Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano post game speech

C0lts088

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget who our coach was for our only Super Bowl as well! Tony Dungy! Not the best X's and O's, but a great motivator, someone that the players wanted to play hard for.

Dungy strikes me as a much more organized/detail oriented than Pagano. I really have nothing to base that on....jhe seems much smarter than Chuck.

And the whole "they love playing for him" is a bunch of crap IMO. This is the NFL. Guys loved Barry Switzer too.

Dungy strikes me as a much more organized/detail oriented than Pagano. I really have nothing to base that on....jhe seems much smarter than Chuck.

And the whole "they love playing for him" is a bunch of crap IMO. This is the NFL. Guys loved Barry Switzer too.

But not as much as Jimmy Johnson. So why is it a bunch of crap that players like playing for their coach. That makes no sense.

But not as much as Jimmy Johnson. So why is it a bunch of crap that players like playing for their coach. That makes no sense.

They loved Jimmy Johnson?? Not really. Not an easy coach to play for.

It's crap because it doesn't mean anything. People act that's a selling point.....it's not.

But even Dungy had his share of one and dones when he took over. We weren't able to finally beat the Patriots in the playoffs until our Superbowl run...

But even Dungy had his share of one and dones when he took over. We weren't able to finally beat the Patriots in the playoffs until our Superbowl run...

I wasn't that fond of Dungy either. Was just comparing him to the Wood Chopper.

Since Pagano has been hired he said probably dozens of times that his two top keys to winning are:

1. Running the Ball

2. Stopping the Run.

How does that sound like a guy who is interested in passing the ball all around?

Exactly my point though. Say one thing and do another. I have no beef with Arians but with him the Colts threw the ball a lot. Same with Pep, and he didn't emphasize the run. We didn't even start to finally stop the run until this season, but the pass defense was good. Not saying we're terrible, but this team has been mostly the opposite of what was promised in 2012, for better or worse

That speaks to conflicting ideas of who the Colts are supposed to be. Which media analyst have mentioned about the Colts: we have no identity.

The guy that "had to go"..went. Pep is gone. Unless its already a done deal then IMO nobody has "to go". Both Grigson and Pagano, this is their first stint at these jobs, and like I`ve read others on here state, the growing pains are behind us hopefully. Theres been good choices and bad choices made. I`d like to see where the future takes them here with the Colts now with some experience under their belts. A lot of good things here to be proud of..

They loved Jimmy Johnson?? Not really. Not an easy coach to play for.

It's crap because it doesn't mean anything. People act that's a selling point.....it's not.

It's not? Ask Gruden why he gets no serious offers to be a coach again. Because he is not a good coach? Or could it be players couldn't stand him? I have seen no ex Gruden players stand up and say he was well liked. As far as Jimmy Johnson, ex Cowboys that played for him have nothing but praise for him. So I really don't see where you are coming from on that subject. If a coach is not liked players will not give the extra effort. Ask any player who played for Vince what they would do for him.

It's not? Ask Gruden why he gets no serious offers to be a coach again. Because he is not a good coach? Or could it be players couldn't stand him? I have seen no ex Gruden players stand up and say he was well liked. As far as Jimmy Johnson, ex Cowboys that played for him have nothing but praise for him. So I really don't see where you are coming from on that subject. If a coach is not liked players will not give the extra effort. Ask any player who played for Vince what they would do for him.

Gruden isn't getting offers because guys like Warren Sapp didnt like him? Ok....

Praising and respecting a coach and liking him are two different things.

Gruden isn't getting offers because guys like Warren Sapp didnt like him? Ok....

Praising and respecting a coach and liking him are two different things.

One player out of how many seasons? Everywhere Gruden has been he has been fired and ex players of his have nothing to say positive about him. Even after winning a super bowl who did the Buc players call and give credit? Dungy. It is human nature to give all you have for a coach you like and not so much for one who is disliked. Why you would think different is beyond me?

Exactly my point though. Say one thing and do another. I have no beef with Arians but with him the Colts threw the ball a lot. Same with Pep, and he didn't emphasize the run. We didn't even start to finally stop the run until this season, but the pass defense was good. Not saying we're terrible, but this team has been mostly the opposite of what was promised in 2012, for better or worse

That speaks to conflicting ideas of who the Colts are supposed to be. Which media analyst have mentioned about the Colts: we have no identity.

I don't think Pep didn't emphasize the run because he didn't believe in the run.

I think he went away from the run because (A) our running game was very poor,  and (B)  Luck was very good Pep's first two years with the Colts  ('13 and '14)

It's easy to get away from your core beliefs in those kind of circumstances.....

Staying with the run when you're not getting as much out of the run as you'd like and need is much, MUCH easier said than done.     Every time you're running you feel like you're giving away plays and setting up your QB into down and distance that are long and undesirable.     

This coordinator stuff is really, really hard.     That's why there are only a couple of hand full of OC's that are really good...   then another group is average.... (I'd put Pep in there....)    and others are either not that good,  or don't have a good QB and just have to make do with what they have...

One player out of how many seasons? Everywhere Gruden has been he has been fired and ex players of his have nothing to say positive about him. Even after winning a super bowl who did the Buc players call and give credit? Dungy. It is human nature to give all you have for a coach you like and not so much for one who is disliked. Why you would think different is beyond me?

Gruden wasn't fired in Oakalnd.

who cares if the players gave Dungy credit? Fact is those same players couldn't get it done for the coach they loved and got it done for a coach, according to you, they despised. Kinda proving my point.....

Gruden wasn't fired in Oakalnd.

who cares if the players gave Dungy credit? Fact is those same players couldn't get it done for the coach they loved and got it done for a coach, according to you, they despised. Kinda proving my point.....

