeman) and drive helping penalties to keep us in games.

Via :colts: App

Langford had a tackle

Parry has been very active and you see him in the backfield a lot. Can't say we've seen this kind of disruption in the backfield by rooks or vets from the middle in???? Now if we can scheme to get that edge pressure while pushing the middle of the line more consistent, we will have that defense set and if we can get Toler to play CB like an NFL CB.

Before this year the scheme was just to hold position and not let offensive line penetration. This year its about causing disruption for the opposing lines.

One an off note, Happy Thanksgiving everyone, here is a old story that is in the spirit of the season

Some years ago, during the depression, a government agent traveled through
 the Tennessee Mountains making small allotments to impoverished farmers for seed, 
stock or needed improvements.

He found one woman who lived alone, scratching  
out a bare living on two acres of barren ground.
 “If the government should allot you $200, what would you do with it?” he asked her.

The woman thought a moment. Her cabin had no floor, its windows were covered with tar paper,
 light came through the broken walls.

Finally, she looked up and said, “Reckon I’d give it to the poor.”