Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasselback MVP Despite Cam Newton

King Colt

All things remaining the same Newton is probably going to get MVP but IF the Colts win with Matt and they then will be in the playoffs it would be a nice touch to give credit where due to Matt for keeping the team in the playoff picture. I am aware of what Newton did today but MVP is what it is so honorable mention would be nice.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All things remaining the same Newton is probably going to get MVP but IF the Colts win with Matt and they then will be in the playoffs it would be a nice touch to give credit where due to Matt for keeping the team in the playoff picture. I am aware of what Newton did today but MVP is what it is so honorable mention would be nice.

come on now....

Meanwhile,  back on Planet Earth..........

I appreciate the sentiment.....    but,  no.....     not even close.      Not even in the discussion.      Just.....   No!

Get it out of your mind and move on to reality.

Matt Hasselbut MVP? haha......I've heard it all now. He's played well, but MVP's don't go to game managers.

I thought I mentioned Newton for MVP and "honorable mention" for Matt. Apparently the level reading amongst many of our fellow Colt fans isn't what it should be. Don't worry, school is for dummies. 

I thought I mentioned Newton for MVP and "honorable mention" for Matt. Apparently the level reading amongst many of our fellow Colt fans isn't what it should be. Don't worry, school is for dummies.

aperently you are not able to grasp how incredibly dumb what you were suggesting was

I thought I mentioned Newton for MVP and "honorable mention" for Matt. Apparently the level reading amongst many of our fellow Colt fans isn't what it should be. Don't worry, school is for dummies. 

I know what you meant. Matt being 3-0 is awesome for being 40 years old. I think Brady will win MVP unfortunately, Cam has had an awesome year too. Seeing what Matt is doing is pretty special. Most probably thought before the season started if we had lost Andrew we would stink. To contend in the Playoffs we need Andrew IMO but Matt can hold the fort down in these Regular Season games for a while.

even saying he should be considered is a freaking joke

Winning 100% of his regular season games at 40 years of age I  know the chances are slim if at all but I guarantee it if he does that his name will be tossed around in the media while Cam Newton takes the trophy over Brady. Also if some of the wins were from behind in the fourth quarter it would add stock to the soup. The only way Brady will win over Newton is if the sorry NFL feels sympathy for his deflate gate he has to suffer trough. Panthers will also get coach of the year. 

Winning 100% of his regular season games at 40 years of age I know the chances are slim if at all but I guarantee it if he does that his name will be tossed around in the media while Cam Newton takes the trophy over Brady. Also if some of the wins were from behind in the fourth quarter it would add stock to the soup. The only way Brady will win over Newton is if the sorry NFL feels sympathy for his deflate gate he has to suffer trough. Panthers will also get coach of the year.

The nfl doesn't hand out the award. It's voted on by members of the media. Brady is going to win it

When you propose a ridiculous idea in a poorly written post and then get called out on it, probably not the best of ideas to question the IQ of those questioning it.

Did you watch the game?  MH did not have a good game today....    Colts were very fortunate    MH  was  23/32  213 yds  2 td -2 ints

Even "honorable mention" for the NFL's MVP is incredibly silly for Matt.

So.......

If you want to show Matt some love,  and he keeps doing well,   then you can have Matt Hasselebeck win the Colt's team MVP.

But that's it.     That's all.

He's not in the discussion for a league-wide award.

Did you watch the game?  MH did not have a good game today....    Colts were very fortunate    MH  was  23/32  213 yds  2 td -2 ints

So 23/32 2 TD (and 2 int's) isn't a good game?  I'd say it's a decent game...  At one point he had 10 straight completions, if that counts for anything!

So 23/32 2 TD (and 2 int's) isn't a good game?  I'd say it's a decent game...  At one point he had 10 straight completions, if that counts for anything!

It was an average game and far from a good game.  He missed a lot of passes he should have had.  He made some bad audibles,   Dont forget the second TD was benefited by 3 very big penalties.