Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass Interference

IndyTrav

Something has to be done about these PI calls. I don't know if its the rules, if the DB's in the league are less athletic, the way offenses are exploiting them or what it is. Now add in the NFL is using the defenseless WR and head shots, Im not entirely sure I like the direction the NFL is going at this point.

They need to relax just a bit. Problem is since its a judgment call..how? There's no clear answer except let them play a little rougher. You can't lessen the penalty or it means nothing. Pretty much a catch 22.

Also WRs are taller these days. A good CB covers perfectly but the taller WR still jumps it.

Something has to be done about these PI calls. I don't know if its the rules, if the DB's in the league are less athletic, the way offenses are exploiting them or what it is. Now add in the NFL is using the defenseless WR and head shots, Im not entirely sure I like the direction the NFL is going at this point.

The league's rules make it way easier for an offense to execute their game plan. They would love high scoring games because that's what most fans like

The league's rules make it way easier for an offense to execute their game plan. They would love high scoring games because that's what most fans like

So since Polian is gone I wonder who replaces him in the competiton committee. I nominate BB so we can get some rules in the defense favor:)

But you're right..the NFL wants high scores for the masses (thats what I call em' hehe). Average fan gets bored with low scoring games.

So since Polian is gone I wonder who replaces him in the competiton committee. I nominate BB so we can get some rules in the defense favor:)

But you're right..the NFL wants high scores for the masses (thats what I call em' hehe).

I would have thought Polian would have stayed on the committee...guess not. They should replace all committee members with defensive guys. Belichick, Crennel, Zimmer, LeBeau, and Fewell. I don't know about other people, but I love defensive games. I don't care if the game ends up being 9-6 as long as it is because of solid defense and not inept offense

i think they should go back to 10 yard bump and run. or actually start calling holding penalties. also going below the knees of a QB should not be a penalty. no one does it intenionally and it shouldnt be a 15 yard penalty.

oh but they would do it intentionally. years past thats what you did. Get the QB out of the game even if it meant break his leg. Football was pretty nasty years ago.

They weren't as strong back then as the players today are superhumans:)

But some of the PI and bump and run aren't dangerous.

oh but they would do it intentionally. years past thats what you did. Get the QB out of the game even if it meant break his leg. Football was pretty nasty years ago.

They weren't as strong back then as the players today are superhumans:)

But some of the PI and bump and run aren't dangerous.

I think they need to seriously consider reviewing the bump and run zone. I think that would be the best way to fix this. The way the NFL was this year was just sad. The fact that three QB's threw for 5000+ yards and I think 4 QB's had 39+ TDs is a really bad sign for the NFL and in my mind it kind of diminishes the achievements of brees and rodgers this year.

My second favorite team has and always will be the Lions. Stafford is definitely the best young QB in the NFL and has loads of potential, but he should not be throwing for 5000 yards and 41 TD's. Same with Cam, both are outstanding but the rules today favor QB's so much that if you have any amount of talent you look like a god out there.

Sadly, the NFL is changing. And in my opinion the changes taking place are bad ones. I think there are a ton of different factors, actually... TV ratings ("fringe" fans generally don't appreciate good, defensive football and find it boring), video games (don't even get me started on the 'Madden' thing) and fantasy football.

They've made it virtually impossible to play defense these days. And I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better. Defense is, inherently speaking, harder to play than offense, and now there are all kinds of disadvantages that defenders face. If the NFL continues to devolve this way (IMO), I will eventually tune out, I think.

Sadly, the NFL is changing. And in my opinion the changes taking place are bad ones. I think there are a ton of different factors, actually... TV ratings ("fringe" fans generally don't appreciate good, defensive football and find it boring), video games (don't even get me started on the 'Madden' thing) and fantasy football.

They've made it virtually impossible to play defense these days. And I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better. Defense is, inherently speaking, harder to play than offense, and now there are all kinds of disadvantages that defenders face. If the NFL continues to devolve this way (IMO), I will eventually tune out, I think.

ah fringe fans..that was the word I was looking for:)

Yeah yeah...you'll still watch:)

I'm not so sure about this. I see the DBs holding and grabbing constantly and very far down the field. I see DBs getting their arms across the receivers arms regularly beofre the ball gets their and inhibit the receiver's ability to get the arms up and catch the ball. but they also let receivers push off to get separation.

The bigger problem in my mind is the lack of holding calls against the O-line. It's crazy what they get away with. An o-lineman and get his arm under the neck of a rushing DE (partly due to the move and the way the DE is rushing - but that's life) and seriously slow him down. I don't know how that isn't holding. If this was reduced QBs would need to get rid of the ball quicker more often, or scramble, or maybe get sacked/fumble. I think those are exciting plays and I would like to see more of that.