If you don't think it makes a difference if players like a coach that is on you. Gruden won with Dungy players with the exception of an ex Colt. How long did the dynasty last in Tampa Bay? Long term great teams play for a coach they like. Johnson, Walsh, Madden, Belichick, Landry, Knoll, the great Vince and a hand full of others were well liked by their players and it showed. Pagano minus the sick games has had very good success because of the players liking him and playing hard for him. You may disregard that point but like I said, that's on you. It may not matter to you but I highly doubt the players would agree. It seems like we both just have to agree to disagree.

If you don't think it makes a difference if players like a coach that is on you. Gruden won with Dungy players with the exception of an ex Colt. How long did the dynasty last in Tampa Bay? Long term great teams play for a coach they like. Johnson, Walsh, Madden, Belichick, Landry, Knoll, the great Vince and a hand full of others were well liked by their players and it showed. Pagano minus the sick games has had very good success because of the players liking him and playing hard for him. You may disregard that point but like I said, that's on you. It may not matter to you but I highly doubt the players would agree. It seems like we both just have to agree to disagree.

oh God, can this forum stop with the "Gruden won with Dungy's players" nonsense. Sam Wyche drafted Sapp, Brooks and Lynch. I guess Dungy was winning with Wyche's players.

You keep throwing Jimmy Johnson in there...which is hilarious. And I have no idea how much those coaches were like by their players. Hell, Knoll had a rocky relationship with his HOF QB.

oh God, can this forum stop with the "Gruden won with Dungy's players" nonsense. Sam Wyche drafted Sapp, Brooks and Lynch. I guess Dungy was winning with Wyche's players.

You keep throwing Jimmy Johnson in there...which is hilarious. And I have no idea how much those coaches were like by their players. Hell, Knoll had a rocky relationship with his HOF QB.

I guess when I made the comment about us just agreeing to disagree you couldn't let it go without wanting to turn this into an argument rather than a debate. Sorry to disappoint you but find someone else to argue with you. I am done with this.

I guess when I made the comment about us just agreeing to disagree you couldn't let it go without wanting to turn this into an argument rather than a debate. Sorry to disappoint you but find someone else to argue with you. I am done with this.

Oh, after you write a paragraph to make your point you say agree to disagree.

sorry to disappoint me? wasnt it you who quoted me that started this discussion?

I wonder what Jim Caldwell's post-game speeches were like...

Caldwell: "And a game ball for you… Game ball for you… Aaaand, a game ball… for you."

Painter: "But coach, we lost the game."

Caldwell: "Okay, I'm taking your game ball, Painter. You had your chance, and you blew it."

Painter: :*(

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who read the Caldwell parts in Cleveland brown's voice. :D

So let's get serious here for a second guys...why would Luck need to shower after the game?? Lol, too funny him standing in a towel with a big bearded grin on his face

I get nervous watching so I get sweaty/clammy hands. I imagine it can happen to players who are watching as well.

If the rumors are true yes, we are

If not, maybe we'll be fine. But Grigson needs to get his act together with these FA signings and draft picks

As I wrote before I think initially while he was rebuilding the team and we had a lot of cap money the FA were the best route to go to keep the team competitive in the now. Now that there is less cap money in sure he will now begin to shed most of those FA and focus more on drafting. I'm almost certain that is what he intends to do. If you look at how he has structured most of these FA deals the contracts will be running out next year or the following. Pretty much coinciding with the time frame of us paying out our bigger contracts. Also if you notice he doesnt trade away or give away draft picks anymore unless its something really low like what he gave away to acquire Sio Moore. He has been more focused on gaining extra picks. I don't do a whole lot of belly aching about his free agent deals because I don't know of many teams that do well in that arena. Most teams pay big money in FA and don't get what they paid for overall. It's not a Grigson phenomenon to me. Other people who do make a big deal of it to me are just trying to build up a hype train to get other sporadic thinkers complaining to make the issue bigger than it is.

As I wrote before I think initially while he was rebuilding the team and we had a lot of cap money the FA were the best route to go to keep the team competitive in the now. Now that there is less cap money in sure he will now begin to shed most of those FA and focus more on drafting. I'm almost certain that is what he intends to do. If you look at how he has structured most of these FA deals the contracts will be running out next year or the following. Pretty much coinciding with the time frame of us paying out our bigger contracts. Also if you notice he doesnt trade away or give away draft picks anymore unless its something really low like what he gave away to acquire Sio Moore. He has been more focused on gaining extra picks. I don't do a whole lot of belly aching about his free agent deals because I don't know of many teams that do well in that arena. Most teams pay big money in FA and don't get what they paid for overall. It's not a Grigson phenomenon to me. Other people who do make a big deal of it to me are just trying to build up a hype train to get other sporadic thinkers complaining to make the issue bigger than it is.

^^ well thought out statement^^

Pagano hasn't lost the locker room but he has lost the fan base we still want him gone

Please refrain from speaking on behalf of the fan base. I want Pagano to stay and I'm very adamant about that. There are a good number of people who feel the same on both sides, but when you lay out all the facts, he's a great coach that is still growing. He has total buy in from the players on his philosophy and ideals, those that think differently need to try and be more observant. 

Please refrain from speaking on behalf of the fan base. I want Pagano to stay and I'm very adamant about that. There are a good number of people who feel the same on both sides, but when you lay out all the facts, he's a great coach that is still growing. He has total buy in from the players on his philosophy and ideals, those that think differently need to try and be more observant.

you really believe Chuck is a GREAT coach? Seriously?